[1.1.3] Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts v0.1.2 (Featuring Porkjet's hab pack)

Tokamak

23 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

@corbett The log file is too big to fit into a forum post. Only the first little bit makes it into the post. You need to upload it to dropbox or pastebin or some other file sharing site.

how to do that

Edited by corbett

20 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

@corbett The log file is too big to fit into a forum post. Only the first little bit makes it into the post. You need to upload it to dropbox or pastebin or some other file sharing site.

how to do that

6 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

@corbett , I am sorry but I had to delete your log post because it was so long that it was causing page loading errors. Please upload the log on a file hosting site and only use the link to that site on our forum. 

no problem

Thank you so much for reupdating Porkjet's Hab pack. I really like having a centrifuge part for quasi-realism. As for TAC:LS support, I'm not really sure anything should be done for Porkjet's inflatable stuff; while regular habitat modules can be assumed to carry some amount of food/water/oxygen by default, the inflatables are probably just "inflatable living space".

If you want some generic default values, TAC LS has an "MM_AddResources.cfg" config which gives anything with a ModuleCommand module 1.097 food, 0.725 water, 111.038 oxygen, and storage for 95.913 CO2, 0.1 waste, and 0.924 wastewater per Kerbal capacity.

Another thanks to Porkjet, DennyTX, and udk_lethal_d0se for creating these wonderful mods in the first place, and allowing Tokamak to re-release them.

On 9/24/2016 at 2:47 PM, Tokamak said:

Unfortunately they don't, and for technical reasons, without having the original source files, it would be a huge pain to add them. Sorry. I'd recommend using the stock fairings, or Procedural Fairings.

If you model such a shroud independently of the original part, it can then be added in the part's config file by putting all meshes into a MODEL node. (such a node may or may not already exist)

3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

If you model such a shroud independently of the original part, it can then be added in the part's config file by putting all meshes into a MODEL node. (such a node may or may not already exist)

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks!

Just now, Starwaster said:

@Tokamak btw, not sure if you're aware but the adept shield has serious drag cube issues because its normals are screwed up. If you're serious about doing anything with it then it needs custom normals crafted for it. 

It does? I didn't think to look for that, because I did a bunch of testing in-game and I didn't have any issues. Can you be more specific so I know what to look for?

Just now, Starwaster said:

Drag cube area is too small for both animated states and its cD is probably off too

Hrm. I actually do not know much about how KSP gets drag cubes, but I'll have to learn. I've learned a lot about animation and modelling since I touched those parts, so hopefully I can deal with that. I'm not familiar with the term cD, though.

39 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

Hrm. I actually do not know much about how KSP gets drag cubes, but I'll have to learn. I've learned a lot about animation and modelling since I touched those parts, so hopefully I can deal with that. I'm not familiar with the term cD, though.

Drag coefficient. 

You don't really have to do anything with the model just override the drag cubes with custom versions. 

42 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Drag coefficient. 

You don't really have to do anything with the model just override the drag cubes with custom versions. 

I see. Thanks for the pointer. I will hit up google for details on how to, but now I know the thing to search for. :)

Both @corbett and @Titan 3000 have the same errors in their logs.

PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'TokamakIndustries/parts/inflato1/model' as model does not exist

This means that the part files are missing or corrupted. Try downloading and reinstalling the mod pack. https://github.com/maekern/Tokamak-Refurbished-Parts/releases

Hey @Tokamak, is there a chance that the corruption happened at copying or extracting the files? and what file name should I put in my KSP gamedata folder? the one with the mod name, the one inside that called gamedata itself or tokamak industries folder? Which one would work the best?

1 minute ago, Titan 3000 said:

Hey @Tokamak, is there a chance that the corruption happened at copying or extracting the files? and what file name should I put in my KSP gamedata folder? the one with the mod name, the one inside that called gamedata itself or tokamak industries folder? Which one would work the best?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. The "one with the mod name" is the TokamakIndustries folder.

You should have a folder named GameData in your KSP folder. In that folder should be folders like Squad, UmbraSpaceIndustries, and TokamakIndustries.

The TokamakIndustries folder should contain folders named agencies, assets, parts, and spaces. Like this:

directorylocation_by_maekern-dakb082.png

The files I listed were nested the way I wrote them with TokamakRefurbishedParts-0.1.3 being the folder from the zip file with GameData inside of it and Tokamakindusties as the one inside of GameData. Tokamakindustries was the one with all of the other files in there. It seems from your pic that the one I want to move into KSP gamedata folder is the Tokamakindustries folder.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Titan 3000 said:

The files I listed were nested the way I wrote them with TokamakRefurbishedParts-0.1.3 being the folder from the zip file with GameData inside of it and Tokamakindusties as the one inside of GameData. Tokamakindustries was the one with all of the other files in there. It seems from your pic that the one I want to move into KSP gamedata folder is the Tokamakindustries folder.

Thanks

Ah, yes. That would make it not work. For future reference, if you ever see a GameData folder in any mod zip, that means that what is in that GameData needs to go directly into your KSP's GameDada folder.

9 hours ago, Tokamak said:

Ah, yes. That would make it not work. For future reference, if you ever see a GameData folder in any mod zip, that means that what is in that GameData needs to go directly into your KSP's GameDada folder.

Thank you so very much

edit: It works now, Thanks

Edited by Titan 3000

Dude, you're doing some amazing work here! Keep it going, we can never have enough mods. Could you maybe split up the packs? I'm not really interested in the heat shields or the wet workshop. Another orphaned mod that I recommend you to take a look at would be Porkjets Atomic Age mod, I don't think it'll be too difficult to get it running again, though the nuclear Lightbulb might need a rebalance.

Ps. Moar Overwatch easter eggz plz

In case you read this before the dev thread,

Can I make a request? Is it possible to make the "Lights On" and "Inflate" two separate animations? I've been trying to separate the two for ages without success, and I was hoping you could. :)

I whipped together a life support MM config for Snacks!

@PART[TIinflato1]:NEEDS[Snacks]:AFTER[Snacks]
{
    !RESOURCE[Snacks]{}
    RESOURCE
    {  
        name = Snacks  
        amount = 500  
        maxAmount = 500
    }
}

@PART[TIinflato2]:NEEDS[Snacks]:AFTER[Snacks]
{
    !RESOURCE[Snacks]{}
    RESOURCE
    {  
        name = Snacks  
        amount = 380  
        maxAmount = 380
    }
}

@PART[TIinflatoFlat]:NEEDS[Snacks]:AFTER[Snacks]
{   
    !RESOURCE[Snacks]{}
    RESOURCE
    {  
        name = Snacks  
        amount = 50  
        maxAmount = 50
    }
}

The numbers are entirely made up and probably need adjusting.

4 minutes ago, BigFatStupidHead said:

I whipped together a life support MM config for Snacks!

@PART[TIinflato1]:NEEDS[Snacks]:AFTER[Snacks]
{
    !RESOURCE[Snacks]{}
    RESOURCE
    {  
        name = Snacks  
        amount = 500  
        maxAmount = 500
    }
}

@PART[TIinflato2]:NEEDS[Snacks]:AFTER[Snacks]
{
    !RESOURCE[Snacks]{}
    RESOURCE
    {  
        name = Snacks  
        amount = 380  
        maxAmount = 380
    }
}

@PART[TIinflatoFlat]:NEEDS[Snacks]:AFTER[Snacks]
{   
    !RESOURCE[Snacks]{}
    RESOURCE
    {  
        name = Snacks  
        amount = 50  
        maxAmount = 50
    }
}

The numbers are entirely made up and probably need adjusting.

How would you feel about me tossing that into the next release, so I don't have one more thing to research and fiddle with? :)