When you need a KSP "break"

kBob

what games do you play instead?

I see various things mentioned in passing, just thought I'd get a read on what people like to play if they feel they need for a bit of rest from playing KSP.

I usually fire up Civ V or Sins of a Solar Empire.  If I still need space travel (totally unrealistic of course) I go with Sins.  If I want a complete change I go with Civ.  Of course KSP lures me back after a short time.

Edited by kBob

In general, I tend to like tactical (and usually squad-based) games. In particular, the some of the last few games I've played are:

• Factorio
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Guild of Dungeoneering
  • Invisible, Inc.
  • XCOM
  • FTL

I also tend to like single-player 3rd person games, especially the goofier ones like Just Cause, GTA, and Saint's Row. I also really enjoyed all the modern (3 and on) Fallout games.

Recently, Minecraft and Sniper Elite V2 (should have been named "One Man Army Elite V2" but w/e). Also Dwarf Fortress, Factorio, Spintires, and Darkest Dungeon.

Edited by regex

34 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Factorio

I've thought about getting this.  Haven't looked at in a while looks like they are keeping up on the releases.  Maybe I'll treat myself after labor day.  Thanks for reminding me about it.

I don't. Damn video games are like drugs to me; it's best to stay away altogether.

Maaaybe if it's some mindless game that I can finish in a couple sittings and put away for good. But, after KSP, I'm afraid to risk playing anything.

Edited by Lukaszenko

Game wise, nothing really, if I'm not in the mood for KSP I tend to not be in the mood for gaming.

Apart from maybe occasionally an hour or so on CoD (black ops 1- combat training) if I just wanna shoot stuff (be a moving target) for a change, or I'll play 'Go' on my tablet for a bit.

Weather (and time) permitting I like to try and avoid losing too many golf balls too.

Edited by pandaman

World of Tanks / World of Warships, Ultima 5 or 7... sometimes Ultima4 or 3, SWTOR, WoW, Age of Wonder II, Carrier Command(AtariST), MidWinter(AtariST), Heart of Iron(I get a kick of playing the Chinese/PRoC), Master of Orion...  I got quite a few oldies to change the mood.  and World of ____ games are very intense, so if I need action to offset slow KSP sessions, it's perfect.  There's also "Tharsis" which is pretty neat change of pace and doesn't take too much time.  I also like watching a few of my favorite channels on Youtube.  One of which posted in this thread...

However I am about done with my break, and starting to fancy a Sarnus-5 (hence me having Galileo remake Tekto's clouds last week).
Not sure I will use my previous motherships.  Designing is part of the fun too.

Edited by Francois424

Deus Ex (the original version - and I use the original disc I bought on release day)*, Homeworld (also on the original disc), Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Dragon Age Origins, Pharoah (w/the Cleopatra expansion), MechWarrior 3, 4 + expansions, Independence War 2.

I also, at some point, try to get a little farther along in my unfinished playthroughs of Dishonored, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Witcher 2 and 3, Bioshock Infinite, Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity, Morrowind

*DX - Invisible War - Good game, not a good Deus Ex game, DX: Human Revolution - Decent game, not a good Deus Ex game, not getting DX: Mankind Divided for a LONG time

11 hours ago, razark said:

Silent Hunter 4

Wait, other people exist who play that game? I was beginning to suspect that I was the only one. I've recently added the Operation Monsun mod, which makes it even better, allowing full careers in both theaters of the war.

I also play Total War, my favorite installment being Medieval II, Left 4 Dead 2, and I've recently picked up the Mount & Blade series, which is turning out to be a really good game (I can finally be a Viking, pillage, raid, burn monasteries...)

Edited by pTrevTrevs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.