[1.1.3] Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts v0.1.2 (Featuring Porkjet's hab pack)

Tokamak

8 hours ago, minepagan said:

@Tokamakany chance you can upload this to Spacedock? I feel like you'd get a  lot of much deserved attention, and (I've heard) it is more, erm, streanlined than using Github.

I hadn't even thought of that. Since I do my actual finding of mods on the forums, I wasn't thinking in terms of other people starting at spacedock. I'll look into that for the next release :)

17 hours ago, Tokamak said:

I hadn't even thought of that. Since I do my actual finding of mods on the forums, I wasn't thinking in terms of other people starting at spacedock. I'll look into that for the next release :)

Yeah it's especially because it has a 'new' mods section, which is featured on its front page, so anyone going there would see it

I try not to make suggestions to modders but in this case I would love, LOVE to have PorkJet's spherical module that was also found in HabitatPack. It was like the the Tantares Soyuz Orbital Module but larger.
arAIOMC.jpg

I wonder if it would be as easy as just coping the files from the old HabitatPack folder. . . . . I will need to try that myself.

Edited by CaptKordite

3 hours ago, CaptKordite said:

I try not to make suggestions to modders but in this case I would love, LOVE to have PorkJet's spherical module that was also found in HabitatPack. It was like the the Tantares Soyuz Orbital Module but larger.
arAIOMC.jpg

I wonder if it would be as easy as just coping the files from the old HabitatPack folder. . . . . I will need to try that myself.

Oh, sure. That's easy. The part works, so you can copy it yourself, but I'll toss that into the next release as well. The whole point of this is you not having to do stuff like that :)

This hab pack is a classic, absolutely awesome to see it revived.  Wonderful work mr tokamak!  Just a quick question, i would love to see tac lifesupport with this, so its just a matter of the appropriate configs added, yes? If so I might play around and see if i can get it working with tac.

18 minutes ago, Maars said:

This hab pack is a classic, absolutely awesome to see it revived.  Wonderful work mr tokamak!  Just a quick question, i would love to see tac lifesupport with this, so its just a matter of the appropriate configs added, yes? If so I might play around and see if i can get it working with tac.

Thanks!

Yup, that's all it is. I'm planning TAC support in the next release, which will HOPEFULLY be this week. But one of the great things about KSP is you can mod your own install by editing config files. :)

On 9/5/2016 at 5:47 PM, Tokamak said:

As far as the credit/continuation issue, I certainly understand what you are saying. If it wasn't clear enough, I'd be open to the idea of making it more clear, but I had kind of thought that I was beating that into the ground. I don't suppose you have any thoughts on how to phrase it better?

Of course, I'm not just using a name like "porkjet habpack reloaded" because the point of the project is to package together multiple "refurbished" mods, along with some new parts that fit the theme. But short of that, I'm open to suggestions.

You probably couldn't have found this SOONER though, because it's only been out for a week or two :P

@Tokamak First, sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I meant to clarify what I was trying to say earlier after thinking about it for a bit. I see that you have added the Porkjet bit to the title of the post, which is cool. Again, to reiterate, while you may have used Porkjet and other's work as your starting point, this is basically 'yours' now that you've added the improvements. Plus you had his blessing.

I think what I had envisioned was, one of those collapsible text boxes, hidden comments or whatever, that listed the parts from Porkjets that were included, parts that were not (for whatever reason) and parts that you have improved where applicable. I think you are missing the inflatable ring habitat, whatever that was called. I'm pretty sure Porkjet had issues with it in 1.1 if I recall, so I imagine that's why you left it out.

Also, you may already have plans for it in your upcoming update and I believe others have mentioned it, but the last time I checked, the heat shields had tech tree integration, but the station parts did not. I'm not sure if it's relevant to all of your parts, but it may be worth looking into Community Tech Tree integration as well. I'm sure if people are looking at your mod for station expansion, they probably use CTT as well.

Cheers,

38 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Maybe there's just a problem with my install, but do the KADEPT expandable shields not have shrouds?  If not, I would totally love to see these get shrouds..

Unfortunately they don't, and for technical reasons, without having the original source files, it would be a huge pain to add them. Sorry. I'd recommend using the stock fairings, or Procedural Fairings.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome Mod @Tokamak Great job on resurrecting these cool mods.

Hey I installed the latest version of the mod with USI tools and I don't know where to find all the parts, particularly the habitat parts which should be in the Utilities tab, but all i find is the low profile legs. What am i doing wrong?

2 hours ago, Titan 3000 said:

Awesome Mod @Tokamak Great job on resurrecting these cool mods.

Hey I installed the latest version of the mod with USI tools and I don't know where to find all the parts, particularly the habitat parts which should be in the Utilities tab, but all i find is the low profile legs. What am i doing wrong?

Have you researched the required tech node, Advanced Construction? Do they show up listed under that node in the tech tree?

They should be in Utilities, or Misc, depending on your setup. I currently have Filter Extensions installed in my test environment, so I'd need to disable that and double check where the parts are without FE.

You can also check under the manufacturer "Tokamak Industries".

5 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

Have you researched the required tech node, Advanced Construction? Do they show up listed under that node in the tech tree?

They should be in Utilities, or Misc, depending on your setup. I currently have Filter Extensions installed in my test environment, so I'd need to disable that and double check where the parts are without FE.

You can also check under the manufacturer "Tokamak Industries".

I am playing in sandbox mode so all the parts should be there. I haven't searched the manufacturer and in fact the landing legs don't have a manufacturer of "Tokamak Industries." I really don't know what I did wrong.

Just now, Titan 3000 said:

I am playing in sandbox mode so all the parts should be there. I haven't searched the manufacturer and in fact the landing legs don't have a manufacturer of "Tokamak Industries." I really don't know what I did wrong.

Can I see your KSP log file?

1 minute ago, corbett said:

i installed the mod on ksp 1.1.3, I have usi tools (installed via ckan) and for some reason, none of the parts show in the vab. I am on sandbox mode, so it is not like I havent unlocked them. please help.;.;

I'd need to see your log file in order to help.

1 minute ago, corbett said:

where is that?

On 10/4/2016 at 5:10 PM, Tokamak said:

It should be in your KSP game directory under KSP_Data, or KSP_x64_Data if you are running the 64 bit version. You can drop it on dropbox or pastebin or something similar.