[1.12.x] TAC - Life Support v0.18.0 - Release 19th Sep 2021

JPLRepo

Not sure if this is a known issue but when I change settings in the main menu (!) this is logged:

Exception handling event OnGameSettingsApplied in class TacStartOnce:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Tac.TacStartOnce.ApplySettings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventVoid:Fire()
KSP.UI.Screens.Settings.SettingsScreen:OnApply()
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall:Invoke(Object[])
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList:Invoke(Object[])
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase:Invoke(Object[])
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
UnityEngine.UI.Button:Press()
UnityEngine.UI.Button:OnPointerClick(PointerEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerClickHandler, BaseEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

It was a fresh start, no exceptions before that.

On 5/2/2017 at 4:35 AM, Aest47 said:

Im having some issues after a fresh reinstall of KSP 1.2.2. TAC is showing as 1/0 crew. The contents of the containers are draining but the timers are static. Any suggestions on how to fix?

0sdiukU.png

Bit more info please... so you have one crew on-board. and zero frozen crew on board (because you have my DeepFreeze mod installed as well).
So I see no issue with that bit at all.
The timers are not counting down once you launch on the active vessel? is that what you are saying?
They will not count down if the vessel is PreLaunch (on the LaunchPad).

On 5/19/2017 at 11:03 AM, HaydenTheKing said:

10k/11k o2 and 642/16k co2, kerbals died of o2 toxicity?? 

It appears to be the oxygen and co2 having a problem other resources are doing ok.  I just ran a test with mk1 on launch pad for 31d with the 0.625m life support and waste capsule.  says 1305 oxygen and 0 co2 at the end when food ran out.

Need more info... I'm not following. Vessels on the LaunchPad that are PreLaunch will consume no resources except EC (cause Stock does that not TAC LS).
Logs and more info please.

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Not sure if this is a known issue but when I change settings in the main menu (!) this is logged:

Exception handling event OnGameSettingsApplied in class TacStartOnce:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventVoid:Fire()
KSP.UI.Screens.Settings.SettingsScreen:OnApply()
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall:Invoke(Object[])
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList:Invoke(Object[])
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase:Invoke(Object[])
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
UnityEngine.UI.Button:Press()
UnityEngine.UI.Button:OnPointerClick(PointerEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerClickHandler, BaseEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

It was a fresh start, no exceptions before that.

There is a known issue with settings if you read page a page.

Bit of an update. Spent a bit of time looking into the problems with TAC LS - EC consumption, timers, crew numbers.
good news is I've ironed out a number of these bugs. Bad news is, I won't be releasing an update until after KSP 1.3 is released.

5 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Bit of an update. Spent a bit of time looking into the problems with TAC LS - EC consumption, timers, crew numbers.
good news is I've ironed out a number of these bugs. Bad news is, I won't be releasing an update until after KSP 1.3 is released.

So... does this mean that those issues wont be fixed for 1.2.9?

9 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

That's right. KSP 1.2.9 is just a testing version. KSP 1.3 is the only version where it will be worth modders' time to go all in and fix everything that needs fixing.

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

It means I won't be updating this (or any of my mods) for KSP 1.2.* but they will all be updated when 1.3 comes out.
I've also prepped TAC LS for Localization. So anyone interested in translating it to the supported languages (or any of my other mods for that matter) then drop me a PM

5 minutes ago, SkyRender said:

Another mod I'm very looking forward to 1.3 support for!  Take your time, guys.  We're a patient bunch, even if some of us don't let on that's the case.

Putting finishing touches on TAC LS now.
Changelog so far:

v0.13.1
	Update for KSP 1.3.
	Localization support added. All languages in English for now. Other Language contributions welcome! :)
	Unloaded Vessel Resource processing. TAC LS now processes Life Support resources for unloaded vessels.
	Fix Issue with Electric Charge not being calculated and reported correctly.
	Fix Issue with Electric Charge - Opening the Windows in Atmosphere option and show this in the UI.
	Include Electricity readout for PreLaunch vessels (as they still consume EC for non TAC-LS reasons.
	Fix App Launcher Icon colour showing correct overall status of vessels.
	More performance tweaks and improvements under the hood.
	Removed pop-up at KSC for new games advising where Settings are. (People should know where they are by now).
	Fix Settings being reset when clicking Custom difficulty option.

V0.13.1 Published for KSP 1.3.
It is language ready (but currently all languages contain English). If you wish to volunteer to translate TAC LS please send me a PM. Thanks.
Here is the final change log:

v0.13.1

Update for KSP 1.3.
    Localization support added. All languages in English for now. Other Language contributions welcome! :)
    Unloaded Vessel Resource processing. TAC LS now processes Life Support resources for unloaded vessels.
    Fix Issue with Electric Charge not being calculated and reported correctly.
    Now checks if vessel is on or above a body that has an atmosphere that contains oxygen and allows the windows to be opened, or vents opened (if enough EC) to use the air from the atmosphere instead of on-board Oxygen.
    Fix Issue with Electric Charge - Opening the Windows in Atmosphere option and show this in the UI.
    Include Electricity readout for PreLaunch vessels (as they still consume EC for non TAC-LS reasons.
    Fix App Launcher Icon colour showing correct overall status of vessels.
    More performance tweaks and improvements under the hood.
    Removed pop-up at KSC for new games advising where Settings are. (People should know where they are by now).
    Fix Settings being reset when clicking Custom difficulty option.
    Fix Life Support Parts showing in Utilities category when Community Category Kit is installed.
    Update to latest Community Category Kit and Community Resource Kit.   

47 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I just realized I made a dumb mistake. and TAC LS creates NullReference log spam for probe vessels. Fix coming up very shortly.

That is a wonderfully hilarious error. Thanks for fixing it so quickly, of course, AND the bug itself made me laugh. :) Just the kind of thing I would be likely to do myself.Cheers!

It has come to my attention there may be an issue with EC consumption at high timewarp (again) - I am Investigating.
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/161333-quick-tac-life-support-question-glitch-or-dumb/

On 5/30/2017 at 2:32 AM, NikoBi said:

Hello! I apologize in advance for bad English. Tell me in what file I need to change the name of the resource (for example water), I need to translate in my language. If there is a possibility that the answer can send by e-mail ([email protected]). Thanks in advance!

TAC LS uses the Community Resource Pack (CRP) for definition of the resources it uses.
If you send me the translations (assume it is one of the supported languages for KSP 1.3?) I can get CRP updated.
If on the other hand you are wanting this information so you can just change the language for your own purposes (or a language that isn't supported by KSP 1.3, then you have to change the resource definitions in your own install.

55 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

TAC LS uses the Community Resource Pack (CRP) for definition of the resources it uses.
If you send me the translations (assume it is one of the supported languages for KSP 1.3?) I can get CRP updated.
If on the other hand you are wanting this information so you can just change the language for your own purposes (or a language that isn't supported by KSP 1.3, then you have to change the resource definitions in your own install.

I set up CRP for localization (but @RoverDude still hasn't accepted my pr :huh:) so all you'll have to do is plug in the translations

I've been having trouble getting TAC lifesupport to work. In order to troubleshoot, I made a clean install of KSP 1.3 with CKAN. I am having the same problems as I had in my modded install. The TAC parts and GUI are present, however, the kerbals are not consuming any resources. The last updated time of the GUI is the same as the MET, so it appears that it never updated after launch. Here is the link to the Output_log on my dropbox. Let me know if you can't access it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/l550emdo2qkmol6/output_log.txt?dl=0

1 hour ago, toadtal said:

I've been having trouble getting TAC lifesupport to work. In order to troubleshoot, I made a clean install of KSP 1.3 with CKAN. I am having the same problems as I had in my modded install. The TAC parts and GUI are present, however, the kerbals are not consuming any resources. The last updated time of the GUI is the same as the MET, so it appears that it never updated after launch. Here is the link to the Output_log on my dropbox. Let me know if you can't access it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/l550emdo2qkmol6/output_log.txt?dl=0

The log file is empty...
Can you describe a bit more? So you clean installed 1.3 with TAC LS. You built a ship and launched it... and you are seeing no resource consumption on the vessel?

Sorry about the Output file being empty. I've uploaded a new output. 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/usjvd512th7eu7o/output_log.txt?dl=0

But to further describe my problem, I clean installed KSP 1.3, and I will build a ship and launch it. I can see that oxygen, etc is loaded onto the vessel, however, there is no consumption. So in a command pod that should only have 3 days of supplies I can fly forever. I am not in atmosphere either. I'm in deep space. When I look at the GUI to see, how much time I have left remaining in supplies. I've provided a screenshot below. 

Edited by toadtal
More information added

3 hours ago, toadtal said:

I just realized you said you installed using CKAN. Can you install it without CKAN and see if that fixes the problem please?
My money is going to be on CKAN not doing the right thing.

3 hours ago, toadtal said:

Sorry about the Output file being empty. I've uploaded a new output. 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/usjvd512th7eu7o/output_log.txt?dl=0

But to further describe my problem, I clean installed KSP 1.3, and I will build a ship and launch it. I can see that oxygen, etc is loaded onto the vessel, however, there is no consumption. So in a command pod that should only have 3 days of supplies I can fly forever. I am not in atmosphere either. I'm in deep space. When I look at the GUI to see, how much time I have left remaining in supplies. I've provided a screenshot below.

Yep this confirms it in your log:

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BackgroundResources, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
  at Tac.LifeSupportController.ConsumeResources (Double currentTime, .Vessel vessel, Tac.VesselInfo vesselInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Tac.LifeSupportController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

CKAN you said you used to install it?
So CKAN is not installing TAC LS correctly. You will have to take that up with the CKAN mod.
If you download TAC LS via one of the three links in the OP and install TAC LS manually it will work fine.
This is because I have included new files in TAC LS to do background resource processing, and CKAN needs to update it's metadata (which I do not maintain).

18 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Yep this confirms it in your log:

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BackgroundResources, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
  at Tac.LifeSupportController.ConsumeResources (Double currentTime, .Vessel vessel, Tac.VesselInfo vesselInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Tac.LifeSupportController.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

CKAN you said you used to install it?
So CKAN is not installing TAC LS correctly. You will have to take that up with the CKAN mod.
If you download TAC LS via one of the three links in the OP and install TAC LS manually it will work fine.
This is because I have included new files in TAC LS to do background resource processing, and CKAN needs to update it's metadata (which I do not maintain).

I believe the CKAN guys have applied a fix to CKAN so TAC LS should now install correctly via CKAN. Thanks to @politas & @Olympic1 for doing that. Cheers.

I'm having a problem.  I'm unsure if it's part of this mod or the Planetary Base Systems or even something else.  I'm trying to build a test base in sandbox mode beside the run way at KSC.  I've got the central pice for PBS and a HAB module.  My ultimate goal is the make the base self sufficient using the recyclers and algae farm that come with PBS.  

The Kerbals are sitting around using up the O2, Food and Water.  They are producing Waste and Waste Water, but no CO2.  I detached the green house and recyclers to see if the wast would just  pile up but no.  CO2 just sits at zero.  I've run at various time warp setting and just let it sit at 1x.  Nothing changes.  Any ideas would be helpful.  Seems else where in the game they are producing CO2, just not here. 

I'm using 1.2.2 on a Mac.  The mod version is 0.13.0.0, which I thought was the latest version for 1.2.2

Below is the link to the log file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubktk6vnzjhrrpw/Player.log?dl=0

Sorry for my dumb post on an old thread last night, reposting it here (with correct version numbers... (1.3, not 1.1.3)

I updated KSP and TAC with 1.3, but I'm having a problem with one (maybe more) of my vessels that I launched in 1.2. I did briefly play on the save after KSP had updated to 1.3, but before updating TAC.

I've got a craft  with 2 gigantors and 1x large battery (4000 EC). Initially, it showed I had about a day's worth of EC. Then I spent some time focused on other vessels, and I was told that the craft ran out of EC.  I switched to it, and the EC meter begian to go back up, but it stoped at about 4 hours... this cycle happened again except it told me that it had 2 hours of EC.

I went into the save file and lastOxygen/Food/Water had identical values, but EC didn't. I gave it the same value as the other resources, and it showed I had over a day's worth of EC. It seems anytime I run out of EC, it starts to build up a deficit.

Why is the EC draining at all? I have 2 gigantors on the thing, and its not being blocked. Do you have any solution? is it supposed to act like this?

I may have to just turn off EC use, because I don't want to store a years supply of EC, and I don't want to check in on every vessel every day.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.