[1.12.x] Vessel Viewer Continued

linuxgurugamer

30 minutes ago, LF_Ion said:

Does anyone else have an issue where the Computer Screens in IVAs just turn off completely? Everything's installed correctly but RPM screens just go black.

Nevermind. I'm an idiot, I installed it wrong lmao. Thanks for your work on this amazing mod. 

Edited by LF_Ion

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, planeticegaming said:

i have downloaded it and it just makes me go to part upgrades on the loading screen (im playing on 1.12.2)

i have done everything for instalation but it just says part upgrades on the loading screen and never moves

pls help

No logs, no help.

But it sounds like you didn't install the dependencies.  Best to use CKAN to do the install.  Any other help needed, logs first

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2021 at 12:16 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

If it's a waterfall compatibility issue, it's not going to be fixed by myself.  Maybe someone else can take a look

KOS had a similar problem where it was including the waterfall mesh in the vessel bounds calculation: https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/issues/2942

I've noticed that VV also does something crazy when you use the stock large drill part, presumably for a similar reason.  And KOS had problems with the scanner arm from Breaking Ground because it uses an invisible collider mesh - I haven't verified but I bet VV might have the same problem?  EDIT: interestingly, it doesn't.  So I wonder how VV detects and ignores that mesh?

Ship with large drill: https://imgur.com/a/dzkWwEL

All of these are things that would need to be fixed in VV.  I might take a look..

Edited by JonnyOThan

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this isn't the proper place to bring up an issue. I noticed that when drawing action menus the strings aren't sanitized so formatting tags are included in the visual text. I noticed this when attempting to use the mod in tandem with Kerbalism which I believe makes these alterations to the tweak menu.  I don't wish to take up your time as the use case is very niche but I figured I should at least bring it to your attention.

qGmaBC9.png

I'm not too sure whether my log would actually help in this matter since from what I can see no exceptions or errors are actually occurring.

Thankyou for the work you have done on this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 5:00 PM, Mearor said:

Apologies if this isn't the proper place to bring up an issue. I noticed that when drawing action menus the strings aren't sanitized so formatting tags are included in the visual text. I noticed this when attempting to use the mod in tandem with Kerbalism which I believe makes these alterations to the tweak menu.  I don't wish to take up your time as the use case is very niche but I figured I should at least bring it to your attention.

Anything that Kerbalism does, requires that you contact the Kerbalism authors, per their own statements.

5 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Just put up a PR with a handful of fixes.  I'd like to take a swing at the HTML stuff from kerbalism too.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/VesselViewer/pull/18

Thanks

Feel free, but not something I'm concerned about.  It's more a Kerbalism issue

New release, 0.8.8.5

• Thanks to user  @JonnyOThanfor these:
    • fix waterfall meshes rendering in MFDs (ignore TransparentFX layer)
    • fix large radial drill not rendering correctly (BakeMesh doesn't handle scale properly)
    • fix rendering skinned meshes in both default + animated pose
    • removed some extra list copying

29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's more a Kerbalism issue

Im not so sure about that - the unity text control respects (some) HTML markup, which is why Kerbalism uses those tags.  VesselViewer’s part picker is like an alternate view on the PAW, and showing the raw text with formatting markup isn’t a great experience. There certainly could be other mods that do the same thing.

I think it would be reasonable to have VesselViewer either remove the markup, or try to turn it into the formatting markup that RPM understands (I need to check if RPM would respect that markup in this context).

Thanks for the merge and release!  Happy holidays!

woot!  I decided to use half-width for <b> since those are usually the name of the part and have longer strings.  Still serves to visually separate them pretty well.
OaC01Bj.png

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/VesselViewer/pull/20

I also fixed the issue where the part selector/disco mode menus would be duplicated for each time the flight scene was entered:
https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/VesselViewer/pull/19

Hi, this looks cool. I downloaded via CKAN for KSP 1.12.2 but I'm not sure how to use it. My IVAs don't look any different and I don't see a button to press to toggle these vessel viewer displays. Are you supposed to click something to access the vessel viewer displays? Am I missing something basic about how to use the mod? I have toolbar controller and click through blocker installed.Thank you

EDIT: Thanks for the reply JonnyOThan, I solved my problem. I hadn't installed VesselView-UI-Toolbar. As I remember it (will verify later), when installing via CKAN I was prompted to choose between VesselView-UI-Toolbar and VesselView-UI-RasterPropMonitor, as if I should only install one or the other. Not knowing any better, or what these things were, I just installed the VesselView-UI-RasterPropMonitor and not the UI-Toolbar. Now that I have both installed, along with Vessel Viewer Continued, Raster Prop Monitor, Raster Prop Monitor Core, and the hard dependencies, I can successfully open Vessel Viewer from the Toolbar and also access it on IVA screens in pods that have a RPM screen. :) This is a very cool mod! Thanks LinuxGamerGuru for your work.

Edited by Joontry

1 hour ago, Joontry said:

Hi, this looks cool. I downloaded via CKAN for KSP 1.12.2 but I'm not sure how to use it. My IVAs don't look any different and I don't see a button to press to toggle these vessel viewer displays. Are you supposed to click something to access the vessel viewer displays? Am I missing something basic about how to use the mod? I have toolbar controller and click through blocker installed.Thank you

You need RasterPropMonitor for the IVA stuff.  But VesselViewer on its own should also have a button in the toolbar where you can see the wireframe view of your rocket.   If you want more help you'd better post your ksp.log file so we can make sure stuff is installed properly.

Edited by JonnyOThan

5 minutes ago, DY_ZBX said:

@linuxgurugamer 

Hello, author. I ran into a new problem with version 1.12.3.

1)When I used the RasterPropMonitor here, THE IVA had a display screen, but Vessel Viewer couldn't open.
2)But when I use the RasterPropMonitor in the latest version of Vessel Viewer Continued here, Vessel Viewer is normal, but there is no screen display in IVA.

KSP.log

First, please get me the Player.log

Second, you are a bit confusing.  Your comments seem to contradict each other, can you please be more specific, images would help

Also, how did you install it?

iO0C8qO.png

(1)I used "JSI" from the image above.IVA can be displayed normally.On the launch screen, Vessel Viewer does not respond after being clicked.

(2)IVA doesn't work when I don't use "JSI" as shown above. Vessel Viewer works when clicked.

It is normal that all dependencies are installed.

link:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1R60ep8jIn37auhI6eFImMA 
password:amjt

@linuxgurugamer

Edited by DY_ZBX

@DY_ZBX if you scroll back through this thread, there are many people with similar issues because they didn't install JSIPartUtilities, which is a dependency of VessselViewer but is not included in RasterPropMonitor.  Your video doesn't drill into the JSI folder so we can't tell for sure.  You need to post your ksp.log file for us to help further.

6 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

@DY_ZBX if you scroll back through this thread, there are many people with similar issues because they didn't install JSIPartUtilities, which is a dependency of VessselViewer but is not included in RasterPropMonitor.  Your video doesn't drill into the JSI folder so we can't tell for sure.  You need to post your ksp.log file for us to help further.

@JonnyOThan Thank you, it is indeed this problem, I have already made them work normally.

15 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

And that's my mistake, it isn't in the OP as a dependency.  I'll get that fixed

It was, however, already in CKAN

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And that's my mistake, it isn't in the OP as a dependency.  I'll get that fixed

It was, however, already in CKAN

IIRC it's actually inside the VV release zip file, but people get thrown off that both RPM and JSIPartUtilities end up in the same folder so they skip copying one or the other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer,

While diagnosing some issues (serious, numerous, frustrating issues) with my modlist with @JonnyOThanon the /r/KSP discord, we came across this in my logs. 

106989 [EXC 14:55:44.928] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'VesselViewPlugin, Version=0.8.8.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

I'm not really sure if it's an issue or expected behavior, since I've never actually had a problem with Vessel Viewer that I know of.   I was able to reproduce the error with a clean KSP install with nothing but Vessel Viewer, VesselView-UI-RasterPropMonitor and the CKAN auto-grabbed dependencies.  Jonny said on the discord to report it if I could reproduce it without all the other stuff installed since failing to load assemblies is usually "real bad", so here I am.

Here's a link to the KSP.log from the clean install.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.