[1.12.x] Vessel Viewer Continued

linuxgurugamer

On 12/11/2017 at 6:06 PM, mathuin said:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/VesselViewer/pull/8

I have submitted a pull request for this mod which should create a single plugin which will work with and without Blizzy's toolbar and with and without RPM.  I have tested it myself but I am interested in having others test it as well.

The pull request has a bunch of other changes which update the build process to use `msbuild` as well.

Please let me know either on the PR or here what you think of this version!

I cant accept the PR as given, it does too much with no explanation of the changes..  details in the comments on the PR.

I responded to your comment on the PR with additional details.  Please let me know if you're interested in re-opening the request, and I will be happy to work with you!  Right now, the only thing the mod does that I haven't yet fixed for myself is the repeated DISCO MODE/part selector thing (can't reproduce it now as I'm flying a plane) in the RPM menu for custom modes every time I revert.  Other than that, it works like a charm.  Thank you for your hard work!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I am having difficulties getting Vesselviewer to work in 1.3.1.1891 on Win 10 64 bit. I've downloaded the latest version of Vesselviewer (0.8.6.) and installed all three components (JSI, Vesselview and the toolbar). I temporarily got it to function in conjunction with the latest RPM release (0.29.3), but after I messed with KSP versions a bit because of a rendering bug it failed me and I haven't gotten it to work again.
I've done a clean install of KSP, which proved not to work, tried various versions of RPM and different versions of Vesselviewer. I am not sure where the problem lies, some help in troubleshooting would be appreciated!

On a side note, I also can't get RCS Build Aid to work, and that might be related...

@linuxgurugamer, I know you haven't had the time to respond yet (probably wasn't your priority), but no need to anymore. I've managed to solve the issue myself; I was using an incompatible version of the MM, even though I thought I had it updated to (one of the) newest version(s).

Thanks for keeping all these mods updated btw, your work is much appreciated!

38 minutes ago, Adelaar said:

@linuxgurugamer, I know you haven't had the time to respond yet (probably wasn't your priority), but no need to anymore. I've managed to solve the issue myself; I was using an incompatible version of the MM, even though I thought I had it updated to (one of the) newest version(s).

Thanks for keeping all these mods updated btw, your work is much appreciated!

Thanks for posting the followup, always appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kelonist said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I recently installed vessel viewer but when using it the toolbar for it duplicates every time i switch to map mode or KSC
Am I doing something wrong?
thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I can't say anything without seeing your log file.

You didn't say which version of KSP, which version of the mod, etc.  How can I help without anything other than "it's broken"?

Please post a link and I'd be happy to take a look

31 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can't say anything without seeing your log file.

You didn't say which version of KSP, which version of the mod, etc.  How can I help without anything other than "it's broken"?

Please post a link and I'd be happy to take a look

KSP version: 1.3.1
Vessel viewer version: latest (included file to be sure)
here is a link to the log file (I think it's the log you mean) https://mega.nz/#F!I652wYja!NiXUuJ6sFJ1WfZW-WSjDdQ
tell me if you need anything else

Edited by kelonist

I ❤ this mod! 

I also love lights, which I've stopped putting on my vessels because of the light radius spheres that show up in vessel view. They tend to totally obscure the view of my ship and it ends up looking like a bunch of grapes. :huh:

Is there a way to turn the light radius feature off? 

Thanks for an awesome mod! This and RPM have added so much to the whole Kerbal experience for me. I only recently added them and I can honestly say after 4 years of playing it's like a brand new game again. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Hello, I downloaded the version 0.8.6.1 for my 1.3.1 copy of KSP.  Not entirely sure how to install.  The package came with RPM in the game data directory.  I already have RPM installed what do I do with the pre packaged RPM that came with vessel viewer?

Dont install it, it is packaged that way to make it easy to install if you dont already have it installed

Do you know how to disable vessel viewer from tool bar? It keeps duplicating the icons.

On 1/17/2018 at 4:12 PM, kelonist said:

KSP version: 1.3.1
Vessel viewer version: latest (included file to be sure)
here is a link to the log file (I think it's the log you mean) https://mega.nz/#F!I652wYja!NiXUuJ6sFJ1WfZW-WSjDdQ
tell me if you need anything else

This is the exact thing happens to mine.  I downloaded the RPM only

Edited by HaydenTheKing

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/04/2018 at 1:21 AM, HaydenTheKing said:

Do you know how to disable vessel viewer from tool bar? It keeps duplicating the icons.

This is the exact thing happens to mine.  I downloaded the RPM only

I  can confirm this on both KSP 1.3.1 and 1.4.2.

• 1 month later...

I installed both the standalone version which uses the toolbar mod as well as the RPM version after the RPM version wasn't responding in IVA. The standalone VV works fine as far as I can tell, but the RPM VV just doesn't respond. I'm using Super Hyomoto's version of RPM and under plugins I have ScanSat and MechJeb which both work fine. The third option listed is VV for vesselview, but when I push the button, nothing happens. It doesn't click like the others do and I've yet to make it work. If anyone know's why this might be happening please share your insight. And in case anyone thinks that having both versions installed is somehow causing the issue, I started with only having the RPM version on it's own and it still didn't work so that's definitely not the problem.

Edited by tonimark

On 5/27/2018 at 11:28 AM, tonimark said:

I installed both the standalone version which uses the toolbar mod as well as the RPM version after the RPM version wasn't responding in IVA. The standalone VV works fine as far as I can tell, but the RPM VV just doesn't respond. I'm using Super Hyomoto's version of RPM and under plugins I have ScanSat and MechJeb which both work fine. The third option listed is VV for vesselview, but when I push the button, nothing happens. It doesn't click like the others do and I've yet to make it work. If anyone know's why this might be happening please share your insight. And in case anyone thinks that having both versions installed is somehow causing the issue, I started with only having the RPM version on it's own and it still didn't work so that's definitely not the problem.

That's an RPM problem, make sure you have the latest version of RPM.

Log files are useful, you know

I have used this mod in the past and am a big fan of it, but I have a question before installing the latest version. I noticed when looking through the bundled RPM folder that there are some extra files not included with the original RPM mod. Should I install these as well? Thanks!

On 6/6/2018 at 10:29 PM, Woopert said:

I have used this mod in the past and am a big fan of it, but I have a question before installing the latest version. I noticed when looking through the bundled RPM folder that there are some extra files not included with the original RPM mod. Should I install these as well? Thanks!

If you are installing using CKAN, it will deal with it automatically.  Otherwise, yes, put them all there

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Toranks said:

How can I create a default configuration so I do not have to change it every time I change ship or exit and enter the game?

I read and followed this manual, I put it in the root folder of the vesselviewer plugin, and it does not work:
https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/VesselViewer/wiki/Configuration-files

Well, start off by telling us what you are trying to do, and then provide the config file.

Sorry, English is not my mother tongue. I'm trying that, by default, it looks like I wrote in the file:

@PROP[RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD]{
    @MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]{
        PAGE
        {
            name = pluginVesselView
            button = buttonR4
            PAGEHANDLER
            {
                name = InternalVesselView
                method = ShowMenu
                buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor
                buttonUp = 0
                buttonDown = 1
                buttonEnter = 2
                buttonEsc = 3
                buttonHome = 7
                pageTitle = ------------ Vessel Viewer ------------
                //any additional fields go here
                multiHandler = true
                colorModeFill = 3
                colorModeMesh = 4
                centerSelection = true
            }
            BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = InternalVesselView
                method = RenderViewer
                pageActiveMethod = PageActive
                multiHandler = true
            }
        }
    }
}

I have named him "VVpatch.cfg" and put it on Gamedata/VesselView folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.