[1.12.x] Vessel Viewer Continued

linuxgurugamer

On 8/30/2016 at 0:43 PM, Qwarkk said:

are there any awesome mods you aren't maintaining @linuxgurugamer? You're everywhere at the moment - thank you.

Im just getting back into Kerbal after a long hiatus.  I swear like half of the mods I use are either now being maintained by @linuxgurugamer or he is answering questions in the mod's thread.  I just wanted to say thank you mate.  Its peeps like you that keep us coming back to this great game.

• 3 weeks later...

It hasn't been working since RPM has been updated to 1.2 of KSP. I think RSP may have changed the way it draws vector lines. But then again my VV doesn't recognize all my parts so it maybe there is a part issue or a part listing issue now. Its also possible RPM temporally removed some of its ability to search for and display 3D meshes do to an issue. This may be unfixable for now, but idk. I don't know a damn lick about this coding.

8 hours ago, farnayway said:

It hasn't been working since RPM has been updated to 1.2 of KSP. I think RSP may have changed the way it draws vector lines. But then again my VV doesn't recognize all my parts so it maybe there is a part issue or a part listing issue now. Its also possible RPM temporally removed some of its ability to search for and display 3D meshes do to an issue. This may be unfixable for now, but idk. I don't know a damn lick about this coding.

I haven't yet finished with it, it is not updated for 1.2 yet

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can take a look, but think that it may be a while.

Last I saw no one was looking into it due to some serious changes that needed to be made as a result of the Unity updates. Even if it's just something on you do-do list it would be most appreciated. :)

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Last I saw no one was looking into it due to some serious changes that needed to be made as a result of the Unity updates. Even if it's just something on you do-do list it would be most appreciated. :)

That's why I said the "it may be a while", same issue that VesselViewer has, I think

@linuxgurugamer: I've recompiled for myself your latest version of VesselView on github (0.8.1 IIRC), and manage to make it work (mostly) on KSP 1.2.1 x64.

I share you it here so you can take a look at what I did if you want (and if you still plan to update it to 1.2.1 (and if not, no worries)).

Almost all changes are done in VesselViewer.cs (and they are minimal).

(The Stage View doesn't look right to me, but maybe it is just me...)

Lastly, I would like to thank you for the time you put in maintaining all those mods! Thank you!

To VesselView users:

There is still some bugs in this version, I don't recommend to use it on regular installs!

59 minutes ago, dueb said:

@linuxgurugamer: I've recompiled for myself your latest version of VesselView on github (0.8.1 IIRC), and manage to make it work (mostly) on KSP 1.2.1 x64.

I share you it here so you can take a look at what I did if you want (and if you still plan to update it to 1.2.1 (and if not, no worries)).

Almost all changes are done in VesselViewer.cs (and they are minimal).

(The Stage View doesn't look right to me, but maybe it is just me...)

Lastly, I would like to thank you for the time you put in maintaining all those mods! Thank you!

To VesselView users:

There is still some bugs in this version, I don't recommend to use it on regular installs!

Thank You

I haven't had time, but if you do a PR, I'll see what else needs to be done, sound like it's mostly there

Ok, PR is done, and after making some local changes for my build environment, it seems to be working ok in the IVA

however, and maybe someone can answer this for me, when in the outside view, using the toolbar and ocnfig, I don't see it animated; the animation works fine in the IVA=.  Before I go digging, can anyone confirm that in the outside view it should be this way, or should the animation also be active inthe outside view?

Three cheers for @dueb for doing this

Thanks

Edit:  Turned out to be a problem in the initial conversion to 1.1, fixed and working now. Will be releasing a beta soon

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Three cheers for @dueb for doing this

Thanks

Np! I'm glad to help! :wink:

I reverted the changes I've made to the Stage View btw. I didn't liked it. It looked wrong to me.

I'm submitting you a new PR to fix that issue if you want. :wink:

1 hour ago, dueb said:

Np! I'm glad to help! :wink:

I reverted the changes I've made to the Stage View btw. I didn't liked it. It looked wrong to me.

I'm submitting you a new PR to fix that issue if you want. :wink:

Received and merged, thanks

ANNOUNCEMENT

Released for 1.2.1:  

Available at:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/VesselViewer/releases/tag/0.8.2
and:  http://spacedock.info/mod/923/Vessel Viewer Continued

Thanks to @dueb for doing most of the work.

I've redone the config window to make it a little more understandable.  comments are welcome

10 minutes ago, Argyle MHF said:

I think we should petition the mods to change your user name to "Code_Machine" or something more appropriate & reflective of your output.

Holy hell, dude.

PS: Good job

No need, just roll over to the Patreon account (listed in the OP) if you want to provide support

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.