[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

15 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

You have to take that to the RO/RF threads. This mod itself contains contain or support those mods directly. Rather real fuels and RO contain patch files to modify TAC/LS to support them.

Now that I think about it, it does seem more like a question for this thread since it isn't a bug and now that I know what the source of the extra O2 is, I could easily patch it to output something non-usable like "GaseousO2" or something like that. So the question is, would that O2 byproduct from the propulsion system really be usable in the life support system?

Now that I think about it, it does seem more like a question for this thread since it isn't a bug and now that I know what the source of the extra O2 is, I could easily patch it to output something non-usable like "GaseousO2" or something like that. So the question is, would that O2 byproduct from the propulsion system really be usable in the life support system?

I don't see how it would be possible. The reaction happens in the combustion chamber, then the byproducts are expelled through the nozzle, which generates thrust. I see no way to "recapture" combustion byproducts.

I think I have some kind of modulemanager error going on. None of my crewable command pods have any life support resources added. I checked and I have the MM_AddResources.cfg in my install, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Log file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cg2-duBRBE1LFYmxImC0dgQr3tSMoNKK

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

On 3/30/2019 at 5:32 AM, WhitestWizard said:

JUst a query as ive not kept up with the changes.

Are the Command pods still meant to come with some a small amount of food, water and O2 stocked in them?

I've been digging into this for several days now, as I can see that there are modulemanager patches that are clearly intended to add life support resources to the command capsules. I think there's something wrong with these patch files however. I've managed to get things working again by replacing this condition:

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[>0]],!RESOURCE[Food]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

With this:

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

I don't really understand what I'm doing, and I expect there will probably be some unintended consequences, but this change has got it working again for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a noob question and I am sure that this has been covered.

For the first time in a long time, I am using CKAN to install mods for my save, I have always downloaded the mods and installed myself.

Today, ckan didn't download or highlight the Community Category Kit has a suggestion or dependency , is the CCK needed?

3 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I have a noob question and I am sure that this has been covered.

For the first time in a long time, I am using CKAN to install mods for my save, I have always downloaded the mods and installed myself.

Today, ckan didn't download or highlight the Community Category Kit has a suggestion or dependency , is the CCK needed?

OP is pretty clear.  CCK is not listed as a dependency for TAC LS.

3 hours ago, Friznit said:

OP is pretty clear.  CCK is not listed as a dependency for TAC LS.

I did read the OP, that is why I was looking for some clarification .. since when I downloaded it that CCK was included ... just wanted to make sure that my save wasn't going to suffer.

thanks for letting me know.

1 hour ago, gamerscircle said:

I did read the OP, that is why I was looking for some clarification .. since when I downloaded it that CCK was included ... just wanted to make sure that my save wasn't going to suffer.

thanks for letting me know.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your question.  On CKAN, TAC LS has CCK as a suggested mod but not a hard dependency. It will offer to download CCK but it's not mandatory and you can choose to deselect it if you wish.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 5:01 PM, Snoman314 said:

I've been digging into this for several days now, as I can see that there are modulemanager patches that are clearly intended to add life support resources to the command capsules. I think there's something wrong with these patch files however. I've managed to get things working again by replacing this condition:

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],@MODULE[ModuleCommand]:HAS[#minimumCrew[>0]],!RESOURCE[Food]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

With this:

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

I don't really understand what I'm doing, and I expect there will probably be some unintended consequences, but this change has got it working again for me.

I'm sorry for necroing this, but I just ran into this issue myself. Are you using the No Crew Requirement mod by any chance? I am, and that was breaking TAC's MM config by setting the minimum crew for all crewed parts to zero. TAC specifically looks for parts with "minimumCrew" > 0, so setting it to zero breaks TAC's patch. I was able to put things right by going into the "MM_AddResources.cfg" file and changing

to

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],!RESOURCE[Food]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]

This SHOULD work okay, because it still checks for a non-zero crew capacity and doesn't add resources to any part that already has food on it. The only thing I removed was the specific check for minimum crew > 0, which I'm not sure why it was there in the first place.

@JPLRepo there used to be somewhere a chart that tells you exactly what converters you need in each planet/moon, to fully produce water, oxygen and food, explaining what local resource you needed. It was excellent to show what equipment you need to have a self-sufficient outpost anywhere.

I can't find it anywhere, can you refer it to me here?

37 minutes ago, AlexO said:

Why TAC warns "running out" with 90 days life support?

Screenshot

Thanks

Alex

IIRC, it warns you when the life support resources drop below a certain percentage threshold. How much space do you have for life support resources on the ship? How long can a full crew of Kerbals last with all the storage space completely filled? 

20 hours ago, TBenz said:

How much space do you have for life support resources on the ship? How long can a full crew of Kerbals last with all the storage space completely filled? 

Enough for my rescue mission I guess (6-10 Days planned). Maybe it is the threshold. Can I change it per GUI?

Thanks

1 hour ago, AlexO said:

Enough for my rescue mission I guess (6-10 Days planned). Maybe it is the threshold. Can I change it per GUI?

Thanks

A little bit of testing says that TAC warns when resources drop below 10% of the ship's total capacity. For example, this ship has over a year's worth supply of food still, but is below 10% of it's total food capacity, so it gets the warning.

Spoiler

K5qVBjO.png

I don't believe there is any way to change this, either through the GUI or through editing CFG files. 

Hi,

May I ask the SSPXr users if their greenhouses still work after this update? I just made my first space station for this save and the TAC converters work fine but the SSPXr 2.5 greenhouse does not work. The menu items are all fine, the lights work, but after I start the greenhouse, no conversion takes place. There are no errors in both the logs and tha part compiles fine.

Thanks

Edit1: Greenhouse is now working. I had to start the Mineral Siphon first, then start the Greenhouse. When I stopped the Mineral Siphon, the Greenhouse kept working.

Edited by Gilph

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.