Caylis1397

[1.3.1] Syncrio: Scenario Syncing

Recommended Posts

@bananashavings it would appear some bugs made it through my testing of 0.2.0.0. Thank you for bringing them to my attention. They will be fixed in the newest version of Syncrio, but I'm not sure when that will be released. Hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow. Again thank you! Both for your help alerting me to the bugs and for your patience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bananashavings said:

Any updates?

The 0.2.5.0 Update will be released later today!:D (Some time after 8:00 PST...I still need to test one of it's new functions, but I can't do that till some time after 7:30. It should only take a few minutes.) It has a full functioning scenario sync system, an upgraded auto sync system and overall (slightly) improved functionality/performance.

Thank you for your patience! (and sorry I did not get back to you sooner.(I've been busy working on Syncrio.:P))

Edited by Caylis1397

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caylis1397 said:

The 0.2.5.0 Update will be released later today!:D (Some time after 8:00 PST...I still need to test one of it's new functions, but I can't do that till some time after 7:30. It should only take a few minutes.) It has a full functioning scenario sync system, an upgraded auto sync system and overall (slightly) improved functionality/performance.

Thank you for your patience! (and sorry I did not get back to you sooner.(I've been busy working on Syncrio.:P))

That's awesome to hear, and that's completely fine that you didn't respond sooner. Thanks for all the great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bananashavings, I have a question for you (since your the one who suggested I put Syncrio on CKAN) and the KSP Community.

The Problem:

I have the .ckan file (just so you know, .ckan files are used to link mods to CKAN) for the client side ready, but I can't make a working one for the server side because CKAN only makes sub folders for the GameData, Tutorial and Scenarios file locations. Which means I can't have the server installed to the GameRoot folder unless I don't put the server in a folder all by it's self, which would make a big mess in the player's KSP folder. And I can't put it in GameData because then KSP would read the server's .dll files, thinking they were mods and then it would crash horribly...So I don't know what to do...But that is why I'm asking you and the community.

The Question:

Should I just add the client side to CKAN or not add anything to CKAN or ask the makers of CKAN to alter CKAN to allow sub folders for the GameRoot folder? (the only reason I even considered that last one is because DMP only has it's client on CKAN because of the same problem I have, thus their are two of us with this problem now, meaning it is no longer a completely isolated problem)

If anyone else has any thoughts about this please feel free to share them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Caylis1397 said:

@bananashavings, I have a question for you (since your the one who suggested I put Syncrio on CKAN) and the KSP Community.

The Problem:

I have the .ckan file (just so you know, .ckan files are used to link mods to CKAN) for the client side ready, but I can't make a working one for the server side because CKAN only makes sub folders for the GameData, Tutorial and Scenarios file locations. Which means I can't have the server installed to the GameRoot folder unless I don't put the server in a folder all by it's self, which would make a big mess in the player's KSP folder. And I can't put it in GameData because then KSP would read the server's .dll files, thinking they were mods and then it would crash horribly...So I don't know what to do...But that is why I'm asking you and the community.

The Question:

Should I just add the client side to CKAN or not add anything to CKAN or ask the makers of CKAN to alter CKAN to allow sub folders for the GameRoot folder? (the only reason I even considered that last one is because DMP only has it's client on CKAN because of the same problem I have, thus their are two of us with this problem now, meaning it is no longer a completely isolated problem)

If anyone else has any thoughts about this please feel free to share them.

Just put the client side on clan. That's what DMP does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bananashavings said:

Just put the client side on clan. That's what DMP does. 

Thank you for your help, I will get Syncrio client side on CKAN as soon as I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Caylis1397 said:

Thank you for your help, I will get Syncrio client side on CKAN as soon as I can.

Hey man, everything is mostly working better, but unfortunately when you sync from group, all the science on your current vessel is deleted. My friend and I discovered this while doing two science missions simultaneously, and after I finished my mission we synced everything up, but all the science in his vessel was deleted. If you could let me know when this is fixed that would be great. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bananashavings said:

Hey man, everything is mostly working better, but unfortunately when you sync from group, all the science on your current vessel is deleted. My friend and I discovered this while doing two science missions simultaneously, and after I finished my mission we synced everything up, but all the science in his vessel was deleted. If you could let me know when this is fixed that would be great. Thanks!

It should be fixed now, but fair warring the "Sync to Group" and "Sync from Group" buttons are now one button that syncs to the group and then from the group right after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/8/2016 at 3:05 AM, Caylis1397 said:

SPECIAL THANKS:

@godarklightand the DarkMultiPlayer team for their great work on DarkMultiPlayer!

@Ippo for the Open Node Parser.

And Squad for KSP!

Thank you for using my stuff :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do scientific achievements also sync? If I turn in science from the Mun's north pole, will the rest of my group be unable to replicate that experiment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Suedocode said:

Do scientific achievements also sync? If I turn in science from the Mun's north pole, will the rest of my group be unable to replicate that experiment?

Yes, but if you don't get all the science other players in your group can still get the rest.

For example, if you only get half of the science (in other words you transmitted the data instead of recovering it) from the mystery goo from the Mun's north pole, the players in your group can still get the other half of the science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Caylis1397, I still think theres an issue having to do with peoples science getting removed randomly. After some certain events (coming out of a warp seems to be one of the many), a message will pop up at the top and all of the science in your vessel will be removed. It's really weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Caylis1397 said:

@bananashavings can you send me the message?

Sorry, I don't have the exact quote on me, but its something along the lines of "All science in discover able objects has been removed" Ill try to see if I can get the exact words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, my friends and I have been waiting...patiently...for an update. I stepped through your code and it seems to handle all data the same. That doesn't make much sense and may be why it is not working properly. We (Kerbleers) really want this to work. So...erm...progress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Death Rides a Tricycle said:

Okay, my friends and I have been waiting...patiently...for an update. I stepped through your code and it seems to handle all data the same. That doesn't make much sense and may be why it is not working properly. We (Kerbleers) really want this to work. So...erm...progress?

Simply put...yes, there has been lots of progress and a new update is almost ready. And you are right about the handling all data the same being a problem and it has been accounted for in the complete rewrite of the scenario sync system contained in this next update. Now that I have sparked you interest here is an somewhat incomplete list of changes in this update.

Spoiler

===Fixes===
=Group stuff=
* Group invite is now working.
* The group window graphics have been cleaned up.
===Upgrades/Overhauls===
=Scenario syncing stuff=
* Complete rewrite of the scenario sync system.
* * Each scenario data type is handled separately.
* * It now uses subspaces.
* * * Players now sync their scenario data to separate folders based on what subspace they are in.
(If two or more player are in the same subspace, they will sync to the same folder.)
(Group subspace folders will merge with the latest subspace folder when no players are in them.)
===Things still todo===
=Group stuff=
* Upgrade the group window.
=Misc.=
* Add/re-add mod control.
(So the RnD scenario does not sync mod parts that are not allowed)
* Add the rest of the new stuff and finish the last few things for this update.
* Finish the polishing of this update.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, sorry for the long wait. Syncrio v0.9.0.0 is now available for download/testing. The update is still being worked on. So the download is only available on GitHub for now.

I should have the full release ready soon™.:D

Here are some things you should know about the update:

Spoiler

Subspaces have been added. Simply because it made no sense to be able to sync scenarios back and forth through time.

Vessels are now remembered when you leave the server and added back into the game when you join the server again.

As a note this only happens if DarkMultiPlayer co-op mode is off.

As a warring I did experience a bug where my latest vessel changes did not get remembered. This happened because I left the server before syncing to group.

(The vessel memory system is linked to the sync scenario system. Although this bug should not happen because it auto syncs when you leave the server...)

The scenario sync system has been completely rewritten. It now handles each scenario module type separately and uses a queue-like system.

Group progress for all groups is now displayed in a new window that can be opened in the group window.

The display is not complete yet (it only displays basic info), but it is next on the todo list.

The group invite window has been fixed. Now you can have private groups and be able to invite other players.:)

That is all for now. Thank you and until next time.

Caylis1397.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The second v0.9 beta is now available.

* Fixed the "Error in main server thread, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." fatal error.
* Fixed the DarkMultiPlayer co-op mode time syncing.
* Fixed the group progress window always displaying basic and secret progress. Even if it has not been achieved yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Death Rides a Tricycle said:

Downloaded and it works! I like the way you deal with contracts and with sub-spaces. Wow. I think you may have succeeded in doing what a lot of others tried and failed to do...well, I haven't broken it yet. Way to go!

umm... You must be really lucky because when I tested v0.9-beta.2 thoroughly I found many bugs still lurk in the code.

Particularly, I found bugs with the contract system. They are fixed now... hopefully. But if you're having fun that is all that matters.:D

Anyways, beta three is now available:

Spoiler
  • Fixed crash on join server. "Error handling KERBALS_REQUEST from Player, exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
  • Fixed crash/kicked out of the server when syncing. "Error handling SCENARIO_DATA"
  • Fixed (Hopefully) contracts randomly being removed.
  • Fixed one minor background bug.

And please, if you find a bug, report it. It's the only way I will be able to help you solve any issues with Syncrio.

Thank you.

Caylis1397.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I did find the contract bug, but you fixed it before I got around to writing it up. This is cool. I particularly like the tech tree bits. Very nicely done. Squad should be impressed with what you've done to make their game more enjoyable for multi-players. Keep up the great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.