[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

On 6/20/2017 at 1:32 PM, Ace76inDC said:

Many many thanks this mod rocks.

I am also having some issues with electricity drain. Question, how do I do this:  

goto the ksc and hit escape, on the settings menu there is a difficulty button, on clicking that there are some buttons on the left and one should be for tac, the option is in there.

I think TAC LS might be having difficulty if other things, a MOLE lab in my case, are also consuming power on the vessel. I tried both methods of running mentioned in recent pages and the 'EC remaining time' in TAC bears no relation to the actual EC remaining. 

I am having a little confusion with the distribution and effect of resources on Kerbals. 

On the old mod description, the mod says that excess waste, waste water, and CO2 won't kill Kerbals, but I recently (using 1.3 and last TACLS version) encountered dead Kerbals that had perished due to "Airtoxicity". 

1. Is this a bug?

2. If not, how can this be solved in the future if I don't have waste recycling modules?

3. Is it possible to turn off this feature to make it like the old version?

4. If not to number 3, can I somehow revive and automatically place the dead Kerbals back in alive state in their respective vessels?

Also, as someone mentioned earlier, the electricity consumption is bugged. On many vessels, I have upwards of 5000 EC, but the color of the TACLS mod in the toolbar is always red and says Kerbals are low on oxygen.

Again, is this a bug, and if not how can I solve this?

54 minutes ago, MCSquared said:

On the old mod description, the mod says that excess waste, waste water, and CO2 won't kill Kerbals, but I recently (using 1.3 and last TACLS version) encountered dead Kerbals that had perished due to "Airtoxicity". 

If I'm not mistaken Airtoxicity means you ran out of power and the life support systems were unable to circulate the air for recycling/addition of oxygen.

Note: There is a known issue with the background processing (unless it was fixed).  If the ship was unloaded than it might not have been properly tracking power generation.  Turn background processing off in the TAC-LS difficulty settings for the time being.

Edited by overkill13

2 hours ago, overkill13 said:

If I'm not mistaken Airtoxicity means you ran out of power and the life support systems were unable to circulate the air for recycling/addition of oxygen.

Note: There is a known issue with the background processing (unless it was fixed).  If the ship was unloaded than it might not have been properly tracking power generation.  Turn background processing off in the TAC-LS difficulty settings for the time being.

2 hours ago, MCSquared said:

I can't find this, please help.

Pictures/detailed information would be great.

Air Toxicity is what happens when you vessel runs out of EC and can't circulate or run Life Support Systems. Always been there...
The latest dev build works fine for me, and several people have reported above and on github that it is working.
I'll look at a full release in the next week assuming no one is having further issues.
If you are running the latest dev release v0.13.3dev and followed the instructions and removed BackgroundProcessing mod if installed and you are still having issues please say so, reporting what you see, provide full logs (logs with other mods, whilst slightly useful, are not really as I don't generally spend or have the time to set up an install to match all the mods people have installed).

If you are running a version earlier than v0.13.3dev you should, a) install v0.13.3dev and b) not have BackgroundProcessing MOD installed.. but you should c) NOT disable "Unloaded Vessel Processing" in the difficulty settings unless you are still having issues with v0.13.3dev. and as stated, if you are experiencing issues in the latest dev build having done all that, then please report it. Otherwise, it's never going to be fixed. Cheers.

Tac still seems to be ignoring solar panel input.

Edited for details. 
v0.13.3dev installed.
Background Processing removed. 
'Unloaded Vessel Processing' enabled.
While vessel is in focus: no problems. Electricity duration goes up to max in sunlight, drains on night side. 
While vessel is not in focus: Electricity duration drops, then into the red. If it drops below zero and focus is shifted to vessel before crew death, it doesn't come back into the black, even with full batteries. If you defocus, the crew will still suffer death from oxygen toxicity.

Haven't tested with a constant power supply (fuel cells, RTG or reactor) yet

Edited by Sudragon

4 hours ago, Sudragon said:

Tac still seems to be ignoring solar panel input.

Yeah, I haven't had much time to play recently, but I noticed something similar this morning.  It appears that unloaded vessels just draw down their batteries in the background without ever using their solar panels to recharge.  I didn't notice this earlier since my current game only has one space station in it and that has altogether too much battery capacity.

If you switch to the vessel the batteries charge as normal and the problem is resolved, but there seems to be some sort of issue related to electricity remaining.  I'll try to get some logs later today when I get back from Canada Day festivities.

Other than this issue, I have not had any other problems.

Edit: I had a few minutes so I reinstalled KSP and created a ticket: https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/92

After a bit more testing, reinstalling BackgroundProcessing appears to resolve the problem.  I will need to do a bit more testing, and will try to report back later today.

https://github.com/JPLRepo/background-processing/releases/tag/v0.4.5.0

Edited by Gene Kerantz
adding bug report

5 hours ago, Gene Kerantz said:

Yeah, I haven't had much time to play recently, but I noticed something similar this morning.  It appears that unloaded vessels just draw down their batteries in the background without ever using their solar panels to recharge.  I didn't notice this earlier since my current game only has one space station in it and that has altogether too much battery capacity.

If you switch to the vessel the batteries charge as normal and the problem is resolved, but there seems to be some sort of issue related to electricity remaining.  I'll try to get some logs later today when I get back from Canada Day festivities.

Other than this issue, I have not had any other problems.

Edit: I had a few minutes so I reinstalled KSP and created a ticket: https://github.com/KSP-RO/TacLifeSupport/issues/92

After a bit more testing, reinstalling BackgroundProcessing appears to resolve the problem.  I will need to do a bit more testing, and will try to report back later today.

https://github.com/JPLRepo/background-processing/releases/tag/v0.4.5.0

See my post 2 above yours... if you are using the latest dev build. you should not have BackgroundProcessing installed.

On 01/07/2017 at 5:00 PM, JPLRepo said:

See my post 2 above yours... if you are using the latest dev build. you should not have BackgroundProcessing installed.

Am using 0.13.3dev.  I installed BackgroundProcessing separately to see if the behaviour was different.  After further testing it turns out not to resolve the problem either.  I will update the ticket.

On 7/1/2017 at 6:15 AM, JPLRepo said:

Air Toxicity is what happens when you vessel runs out of EC and can't circulate or run Life Support Systems. Always been there...
The latest dev build works fine for me, and several people have reported above and on github that it is working.
I'll look at a full release in the next week assuming no one is having further issues.
If you are running the latest dev release v0.13.3dev and followed the instructions and removed BackgroundProcessing mod if installed and you are still having issues please say so, reporting what you see, provide full logs (logs with other mods, whilst slightly useful, are not really as I don't generally spend or have the time to set up an install to match all the mods people have installed).

If you are running a version earlier than v0.13.3dev you should, a) install v0.13.3dev and b) not have BackgroundProcessing MOD installed.. but you should c) NOT disable "Unloaded Vessel Processing" in the difficulty settings unless you are still having issues with v0.13.3dev. and as stated, if you are experiencing issues in the latest dev build having done all that, then please report it. Otherwise, it's never going to be fixed. Cheers.

so im using v0.13.3dev without background processing and all i get is -16 year counters, and at full timewarp kerbals die....

JPLRepo, thanks for the help. I was somewhat confused because your wording and that of the mod seem different. 

On the front page of this thread, it says to INSTALL BackgroundProcessing for the current version. But I reread your comment, and did what you said and now it works great!

Thanks.

So I figured out the thing with BackgroundProcessing and electric charge with ships, but now I'm having more problems.

When a vessel has upwards of 5000 or 10000 EC, and all of the batteries are full, why does the timer on Kerbals last getting EC go down? Even when I load a vessel, and have solar panels out and RTGs on, the vessel keeps full charge but the timer goes down.

Why does this happen?

At this point, I would like to disable EC consumption if that is possible in the files.

54 minutes ago, MCSquared said:

So I figured out the thing with BackgroundProcessing and electric charge with ships, but now I'm having more problems.

When a vessel has upwards of 5000 or 10000 EC, and all of the batteries are full, why does the timer on Kerbals last getting EC go down? Even when I load a vessel, and have solar panels out and RTGs on, the vessel keeps full charge but the timer goes down.

Why does this happen?

At this point, I would like to disable EC consumption if that is possible in the files.

It happens because sounds like a bug. As there have been a number of reports. I'll try to get to the bottom of it this week.

in the meantime, no you can't turn EC consumption off.

please hang in there and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Quick question: When you do get around to doing the patch, will we be able to turn back on ships' consumption (currently turned off TACLS) without changing anything else?

The reason I ask is because I'm designing a base right now and I'm wondering whether I should bring LS supplies.

Thanks.

Also having problems with EC I'm sorry to say - have a nuclear reactor running, more than enough charge, EC never goes below 100%. Not sure if it's relevant but Amp Year also honks about it, seems to think things like reaction wheels and transmitters are permanently running

53 minutes ago, MCSquared said:

Quick question: When you do get around to doing the patch, will we be able to turn back on ships' consumption (currently turned off TACLS) without changing anything else?

The reason I ask is because I'm designing a base right now and I'm wondering whether I should bring LS supplies.

Thanks.

Probably.

50 minutes ago, Das_Sheep said:

Also having problems with EC I'm sorry to say - have a nuclear reactor running, more than enough charge, EC never goes below 100%. Not sure if it's relevant but Amp Year also honks about it, seems to think things like reaction wheels and transmitters are permanently running

I am not clear what your issue is at all sorry.

8 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I am not clear what your issue is at all sorry.

Apologies if not clear - TACLS reporting no or negative power in batteries despite being full and never going below 99% happens without ever switching from vessel. Not sure if it's relevant to you for fault finding that Amp Year is throwing up issues regarding power use as well.

There might be interaction with @Nertea's Dynamic Battery Storage involved.

From Kerbal Atomics, @Nertea posting;

Here's my internal description of DBS, hope it helps.

DynamicBatteryStorage: A plugin that works around the problems of stock electricity consumption/generation at high time warp by monitoring electricity consumption and production.

• Artificially and temporarily expands the storage of a EC containing part in the ship to buffer EC use at high timewarp if the total vessel storage is not sufficient (defined as total storage < total generation * current physics tick)
  • Enabled at 100x warp and higher
  • Debug panel with CTRL+SHIFT+K
  • Monitors EC draws and consumptions
  • Supports the following generators (modded in red): ModuleResourceConverter, ModuleGenerator, ModuleDeployableSolarPanel, ModuleCurvedSolarPanel, FissionGenerator, RadioisotopeGenerator
  • Supports the following consumers (modded in red): ModuleResourceConverter, ModuleResourceHarvester, ModuleGenerator, ModuleActiveRadiator, ModuleCryoTank, ModuleAntimatterTank
  • Aims only to support relatively high draws during non-physics warp, so no support planned for things like ModuleLight, ModuleCommand
  • Other power-consuming or producing module support to be considered

I've mentioned this to Squad staff on more than one occasion, it would require a rewrite of the whole vessel resources system to fix it. Not on the table.

2 hours ago, Bishiba said:

The mod apparently does never refresh my electricity stat, and then kills kerbals for no reason. Trying to find a way to disable electricity coz it's ridiculously annoying...>.<

I am sure the mod developer is working on it.  I too am having the problem and none of the solutions or developer patch works for me.   Currently I have two craft with -10 days plus power.  If you go to KSC, hit escape, and then select settings, you will see a TAC life support button.  To disable killing of Kerbals you can unselect "kill Kerbals."   Hope that helps you and keep the faith.  The fix is coming, it just take some time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.