[1.12.x] Vessel Viewer Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

RPM (v.0.30.5) and RPM version which comes with your latest mod version (0.8.7) says that vessel viewer is not installed. But it almost works fine (if i'm choosing part in RPM monitor and want to see actions i can make they are invisible) with vessel viewer RPM only 0.8.6.1. Game version 1.4.5

Edited by Jumpetrick

• 4 weeks later...

Odd, I'm experiencing the same problem as others.

I'm trying to get vessel viewer to work on KSP 1.4.5

Have downloaded v0.87 of VV

Am using RPM verson v.0.30.5.22792

Module Manager version 3.0.7

It just won't run, RPM runs fine, but VV doesn't.

I'm on KSP 1.4.5 Win10. Screenshot below shows the exact version and build number - in-game version stamp near the lower left corner at the bottom.

The installed mods are Vessel_Viewer_Continued-0.8.7.zip (JSI-RPM is included) , ToolbarControl-0.1.6.14.zip (do not confuse this with 000_Toolbar), Click_Through_Blocker-0.1.6.7.zip, and ModuleManager-3.0.7.zip.

hiY2sJH.png

Edited by bcqJC
fixed typos

On 9/6/2018 at 7:23 PM, bcqJC said:

I had the same issue before. Fixed it by re-reading the dependencies. Installed  Click Through Blocker and ToolbarController as specified. It's working for me now.

Same, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

Hey, I've got glitches:

The wire model is the same as the full mesh model, I have 5 buttons labeled DISCO MODE and in the RasterPropMonitor Monitors I also have 5 menu entries for both disco and part selector 'custom modes'.

(Click Through Blocker and ToolbarController are installed and up-to-date)
Player.log file link

Afraid I can't help here.  I don't use RPM, and apparently that is what you are trying to use.  Maybe someone else can help out, I don't even know how to use the RPM mode

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

... don't use RPM,...

These problems occur in the toolbar vessel viewer, and look more like some sort of module manager screw-up with multiple repeats of a simple function.

I will try things without RPM active, but I hope you will have a moment to view the log. I get a lot of addon acton; vessel viewer.

I tried Vessel Viewer Continued 0.8.7 (VVC) without RasterPropMonitor (RPM), and want to report 3 bugs:

- VVC 0.8.9 does not work without RPM being installed. Altough the release of VVC 0.8.9 comes bundled with RPM v0.30.0, it is a dependency and cannot be tested without it (btw RPM v0.30.5 is out)

- On launching a new vessel, for every kerbal in a pod that has access to an RPM monitor, VVC will add an additional DISCO MODE entry to it's toolbar config window (so a ship with a MkI and a lander-can with a kerbal each, will have 2 buttons marked DISCO MODE). This problem is replicated in the RPM monitors, with DISCO MODE and the parts list.

- In any VVC viewer, the 'wire' view mode does not display the wire-frame of the craft, but the mesh-model of the craft. This will completely obscure the mesh-model if wire-mode is set to any mode other than 'Hide'

KSP version: 1.4.5 linux 64 bit
Log-file

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper
added .log

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2018 at 1:30 PM, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

I tried Vessel Viewer Continued 0.8.7 (VVC) without RasterPropMonitor (RPM), and want to report 3 bugs:

- VVC 0.8.9 does not work without RPM being installed. Altough the release of VVC 0.8.9 comes bundled with RPM v0.30.0, it is a dependency and cannot be tested without it (btw RPM v0.30.5 is out)

- On launching a new vessel, for every kerbal in a pod that has access to an RPM monitor, VVC will add an additional DISCO MODE entry to it's toolbar config window (so a ship with a MkI and a lander-can with a kerbal each, will have 2 buttons marked DISCO MODE). This problem is replicated in the RPM monitors, with DISCO MODE and the parts list.

- In any VVC viewer, the 'wire' view mode does not display the wire-frame of the craft, but the mesh-model of the craft. This will completely obscure the mesh-model if wire-mode is set to any mode other than 'Hide'

Log-file

I am having the last 2 problems as well, also on linux.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/1/2018 at 12:30 PM, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

Log-file

I’m having this problem as well, and I haven’t seen any solution for it.

• 3 months later...

New release, 0.8.8

• Updated for KSP 1.8
  • Added InstallChecker
  • Updated all AssemblyVersion.tt files

Note that due to RPM not being updated for 1.8, the following functionality is not available:

• VesselView RPM
  • VesselVew Part Selector
  • VesselView Disco Display

If RPM does get updated for 1.8. I'll revisit this and release an update

Actually, VesselViewRPM and friends don't depend on RPM per se -- they just provide a screen and some text to whoever asks for it, and MOARdV's Avionics Systems can display it the same way that RPM did (pending an updated release with my pull request):

68649684-476a4e00-04f1-11ea-8236-636eedf

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.8.8

• Updated for KSP 1.8
  • Added InstallChecker
  • Updated all AssemblyVersion.tt files

Note that due to RPM not being updated for 1.8, the following functionality is not available:

• VesselView RPM
  • VesselVew Part Selector
  • VesselView Disco Display

If RPM does get updated for 1.8. I'll revisit this and release an update

Hi linuxgurugamer,

Great mod, love it! Listen I see following error when I install Vessel Viewer standalone:

Incorrect Smart Stage installation

Smart Stage has been installed incorrectly and will not function properly. All files should be located in KSP/GameData/SmartStage. do not move any files from inside that folder.

Incorrect path(s):

GameData/VesselView/plugins/vesselView.dll

And the Vessel Viewer is not working in KSP. I have only VesselViewer installed. I try to install next to it also SmartStage but error is still there. Anything I can do / help to get rid of this error.

2 hours ago, elGremlin said:

Hi linuxgurugamer,

Great mod, love it! Listen I see following error when I install Vessel Viewer standalone:

Incorrect Smart Stage installation

Smart Stage has been installed incorrectly and will not function properly. All files should be located in KSP/GameData/SmartStage. do not move any files from inside that folder.

Incorrect path(s):

GameData/VesselView/plugins/vesselView.dll

And the Vessel Viewer is not working in KSP. I have only VesselViewer installed. I try to install next to it also SmartStage but error is still there. Anything I can do / help to get rid of this error.

Nothing you can do to fix it, Ill have too  update it soon.

if its not working at all, then ill need to see a log file.

5 hours ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Actually, VesselViewRPM and friends don't depend on RPM per se -- they just provide a screen and some text to whoever asks for it, and MOARdV's Avionics Systems can display it the same way that RPM did (pending an updated release with my pull request):

68649684-476a4e00-04f1-11ea-8236-636eedf

Sorry, you are wrong.  The modules depend on RPM for various things and wont compile without RPM being installed.  As it was, i had to copy the shader files fromRPM into the JSIPartUtilities mod before I could get it working.

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nothing you can do to fix it, Ill have too  update it soon.

if its not working at all, then ill need to see a log file.

Sorry, you are wrong.  The modules depend on RPM for various things and wont compile without RPM being installed.  As it was, i had to copy the shader files fromRPM into the JSIPartUtilities mod before I could get it working.

More than happy to send you any files. I'm just user, so which log you need ;-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.