quick load saves before it loads.

like the title says, when you hit the quickload button it saves and names it something like 'quickload' THEN it loads the quicksave. this way if your like me and sometimes go days with out quick saving and then at 2am hit the quick load button and find yourself not even on the mun yet, you can just reload your save instead of throwing your computer out the window.

Edited by leviathan01

It's not clear to me what you mean here, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you mean that when you press Quickload it saves the game immediately, as it is now, and then loads it again.

If that is correct then all it would mean is that when you are headed for 'imminent doom' and you hit Quickload it will save your current state and immediately reload and return you to your 'imminent doom', so all you actually do is delay your 'imminent doom' by the time it took to save and load again.

Which leads me to think I misunderstood your suggestion.

10 minutes ago, pandaman said:

It's not clear to me what you mean here, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you mean that when you press Quickload it saves the game immediately, as it is now, and then loads it again.

If that is correct then all it would mean is that when you are headed for 'imminent doom' and you hit Quickload it will save your current state and immediately reload and return you to your 'imminent doom', so all you actually do is delay your 'imminent doom' by the time it took to save and load again.

he wants to have a backup from the moment he jumps back in time for the case that the jump might be way to far.
So it might be easier to correct a mistake instead of spending days until this mistake happened.

I.e. correction of a mistake takes 5 min. he wants to save them and quickloads, assuming he made a quicksave one minute ago.
After his quickload, he finds himself 5 hours back, so he wasted the last 5 hours of playtime just cause of beeing to lazy to spend 5 minutes for a "repair".

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

when you press quick load it saves the game as it is now just like if you went to the space center, hit Esc and saved, then it loads the quick save the same way the game does it now. So if you quick load accidentally (like you forget which one is quickload and quicksave) you have a save to reload from. the game still loaded the quicksave the same way it has always done, it just made a save (not quicksave) before it did it. 

20 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Aha, so the quicksave it loads is the one you saved however long ago you last did a deliberate quicksave, but I also saves the game as it is now (as an extra save) ?

That's what he wants, yes. Basically, a way to 'revert' a quickload.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.