[1.1.3] Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts v0.1.2 (Featuring Porkjet's hab pack)

Tokamak

Edit on 2017-07-14: I have not had the time to maintain this, so go to the new threat where Linuxgurugamer is keeping it alive: 

I apparently got featured on the dev blog's Modding Monday. Hooray! *waves*

logo_wider_banner_by_maekern-dafj44d.png

KIXY8jw.png

Download latest release from GitHub

NOTE: If anyone is interested in adding support for other mods, especially life support systems, like Kerbalism, TAC, and so on, I am all ears!

A couple of weeks ago I found myself saddened by all of the orphaned/abandoned mods that have really cool parts which are no longer usable in recent versions of KSP, and seeing post after post of "Will anyone update this? Please?", and I noticed that a lot of them were under permissive licenses or even in the public domain. I decided to start mucking about with .cfg files, seeing if I could give them new life. I wasn't going to do any modelling or anything, just a bit of config tweaking.

Well... one thing led to another, and I found myself learning Unity and Blender, which I had sworn I wasn't going to tackle. Whoops. XD

After getting a lot of excellent help in this thread from some very helpful and patient folks, I'm making progress. I went from just trying to make a tweak here and there to doing some semi-original designing, mostly just to learn more. I've got a pile of old parts that I plan to "refurbish" and re-release, and I'm feeling more and more like I may be able to actually pull it off. Don't worry, I'm tracking licenses and authors carefully. I've gotten permission to use a few assets not in CC from the original authors, and even when they ARE CC or similar licensed, I've sought permission anyway, to be polite. Anything I release will be thoroughly documented in that respect.

I have a lot of parts on my to-do list, as well as some totally original work, but I figure I may as well release what I have so far. If nothing else, it will be good to hear feedback about bugs, balance issues, and other problems as early as possible. I've already learned so much that the work I did two weeks ago seems very bleh to me now, and I'm sure what I'm doing now will also seem bleh later.

If you have any feedback or criticism, hop on over to the development thread and please share it. 

Once again it is not my intention to EVER take credit for anyone else's work, but I want to take parts that are incomplete, don't interact usefully with mods, or just generally need some effort to download and get working, and make them easily accessible to everyone. Regardless of license, if you see any of your work here that you would rather I not include, please tell me and I will immediately take appropriate action

CHANGELOG

0.1.1 - 2016.08.30
--------------------
* Added updated (K)ADEPT heat shields originally by DennyTX
* Added AVC support
* Minor bug fixes

0.1.0 - 2016.08.26
--------------------
Initial release
* Added "refurbished" inflato1, inflato2, and inflatoflat from Porkjet hab pack, with USI-LS/MKS, CLS and ELP support
* Added Dry Workshop with USI-LS/MKS, CLS and ELP support

Immediate todo:
* Spiff up inflatable IVAs
* External lights for dry workshop
* Normal / bump maps?
* Internal windows on inflato flat
* Set up IVA overlay / depth mask
* Dim lighting in inflato modules

ASSET CREDITS

From Porkjet Habitat Pack:
	By Porkjet
	Original forum URL http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/58534-10x-habitat-pack-v041/
	Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
	Also recieved personal permission in PMs on KSP forum 2016-07-29

* Inflato Habitat PA550
		Completely made by Porkjet. Included here not to take credit for but completeness
		Tokamak migrated from obsolete and buggy deployable hab module to USIAnimation, added support for USI-LS, MKS, CLS, ELP
	* Inflato Workshop PA330
		Externals completely made by Porkjet, as well as basic unfinished internal skeleton
		Tokamak finished/fleshed out IVA, using some models and textures from PA550 to maintain consistent look and feel
	* Inflato F.L.A.T Command Module
		Externals completely made by Porkjet. No IVA
		Tokamak created IVA, using some models and textures from PA550 to maintain consistent look and feel
	* Base mount
		Entirely by Porkjet. Included for completeness

From Large Structural/Station Components
	Original forum URL ttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/31891-large-structuralstation-components-20-compatible-release-thread/
	Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
	Officially abandoned. Creator stated on mod thread, “I permit those whom wish, to continue with mod; as I won't be returning to progress it myself”
	Interior by Tokamak

* Dry Workshop
		Exterior by udk_lethal_d0se, as well as internal wall texture
		IVA by Tokamak
		Uses chair model/texture and transparent grating texture from Porkjet Habitat Pack
		Uses modified chair model/texture from Kerbonov - Sam Hall CC 3.0 Share Alike with attribution
		Uses computer textures from Virtual Museum of Computing
			http://www.esi.uclm.es/museo/index_en.html
			Any use of the models are permitted under the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution of Spain
		Large console display texture by ZZZ
			Released to public domain by author 
			http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/74147-k-p0110-apollo-like-crew-module-now-with-source-files-included/
		All other textures and models by Tokamak

From NASA - Adaptable, Deployable Entry Placement Technology (ADEPT) 
	By DennyTX for KSP 0.25
	http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/88546-nasa-adaptable-deployable-entry-placement-technology-adept-by-oldd-260414/
	Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
	Tokamak asked for and got permission to repackage from DennyTX over PM on 2016-08-30
	Model, texture, and animations by DennyTX
	Updated to ModuleAnimateGeneric for KSP 1.1.3, and KSP 1.x thermal and aero systems by Tokamak

* Kadept folding heat shield

Supports        
* USI Life Support
* USI Kolonization Systems 
* Connected Living Space
* Extraplanetary Launchpads

Requires
* USI Tools
Module Manager

88x31.png Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International

Edited by Tokamak

Here is a list of the quality pre-owned and probably still entirely functional parts that we have available for the budget-conscious space program manager. Popular mod support is offered at no extra charge!

Inflatable Habitats

After the world-renowned Porkworks was acquired by C7 Aerospace, they abandoned their Inflato product line to focus almost entirely on spaceplane parts. This left warehouses full of almost perfectly good giant space balloons gathering dust. Tokamak Industries was able to acquire them at closeout prices, and we pass the savings on to you!

Inflato Habitat PA550

The PA550 was already a mature design, so we simply had to dust it off, update the inflation mechanisms, and possibly remember to check for leaks. It offers an unprecedented amount of elbow room for recreation, guaranteed to prevent your Kerbals from getting grumpy and mutinous on long stays in space. (Warranty void if used in space or extrakerbal planetary surfaces)

Includes support/configuration for USI Life Support, USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS), Connected Living Space

Requires USI Core Tools

rnAuK5Fbbq6IhuCzIWTjhla9iV3PC199lLpISr3IJe7De1rzD2LQtEqOiMFadq1IYqfZwvKiEV6S2VmmwKH8vRvuUidyH2MoI2iuw7NdlCHz0m6QwjK4IpBQsKTFZ_1rUW03DZLt

0OrqYwEzxwHFgDrf9dXr8XY9VRhLJmD9e_1F1tz4hV_sooN0NORFwOWPaJGnkAmua6_fSVRtMQ-g5QkDO8TTbp-B8AydD--L1r5LjF0i8Fau1SoPhL6iCWMcfKiCJ82aX2z9K2jd

YYLvvPOjHGDA7XifbS06eCyXsaE6hni_CzbIPe8KHhbBV0XIEUNo7wc1csM6VsvKNfzApfbdL0av44F1qNhTAwNglbMvKKkl3rX3O0OUQIq6DHONEJBbyc5fPLK5Ql77ZYUduGiP

tLKBoZEkQdq-iVvr1UxXYV-C-YHTPvR7i6jWdoNSMBFhYXaICTIuT66E8bYeyZdHe_upxQk2IlbMevP4_O1yx-9lNML5qeL6MqX3nWkGnf-up5sCM6gW-8PqWVWAkAGzx874SD6o

Completely made by Porkjet. Included here not to take credit for but completeness

Tokamak migrated from obsolete and buggy deployable hab module to USIAnimation, added support for mods

Inflato Workshop PA330

When we got our hands these, they were just mostly empty shells with 30m² of exciting possibilities. Ignoring those possibilities, the PA330 has been fitted out as a workshop instead. It can hold up to 6 Kerbals with enough elbow room for them to work, but you will want to find somewhere else for them to spend their off time if you are not a fan of mutiny. There was even enough room left over to throw in some surplus life support recycling equipment.

Includes support/configuration for USI Life Support, USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS), Connected Living Space, Extraplanetary Launchpads

Requires USI Core Tools

JSX_9dzZvc7QrOqw0wmSpr9Sb_-54HsDpo4CK9LaT_XOt7usAFsO19CLkhAO6y6jYeod8_FcGpiJM-Maa7Nb1cZ8KCbyMMPsYSKAZtIlOZTgOaA6-7GTxlwUuJslbjzskrCVY0Gi

1XLwG7ECUxjP21GVzjpOw0UT73Tluodzu_jCqEMuffJi8O-ScFFmaYd60TZAfB5mUcEbccCTDPl8t8ac7H468mkeF5yLgqRgMfZQP4D4DHhNCrFjqM_HwSv2JRTaJ4G5QGmmWBDv

i86PnPWbjuLMV7PPLXXfGiTMpqY_BgzQrG0mKxsoJzNgfXqcd3vFVRtR0Gc9AO6drOsZaZuBDJQ-oO8iMVTjOBmrAcZzEg6BszPo4U5o3Odqi8qH5IHp2ltsDOmpCebMAJh9QwGb

Externals completely made by Porkjet, as well as basic unfinished internal skeleton

Tokamak finished/fleshed out IVA, using some models and textures from PA550 to maintain consistent look and feel, added mod support

Inflato F.L.A.T Command Module

Like the PA330, the "Feasible Landable Advanced Technology" Inflato module was just an empty shell with an excess of docking ports. Unlike the PA330, it was also annoyingly small, so a command console and a worktable were all that would fit in it when stowed. At least it's roomy when inflated, and quite light for a 4 Kerbal pod. We are fairly sure we cleared out all of the spiders.

Includes support/configuration for USI Life Support, USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS), Connected Living Space, Extraplanetary Launchpads

Requires USI Core Tools

Mg9GZyMewFuDacxAGLvLxcabeRJirI_T-Tt0ksw6dOzbcS7VAkLaY7pGaIMZj9szTLuvN__XS5c9S53XJ6emLpwCMb39NjVWFkZ3zOEUHKu3DCWZ7co8kX_t-eiy6X0MfyLLWQsq

graMTkzOhVIZCVeGEu8Ktx64jv01HsE4b2uQ1i3Vv-6Q_yd9Ckj0bqNFCeYIBOxXZENeraOU9YH7XVJcv1piS6zynCAc9LOTHV2iF7lZ8KdfhFQFw7sBdya4eQIPtQyz251LUqg3

29tBmJXLOyFOTZJxS4qG5nPA59HxDvd00X_zV2rKkCFA9EXb0JnKJwI9siuFIyEJr1fZQeGjnjzeztNSe1O72lrreHlIMFGWrwzrHzRhWgUH8niHRjluN-ls5Ktg3Ycgkdq4Iqdy

Externals completely made by Porkjet, but no IVA

Tokamak created IVA, using some models and textures from PA550 to maintain consistent look and feel, added support for mods

Dry Workshop

A hollowed out and re-fitted UDK brand fuel tank, designed to provide extra living space and allowing Kerbals to stay in space for much longer periods in... "comfort". The smell of refined kerosene is almost mostly gone.

Yes, we are aware that it sort of looks like a Kerbal in a metal hockey mask.

Includes support/configuration for USI Life Support, USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS), and Connected Living Space

FxRUWvJWjD3RIqP9DWDWIcGhuuoe9aFrFp2FlnRHdPq0DAd6h9AtsjkwkzdBnq3rKfwHna8ZbgBjaYV_muJIUQqz09j-lKlKPbJ5AN7gL73EEt2y8Yx8k1ctjvl3agMk4zxopkzX

7WyRhZHBRkAZ6awlcga86vx5n4b1U_S6XOvrz1KzK9Hgbkh_o1NDGbkIYxierAb6e-DXL_cHBtoSWBRSEWNbZxhEf2Ej5QtwqnlHshQOuqjKrAcnRSNUIi1nsd2EOSzwN2_vKxGc

cNXyZXNAQYmgPVadCffWjm8p8_ehmibiDwyqkRA51z1i4tdz5C6gegETRulNfJ6rvBFp9WQDTCS4MJQi4W_Ld7b91ZAqFuM6vqfTH4ji8LAlYeqpdPqSjvWy8a1EKNHFK69FsuC6

LvXCdttGNjOtxXWJC9vtQJZjjaDPC9Yk6ZoqqJJMvgyBvjz_Ju_-zeYJOs0VzlD7bn6xSITC_zWQ9HbbQdaSxXSzHC3n4wvOsSTWC1-221X1_7Je5kCKkhRT8ceWsvSTxugn1h0P

Exterior by udk_lethal_d0se, as well as internal wall texture

IVA design by Tokamak

Uses some small assets in accordance with their respective licenses. See asset credits

Also included:

One genuine Porkworks low-profile base mount!

qgRzKEeLUgn9OaKCeta3gyjd6X6erypbX_Ll3PmQZxBM6hkz27ZaLlJst6rr8FhznK4785NWg0ikZUPSZvgkAJ8ZlIbiRr61lZzaWaQ2mJVJg6BF-mFobW6q-Q4NgGimVIgxDDpq

Gy3CL2o_8y8pRQgByJs91cgcfhYPDIVhQtBJCmhdBrMKogHgx3umckYuvEVANrvDKVgjaW7Kkzp8WkB8yony2LaRQ_MFQLhiu4JR1C_dZpZpkXJVH-ji9ab3je139YwhZDZQHne1

Entirely by Porkjet

Included for completeness

KADEPT Folding Heat Shields

The Kanvas And Duct-tape Entry Protection Thing (KADEPT) designed by DennyTX Ltd is a very light folding heat shield made of high-tech Mystery Goo impregnated fabric, and not just an unusually bulky umbrella. In either case, the KADEPT's ability to unfold allows you to produce a lot of drag for your aerobraking needs in a surprisingly light package. It is however considerably weaker than a conventional shield, so not recommended for high velocities in thick atmospheres, or indeed for any other use. This version is Available in .625m, 1.5m, and 2.5m, each of which unfolds to the next size up.

6bARPOe2DYjpzqCwZs6D9rIFtczvHK-nF4EZ8AIpAngvAk7YMoRA2_a8-kbCXtVRPxlaJqWDnREL4Hjg3aRfAw-BTWKclEU1kC-acTIQyPcHfu-SPGep9QWYJZvFgX72zWpeTg6q

nNZ-57T6Yra-wLYWNFnUZDyW6zzVYf3rp4vs9VhR2cC0c08XduLUjJkzIoUaRvbGuQKhWBYIFpZ_DKbBSScIk2orPBXg1IO25kWkFMJRYa0xgidXEiS_nPmFNpD5m_Pn81GWDLKu

Model, texture, and animations by DennyTX for KSP 0.25

Updated to ModuleAnimateGeneric for KSP 1.1.3, and KSP 1.x thermal and aero systems by Tokamak

Edited by Tokamak

This looks like a splendid addition to KSP and I particularly like the dart board! Zero G darts would be a blast and, while NASA/ESA would certainly mandate those blunt nosed "kiddie" darts, I'd like to think KSA would allow the real pointy ones. 

"Uhh, Jeb... you may want to double check your EVA suit integrity. Valentina's aim was a bit off last night."

Thanks for your great effort!

7 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Awesome!  LoI king forward to the centrifuge and other products you are bringin back.  Thanks for your work.

Peace.

Thanks! That centrifuge, though. It makes KSP completely freak out and fail. I may not be able to recover that one. Though @Starwaster was working on trying to figure out what was going on with it, who I spoke with a while ago. I should check up to see how that is going.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Grats on release! IVAs are looking good.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, MachTurtle said:

This looks like a splendid addition to KSP and I particularly like the dart board! Zero G darts would be a blast and, while NASA/ESA would certainly mandate those blunt nosed "kiddie" darts, I'd like to think KSA would allow the real pointy ones. 

"Uhh, Jeb... you may want to double check your EVA suit integrity. Valentina's aim was a bit off last night."

Thanks for your great effort!

The dart board is great... and totally not mine. The P550 is the one that was completely finished by @Porkjet, IVA and all, when he made the original pack. Note that there are duct tape patches around the dart board too. XD

30 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

@Tokamak the centrifuge seems to have a degenerate polygon. Nothing I can do to fix it in current KSP. It has to happen at the source :(

Interesting. I can open it in blender and blender doesn't throw any errors. There are some cleanup tools that are meant to remove that sort of thing. I'm not 100% sure how to get a model AND it's animation out of blender and into unity, but some research ought to tell me.

I don't suppose you know where in the model structure it is?

Edited by Tokamak

23 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

@Tokamak the centrifuge seems to have a degenerate polygon. Nothing I can do to fix it in current KSP. It has to happen at the source :(

Such a shame!  I'll just have to live with an adjusted Kerbalism ine with a cfg edit for 4 kerbals and the interal pasted on top.  (The kerbalism one doesn't fit in a 2.5m fairing :( ).  Thanks for giving it a go.  Perhaps @Porkjet could find a tiny amount of time to deal with a small polygon issue.  But I'd rather he spent his time making the stock game more awesomer.

Peace.

2 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Such a shame!  I'll just have to live with an adjusted Kerbalism ine with a cfg edit for 4 kerbals and the interal pasted on top.  (The kerbalism one doesn't fit in a 2.5m fairing :( ).  Thanks for giving it a go.  Perhaps @Porkjet could find a tiny amount of time to deal with a small polygon issue.  But I'd rather he spent his time making the stock game more awesomer.

Peace.

Oh, that reminds me that I should also look into adding Kerbalism support

1 hour ago, Tokamak said:

Interesting. I can open it in blender and blender doesn't throw any errors. There are some cleanup tools that are meant to remove that sort of thing. I'm not 100% sure how to get a model AND it's animation out of blender and into unity, but some research ought to tell me.

I don't suppose you know where in the model structure it is?

I don't sorry. It only happens for the rotation animation though so maybe something is being deformed?

4 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

I don't sorry. It only happens for the rotation animation though so maybe something is being deformed?

Possibly. Though on my system, even loading the part in flight mode makes the physics completely freak out.

By the way, I love the dart board in the Inflato Habitat PA550.  I'm glad you kept that.  Hilarious and very Kerbal to hang a dart board on the wall of an inflatable crew module.  (complete with duct tape patches from darts that missed the board.)

You are a brave man for facing up to Blender.

A friend is trying to make objects for another game, and has found that her preferred program has export problems. This game requires a particular file format. If it's produced by Blender, everything is there. After much cursing, some of it in iambic pentameters, she found that the smoothing groups could be exported as part of a different file format, imported by Blender, and then exported in the desired file format.

I am not sure just what a "degenerate polygon" is, but one of the problems I found with animations for Poser was if a polygon in Part A was being animated as a component of Part B. It wasn't a problem for an organic object, or for clothes rigged to match the underlying human, because body parts don't do continuous rotation. But something like a vehicle wheel needed extra care. It's not like an elbow, which has a limited range of movement, and where Part A and Part B influence each other, so that skin stretches and wrinkles form. Get the same sort of influence on something like a wheel and a polygon could be distorted beyond all recognition.

I am just guessing...

Tokamak, awesome job! :D

You have to look at Goodspeed Aerospace parts, this mod is incredible and is also under the CC license. It hasn't been updated since v0.23.5. The parts are so handy and very different to anything else out there.

3 minutes ago, W1ntermute said:

Tokamak, awesome job! :D

You have to look at Goodspeed Aerospace parts, this mod is incredible and is also under the CC license. It hasn't been updated since v0.23.5. The parts are so handy and very different to anything else out there.

They are actually already on my list. :) But I do welcome people suggesting things!

I love that someone has taken up the mantle to refurbish many of the old mods! You, sir, deserve some rep!

Edit: It would seem I have forgotten how to find such button... Has the rep system been disabled?

Edited by metl

34 minutes ago, metl said:

I love that someone has taken up the mantle to refurbish many of the old mods! You, sir, deserve some rep!

Edit: It would seem I have forgotten how to find such button... Has the rep system been disabled?

It's the 'Like This' button at the lower right of a post.