[1.3.1] Syncrio: Scenario Syncing

Testet this mod together with DMP yesterday and works great, but only after we removed Mechjeb 2. Only DMP, syncrio and Mechjeb 2 installed, but then it only synced sometimes. Did not see any exceptions in the log. Not reverting makes it more fun. Keep up the good work.

@Onack, I'm glad you are enjoying it. Out of curiosity, when you had Mechjeb 2 installed did you update the mod control files for Syncrio and DMP to include Mechjeb 2?

It doesnt look like it, me and my friend that is trying to get this to work fiddled with config files and it works now. Thanks for the tip.

There is a problem with missions requireing parts you have not aquired yet. I built a ship with the part(which I had mission-access to(in blue)) and saved the ship. Next day I was going to fly I still had the quest but the part was not there so my ship was invalid and I had no means to complete the quest.

@Onack thank you for bringing this bug to my attention. I've fixed it (I hope), I'll release the bug fix as a part of the first v1.0 beta. Which should be released either today or tomorrow.

Edited by Caylis1397

I am unable to complete a mission aquired by another member of the group for putting up a space station. Please look at attached screenshot you see that it does not count it as a new vessel it seems. It is clear in the image that it has docking port, antenna and solar panels. Thanks a lot for the quick replies, its very fun doing this coop. I also have a problem with Hohmann transfer crashing/freezing the game in Mechjeb maneuver planner. Last log lines was:

[LOG 22:42:19.121] DarkMultiPlayer: [2250.695] Cannot recover a non-server vessel!
[WRN 22:42:19.123] Vessel Mun Science Probe Debris was recovered for a refund of 200 Funds : it was debris cluttering up KSC.

Do not know if this was related to the crash, but that name is the vessel i was controlling when it was crashing.

Edited by Onack

@Onack hmm... the problem with Hohmann transfer is most likely not related to Syncrio, but the contract not completing might be. I do have one  question, did you set the vessel type to space station? My understanding is that if KSP is not told it is a space station then it won't complete the contract.

Classified it as station, still no checkmark on first part.

Edit: I have the same exact problem with a "Position a sattelite" mission too, designated it as probe and it has all checkmarks but the first.

Edit2: If i take the mission i can complete it just fine, testet this now

Edited by Onack

@Onack it must be that contracts are not registering their game hooks. In other words, KSP doesn't know to tell the contract to be complete. I'll look into this thoroughly and see what I can find and fix. Thanks for being patient.

1 hour ago, daniel5121 said:

Im using a server host to host my dmp server how would i put syncario on the server using a server host

Depends on the server host. If the host can port forward two or more ports, then you should be able to run Syncrio on the same host as DMP. The only requirement for running Syncrio and DMP on the same ip/computer, is that they need to be running on different ports. The default Syncrio port is 7776, and the default DMP port is 6702, so they should be compatible right away. Just remember to set Syncrio to DMP co-op mode in it's settings file. I hope this helps, and by the way, Welcome to the forums.

55 minutes ago, daniel5121 said:

in the server files i cant find DMP co op do you know what its near?

First you need to run the Syncrio server at least once, then a folder named "Config" will be created in the server folder. In "Config" there is a "Settings.txt" file inside that, search for the line "DarkMultiPlayerCoopMode=False" and replace it with "DarkMultiPlayerCoopMode=True". The line should be a little above halfway down the settings file. After changing that line save the .txt file and you're good to go as far as the server side goes. On the client side, at the main KSP menu, there should be a Syncrio client connection window. On the window there is a button labeled "Options" click on it and a new window will popup. The 5th button/line from the bottom should say "Enable DMP Co-op Mode" click that and the button should become lighter. If it becomes darker then DMP co-op mode was already enabled and you will need to click it again to re-enable it.

@Onack I fixed the contract bug, but I have not uploaded it yet. I'll try to get it uploaded later today.

@daniel5121 here are the latest links: This one is for KSP-1.2.2, and this one is the KSP-1.3.0 link. Both downloads are for the same Syncrio update, but for different KSP versions. Each link has a download for the client and the server. It would probably be best to update both the server and client. Also, three side notes. First, when connecting to Syncrio and DMP, connect to Syncrio first and then connect to DMP. Two, I will hopefully have a new beta for Syncrio v1.0 uploaded tonight. It will contain a lot of bug fixes. And three, just for future reference, the latest download links are available on the opening post/page of this thread. From now on, please check there for future updates and the latest versions of Syncrio.:)

v1.0 Beta 3 is now up on Github. It has basic reverting support. This means that data synced during flight will be removed if you revert the flight. However the revert support is still basic and therefor has some logical flaws. In the next (and hopefully last) beta, most of these flaws should be fixed. For now, feel free to try out the reverting system. Just know that in certain situations the system may fail, such as if one player crashes into a building and another player fixes it and then the first player reverts, then the funds that the second player spent to repair the building will not be returned. This is of course a small bug, but I'd still like to fix it. Also beta 3 fixes the bug where scenario data would fail to sync sometimes.

Thanks for the amazing job man.
I really think that DMP is missing something, and Syncrio is the answer. 

I am playing with a friend, we still have some problems, but it's awesome. I understand that you are working on this a lot lately, so thank you from both of us. Keep going :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Me and a friend seem unable to have missions synced. If he completes a mission on his end it doesn't sync at all and then when he relogs it is not completed. If I do the mission it works perfectly fine.

We are running the latest version of Syncrio and DMP. Syncrio is in Co-Op mode.

Any idea what is happening?

EDIT: More testing has shown that Science isn't being synced either.

EDIT 2: This error is coming up:

[10:55:47][INFO] : Client Unknown disconnected in ReceiveCallback, endpoint [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:58191, error: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. (An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine)
[10:55:47][INFO] : New client connection from [::ffff:127.0.0.1]:58191

EDIT 3: Appear to have solved the issue by not using Localhost as the port to connect. Using my external IP seems to have fixed this issue.

Edited by OmniTitan

@OmniTitan I'm glad you found a fix.

@tolomo Thanks for the encouragement.

Everyone, the next v1.0 beta is almost ready. But, I have some other stuff that I need to do first. After the other stuff is done, I'll finish up the work on the next beta. And thanks for your continued support.

• 4 weeks later...

@Ruedii you can disable mod control in the server settings file. But I should warn you that not having the same part packs, tech tree, and/or planet pack while in the same group will cause errors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 0:00 PM, Caylis1397 said:

@Ruedii you can disable mod control in the server settings file. But I should warn you that not having the same part packs, tech tree, and/or planet pack while in the same group will cause errors.

That's why I was thinking it would be nice if the client could black-list out mods not on the server so they don't appear in game.

I'm not sure if that's possible on all mods.  On part mods it's very easy, but on mods that add modules to existing parts (like fuelswitch mods) it may be a little more problematic.

I guess one could copy the entire part config tree from the server (as uploaded by the host's client) to wipe those modules making most other mods largely moot unless they mess with physics too much.

One could theoretically copy the entire world config database, blacklisting a few platform specific, system config specific and language specific branches, which should remove almost all unshared mods. 

However, prerequisite asset packs and module dlls need to still be installed, so this only deals with people who have additional mods installed, allowing them to play by hiding the additional mods, not people missing mods, unless they are purely config file based mods (e.g. module-manager patches and config only parts.)

Some system configurations should also be synced.  I believe this probably hasn't been dealt with yet, and needs to be.  Specifically terrain detail level should be synced for the lowest height.   If not players will end up with inconsistencies in terrain height between players due to having different quality terrain heightmaps.

Is it possible to sync settings for mods? I'm experimenting with an install with Filter Extensions installed, and I would like it to not hide parts that have been researched but not purchased. Every time I change the setting, though, it eventually changes back to the default (hide parts that haven't been purchased).

@awang mod support is not yet implemented, also most mods will need individual support. So its going to take some time to get mod support implemented.

@Ruedii blacklisting mods after KSP has loaded is problematic. It would require reloading KSP's database, which would be the same as loading the game twice.

1 hour ago, Caylis1397 said:

@Ruedii blacklisting mods after KSP has loaded is problematic. It would require reloading KSP's database, which would be the same as loading the game twice.

Yes, certainly depends on the mod.  You can easily "hide" most part mods (leave them in the database hidden from the player a solution to many "legacy" parts when mods remove parts).

Modifying the database post load might not be too big a deal in some cases, but in other cases it could pose major problems (for instance, Most part patches would easily undo, Mechjeb would quietly hide it's functionality if it's modules and parts were hidden but leave a single icon, but ScanSat would throw a fit of NREs because of missing data.)

Would it be possible to build a CKAN-like tool that can copy the KSP directory for it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.