[1.12.x] Vessel Viewer Continued

linuxgurugamer

Hi @linuxgurugamer

it seems I found incompatibility between VVC  and the new version of scatterer (0.06).

with the previous version of the scatterter, the raster prop monitor displayed an vessel image, but with the new one there is none (blackscreen)

i dont know why, but it is scatterer (i run game 5 times, install old and new scatterer)

--------

also i post pics here - scatterer page 

EDIT: fixed in scatterer last version of .dll

Edited by *MajorTom*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, One eyed Smile said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer

Is there any way to change the default latency setting in this mod? Everytime I turn vessel viewer on my game drop to 10fps from 50fps and start stuttering. It Runs better when i change the latency mod to obscene or high. And its frustrating to change the latency everytime i play.

Not at the present time, sorry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've got some issues with this mod.

Problem: I use DE_IVA (With RasterPropMonitor of course), and it worked fine for a while, but then for some mysterious reason it stopped working, as in when I selected the monitor mode of VV on DE_IVA, it was blank. Everything else worked, but the VV monitor mode was black apart from the side controls, which didn't change anything. I reinstalled VV, and then everything in DE_IVA was blank - the buttons were blank and unresponsive, lights were dark, monitors were black, etc.  

My troubleshooting steps and results:

1. I first tried to remove the merged files from VV in the JSI folder. DE_IVA worked, but when I selected VV mode, it said VV was not installed.

2. I tried to systematically add and remove files based on whether it worked or not. I found out that the "license.md" file was causing trouble. When I removed it and then selected VV, nothing happened, but the monitor I selected it on would become unresponsive, unless I quicksaved and quickloaded. 

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

9 hours ago, Kev1n8088 said:

Problem: I use DE_IVA (With RasterPropMonitor of course), and it worked fine for a while, but then for some mysterious reason it stopped working, as in when I selected the monitor mode of VV on DE_IVA, it was blank. Everything else worked, but the VV monitor mode was black apart from the side controls, which didn't change anything. I reinstalled VV, and then everything in DE_IVA was blank - the buttons were blank and unresponsive, lights were dark, monitors were black, etc.  

1. I first tried to remove the merged files from VV in the JSI folder. DE_IVA worked, but when I selected VV mode, it said VV was not installed.

2. I tried to systematically add and remove files based on whether it worked or not. I found out that the "license.md" file was causing trouble. When I removed it and then selected VV, nothing happened, but the monitor I selected it on would become unresponsive, unless I quicksaved and quickloaded. 

I'm having almost the same problem. Everything is fully installed and in the RPM shows that vessel viewer is not installed. Someone with the same problem?

On 6/10/2020 at 4:14 AM, Kev1n8088 said:

On 6/10/2020 at 1:31 PM, skzbr said:

I'm having almost the same problem. Everything is fully installed and in the RPM shows that vessel viewer is not installed. Someone with the same problem?

For both of you, no log file, no support.  See my signature for more info

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@linuxgurugamer Don`t worry, already solved. The problem was the toolbar addon not properly installed. And by the way, thanks for your huge efforts on KSP Comunity.

On 6/14/2020 at 11:26 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Solved it! Seems like some stuff was not installed correctly (I put a gamedata folder into the gamedata folder LOL)

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you two fixed your issues but mines still not working.

Same sort of issue where I click the VesselVIew button during IVA, I get a black screen and that monitor is effectively frozen until I reload.

Player.log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JrhNmA9iNA78A14VhP-feGRw_4x6mxtx/view?usp=sharing

On a side note, the main post for the topic advertises RPM-only version but there was none on GitHub.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 8:53 AM, DefenderX1 said:

Glad you two fixed your issues but mines still not working.

Same sort of issue where I click the VesselVIew button during IVA, I get a black screen and that monitor is effectively frozen until I reload.

Player.log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JrhNmA9iNA78A14VhP-feGRw_4x6mxtx/view?usp=sharing

On a side note, the main post for the topic advertises RPM-only version but there was none on GitHub.

Had this problem too, I fixed it by installing the subfolder JSI/RPMBundles despite the fact that the .assetbundle files are already withing JSI/RasterPropMonitor. Problem occurs because VesselViewer doesn't know where to access the files bc it is looking for JSI/RPMBundles folder. Don't know if that'll fix it for you but your bug sounds like mine and this fixed it for me.

15 minutes ago, Iodyne said:

Had this problem too, I fixed it by installing the subfolder JSI/RPMBundles despite the fact that the .assetbundle files are already withing JSI/RasterPropMonitor. Problem occurs because VesselViewer doesn't know where to access the files bc it is looking for JSI/RPMBundles folder. Don't know if that'll fix it for you but your bug sounds like mine and this fixed it for me.

yeah.. you *have* to ovwerwrite any existing JSI folder in GameData, with the one included with VessleViewer... it contains JSI Part Utilites... basically a seperate mod from the RasterProp included in *its*JSI* folder...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems to be working in 1.11.1 with RPM. Only thing I've run into that is a hinderance is if I interact with a part via the Custom Display Modes > Part Selector, everything works fine, but for some reason the next time I open the menu it will have an additional entry for the "Part Selector" menu. No idea why. It will be there for all future uses of VV, even in other craft.

Also, it would be really convenient if somehow it remembered what orientation you had the VV in so you don't have to reset it after every EVA.

Edited by Wookyskill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.