[1.3.1] Syncrio: Scenario Syncing

13 hours ago, Ruedii said:

.Would it be possible to build a CKAN-like tool that can copy the KSP directory for it?

Yes, I believe that is possible. I'm just worried about potential slow down and cpu/ram usage. Never the less, I'll look in to it and see if I can find the best way to do this.

On 8/5/2017 at 0:37 PM, Caylis1397 said:

Yes, I believe that is possible. I'm just worried about potential slow down and cpu/ram usage. Never the less, I'll look in to it and see if I can find the best way to do this.

The CKAN-Like tool should be designed to terminate when the game launches.  It should be used as either a launcher for the game or independent.  You should probably build it against Mono (http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-win) to insure compatability with all platforms.  As a note, the up to date mono compiler and mono-develop versions are much better than the versions shipped with Unity, just so you know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have just tried syncrio and dmp with my friend on locan network and it seems like it doesnt work properly.

1. If we run only dmp it all works fine. (we see each other)
2. If we run only syncrio it all works fine. (we share stuff together)
3. If we run syncrio in dmp coop mode it all looks fine except we cant see each other in the universe.(we share stuff but cant see each other) It looks like we are not on dmp server but on syncrio server. How is that possible if dmp coop mode is turned on?  We can't figure it out.

Any ideas? Pls help. THX

Hello,

I tried to use this awesome mod with a friend of mine (using dmp v0.2.4.4 ). In the beginning all went as it should, but after a couple of minutes the syncing didn't happen any more. First the contracts weren't synced and a short time later the science points and tech-tree also went apart.

(DarkMultiPlayerCoopMode=True in settings)
Same setting within both client's syncrio option menu

I read about the possibilty to manually sync the clients via buttons?
I tried to use the "autoSyncScenarios" switch in the settings.txt to activate this functionalty, but there were no buttons to do that, so I guess this switch won't work any more? It would be nice to have this option when some syncs gone wrong to manually correct them.

Do you have any ideas about our problems and how to fix them?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Is this mod still being worked on? I tried to run it in 1.3.1 but for whatever reason the options menu only loads the first time you agree to the disclaimer then never appears again. I was hoping this might get updated for 1.3.1 so I could try it with my friends.

@Pyreaus yes it is still being worked on, I have just been dealing with life things a lot lately. But I'm back and working on getting the next v1.0 beta finished. My hope is to get it done in about a week or so. I'm going to start support for 1.3.1 in the next beta, and drop support for 1.2.2. Sorry for the long wait on this since the last update.

@DibeX it sounds like somehow you're not connected correctly to DMP. Make sure to connect to Syncrio first the DMP.

@stk8472 both manually sync and autoSyncScenarios were removed a few versions ago. In the next beta I'm re-adding the manually sync button as a backup system in case something goes wrong. As for way the de-sync happen I'm not sure sorry.

@DibeX @stk8472 I am so sorry for not responding earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, panzerwaffe044 said:

Great concept. I have questions about RO RP0 compatibility, will RP0 contracts work properly, will engine upgrades sync properly, will Test Flight data and Kerbal Construction Data sync?

Nope, at the moment only KSP data is synced, so mods that add new scenario modules will not be synced. I plan to add mod data support, but there is a chance that most mode will need to be altered to support Syncrio, instead of the other way around. Although the changes most mods would need are vary small.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AlexALX said:

Any news about support for v1.3.1? Want to play with my friend together in career mode and we can't :(

I have a 1.3.1 server up and running, works fine on the 1.3.0 version (not claiming support from the mod author, just giving my experience).

40 minutes ago, AjentK said:

I have a 1.3.1 server up and running, works fine on the 1.3.0 version (not claiming support from the mod author, just giving my experience).

My problem is exact same like Pyreans have:

Is this mod still being worked on? I tried to run it in 1.3.1 but for whatever reason the options menu only loads the first time you agree to the disclaimer then never appears again. I was hoping this might get updated for 1.3.1 so I could try it with my friends.

So i don't have second menu from syncrio and can't connect to server. My version is 1.3.1 not 1.3.0 (steam).

Edited by AlexALX

6 hours ago, AlexALX said:

Any news about support for v1.3.1? Want to play with my friend together in career mode and we can't :(

Syncrio v1.0 beta 4 is going to support KSP v1.3.1. I have almost completed beta 4, but every time I sit down to finish it something comes up. Never the less, I will continue work on it and try to get it out as soon as I can.

On 08.11.2017 at 6:56 PM, Caylis1397 said:

Nope, at the moment only KSP data is synced, so mods that add new scenario modules will not be synced. I plan to add mod data support, but there is a chance that most mode will need to be altered to support Syncrio, instead of the other way around. Although the changes most mods would need are vary small.

Hm, does this mean that your mod will have some API for other mods so they can use it to sync data between players? Because i also have some cool (by my option) mods for career and it can be good if they also will work with syncrio.

For example:
ContractConfigurator - for custom contracts
SCANsat - make maps synced with players
REPOSoftTech - make reseach for celestial bodies also sync.

Of course i'm  talking about future and not for current version.

Anyway thank you for your mod and i'm waiting for next beta)

Edited by AlexALX

On 11/27/2017 at 12:56 AM, AlexALX said:

Hm, does this mean that your mod will have some API for other mods so they can use it to sync data between players? Because i also have some cool (by my option) mods for career and it can be good if they also will work with syncrio.

For example:
ContractConfigurator - for custom contracts
SCANsat - make maps synced with players
REPOSoftTech - make reseach for celestial bodies also sync.

Of course i'm  talking about future and not for current version.

Anyway thank you for your mod and i'm waiting for next beta)

Yes, Syncrio will support mod sync requests in the future, but that is going to take some time to build properly.

Also, Syncrio 1.0 beta 4 is now available. The ui and group system have been rebuilt, and some other fixes added. The ui is not 100% complete yet, but it is functional and works well.

Hey. We play with a friend on version 1.3.1 and we have a problem with the reputation. Even if the kerbals do not perish, the reputation can fall sharply. In the center of kerbanals, one extra is in the designated ones, but it is impossible to interact with him. Because of what, it's still impossible to play in the career mode. This was observed on version 1.3.0 and previous version of Syncrio . Sorry for my English.

P.S.

And when we create a new game, the number of kerbals is different for us. At me 16, and at the friend 20 on hard difficult

Edited by aroker

On 12/7/2017 at 2:36 AM, aroker said:

Hey. We play with a friend on version 1.3.1 and we have a problem with the reputation. Even if the kerbals do not perish, the reputation can fall sharply. In the center of kerbanals, one extra is in the designated ones, but it is impossible to interact with him. Because of what, it's still impossible to play in the career mode. This was observed on version 1.3.0 and previous version of Syncrio . Sorry for my English.

P.S.

And when we create a new game, the number of kerbals is different for us. At me 16, and at the friend 20 on hard difficult

Are you using Dark Multiplayer? If you are, then I know what the problem is. Dark Multiplayer has a bug where reputation will drop even if you don't crash. I did fix the bug in Dark Multiplayer on my own version of Dark Multiplayer, but my version is out dated.

If you are using Dark Multiplayer, then I will update my version, and try to send you a copy.

If you are not using Dark Multiplayer, then I am not sure why this is happening.

8 minutes ago, Caylis1397 said:

Are you using Dark Multiplayer? If you are, then I know what the problem is. Dark Multiplayer has a bug where reputation will drop even if you don't crash. I did fix the bug in Dark Multiplayer on my own version of Dark Multiplayer, but my version is out dated.

If you are using Dark Multiplayer, then I will update my version, and try to send you a copy.

If you are not using Dark Multiplayer, then I am not sure why this is happening.

Yes, i using Dark Multiplayer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

nice mod - works without DMP nice, but with one drawback ...

The screenshot fuction is here (to take screenshot) but no possibility to share this over the network (like in DMP ..)

Would like to have the same screenshot/ingame-view function as in DMP here ... as it is with shots from our friends much more fun to play multiplayer ...

Additionaly a ranking system would be nice to show the ranking/values of the other groups ...

Regards

• 1 month later...

@lukecologne its actually a problem in DMP. I sent them a Pull Request that fixes it, but until they merge it into the main source code in wont be in the official DMP release. I'll pm you with a copy of the fixed DMP.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2018 at 11:56 AM, panzerwaffe044 said:

Thanks for your work. Have you heard of Luna Multiplayer? Any chance of getting your mod compatible with it like you did it with DMP?

Yes, Syncrio actually works with Luna Multiplayer already, as the DMP Coop Mode makes Syncrio work with both. However the last time I tested Syncrio with LMP a while ago, so I am not sure if it will be 100% compatible. But, it will be soon, as I am completely rebuilding Syncrio. The rebuild is almost done, and for the most part all that is left to do in the rebuild is to build a UI, and then testing the rebuild. The rebuild will have better support for DMP, and LMP. I am not sure how much longer the rebuild is going to take though, as the rebuild is nothing like the original.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.