[1.12.x] Vessel Viewer Continued

linuxgurugamer

@PeteTimesSix has not been around since November, 2015. 
@RealTimeShepherd had been doing some maintenance and partially updated it to 1.1.3

I (@linuxgurugamer) fixed a problem on 1.1.3 related to the toolbar, and, after chatting with RealTimeSheperd, am taking over maintenance of this mod.

Please note that for now, it's merely a maintenance mode, in which I'll fix bugs and keep it working for the current version of KSP.

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies

New Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

Download full version: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/VesselViewer/releases

Download RPM-only version: Go to the release and download the file VesselView-RPM-****

Download Toolbar-only version: Go to the release and download the file VesselView-toolbar-****

Source Code: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/VesselViewer

License: MIT

Donations gratefully accepted

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

(The following has been copied from the original OP)

Introducing (again) Vessel Viewer Continued!

loop.gif

Ever fly an IVA mission, happened to hear an explosion and wished you knew if it was antenna no. 54 or your main engine that just blew up?

Like to fly without the GUI but also a fan of knowing how much fuel there is in your tanks? Wondering just how hot is Deadly Reentry making those wings? Perhaps you'd like a more visual way of telling whenever your wings are stalling when running Ferram Aerospace?

Ever wished you could activate engines and take science reports without having to go into external view, but too lazy or forgetful to setup action groups?

I've got you covered.

Source code.

License.

Current list of extensions:

DISCO MODE example plugin (included)
Part Selector (included)
Edited by linuxgurugamer

I downloaded & installed this manually; when I loaded a craft, the log file got spammed with NREs:

[EXC 18:54:06.295] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    VesselView.VesselViewPlugin.Update ()

Is there anything else you might need?

3 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

I downloaded & installed this manually; when I loaded a craft, the log file got spammed with NREs:

Is there anything else you might need?

The whole log file.  A description on how you installed it. And the craft files might be useful.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The whole log file.  A description on how you installed it. And the craft files might be useful.

Here's the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4a1lvva6vdsaq1x/VesselView problem KSP.log?dl=0

I downloaded the updated package from Spacedock, extracted the zip & copied the GameData/VesselView folder into my own GameData folder.

Side note: I had just updated RPM via CKAN. After I had posted the issue, I restored my previous version of VV but I still got the NREs. I suspect the issue is not with VV but my CKAN install of RMP - Mea Culpa on reporting the issue; I should have done more due diligence.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

While I don't understand why it was happening, (shouldn't have happened), I suppose a bad RPM install might cause issues.  So I've added a simple check to avoid the errors and uploaded a new release.

NRE in 0.8.1

fcb25ff0af72.png

and it totally not work

Sorry it work great with latest RPM 0.27.1 

Edited by *MajorTom*

I never realized how much fun controlling everything via IVA is!

I have noticed some small issues, if anyone else can corroborate. For me the Heat and Drag Lift modes just show a static model, and custom display modes repeats Disco Mode and Part Selector all the way down the RPM screen. Has anyone noticed anything like this before I start tearing apart my local install?

Correction edit: Drag actually does show the color model, it was Lift that's not rendering, and display mode thing seems to have been a fluke.

Edited by Tybot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.