[1.12.x] Vessel Viewer Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I keep getting this when I try to download Vessel Viewer Continued on CKAN:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Cannot install NavballUpDefault, module not available.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
CKAN.ModuleNotFoundKraken: Cannot install NavballUpDefault, module not available
   at CKAN.CkanModule.FromIDandVersion(IRegistryQuerier registry, String mod, KspVersionCriteria ksp_version)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver.<RelationshipResolver>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0(String name)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
   at CKAN.RelationshipResolver..ctor(IEnumerable`1 module_names, RelationshipResolverOptions options, IRegistryQuerier registry, KspVersionCriteria kspversion)
   at CKAN.MainModList.ComputeConflictsFromModList(IRegistryQuerier registry, IEnumerable`1 change_set, KspVersionCriteria ksp_version)
   at CKAN.Main.<UpdateChangeSetAndConflicts>c__async1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CKAN.Main.<ModList_CellValueChanged>c__async0.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ckan
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///K:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Admin/My%20Documents/Game%20Mods/KSP/1.2.2/ckan.exe
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Dynamic
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1055.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[/spoiler

Well, it's not this mod.  That message indicates that it's trying to install NavballUpDefault.  If you aren't doing anything with it, then I suggest you move this over to the  CKAN thread.

Curious, what version of KSP do you have, and (assuming you are running 1.2.2) do you have any compatible releases enabled in the Settings->Compatible KSP Versions?  If you do, try clearing all of them, exit CKAN, restart, and do a Refresh before trying again.

I have moved the previous issue over to the CKAN thread, as the error started popping up with other mods as well, however there is one new issue I've noticed. The cockpits from B9 Aerospace do not recognize VVC, when clicking on the buttons for it in the RPM screens, I get "Vessel Viewer Module not installed" or something to that effect.

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer: I recently updated this to the current version and have an interesting problem:

Spoiler

jY30e7I.jpg

It's ok to have one button, but do I really need that many? On the actual game screen, I've counted no less than ten VV buttons. Any idea? There's no error log being generated...

However, here's the KSP log: HOSTED ON DROPBOX.

Edited by adsii1970

6 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

It's ok to have one button, but do I really need that many? On the actual game screen, I've counted no less than ten VV buttons

How does things look in the VAB/SPH? Having a bunch of buttons on the main menu screen can be annoying, I will admit I don't like it much either when I see it, but really it's not an issue that interferes with anything at all - unless you go back into the editor and see a ton of buttons there too. That's a real problem. I see you have HyperEdit installed which has already been confirmed as one of the reasons why buttons show up on the game menu, but the author doesn't acknowledge it as an issue that's worth fixing, and I tend to agree there even tho like I said it can be a bit annoying to see *shrug*

15 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

How does things look in the VAB/SPH? Having a bunch of buttons on the main menu screen can be annoying, I will admit I don't like it much either when I see it, but really it's not an issue that interferes with anything at all - unless you go back into the editor and see a ton of buttons there too. That's a real problem. I see you have HyperEdit installed which has already been confirmed as one of the reasons why buttons show up on the game menu, but the author doesn't acknowledge it as an issue that's worth fixing, and I tend to agree there even tho like I said it can be a bit annoying to see *shrug*

I only use VV in IVA mode...

But YES, there are also multiple buttons like that on every screen, the VAB and SPH editors, on the man space center creen, etc...

I once had that one too. I didn't have this issue at all until I deleted the WRONG mod and had to reinstall it. :D But upon the reinstall earlier last evening, it did this whole button multiple times everywhere thing.

31 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I only use VV in IVA mode...

There is a 'workaround' to this problem (but doesn't fix the problem itself) since you are using VesselViewer in IVA mode only:

You can delete the file VesselViewPlugin.dll in plugin directory since VesselViewer does not depend on this dll to operate in IVA mode. It's an optional dependency, and it's the one causing your issue.

(At least, last time I checked. Tell me if that's works! :P)

Edited by dueb

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LevStart said:

VV (and RPM itself) crashes 1.3 version of the game. Please update it!

Do you realize how many mods LinuxGuruGamer has? At last count it's around 75. It will take him some time to update to 1.3 (which released less than 24 hours ago). If VV is important to you, just stay on 1.2.2 until he updates.

17 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Do you realize how many mods LinuxGuruGamer has? At last count it's around 75. It will take him some time to update to 1.3 (which released less than 24 hours ago). If VV is important to you, just stay on 1.2.2 until he updates.

11 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

@LevStartRule of thumb wait 10 days for all mods to be updated some get done earlier but most of the popular ones take around 10 days on average, the mod owner  usually has to figure out whats broken before he can fix it 

I'm sorry. I realize it's impossible to keep up-to-date with a minimal delay. I'm new to the forum, and it was a pretty bad start (just like most of my starts in KSP). Sorry again, I just wanted to kinda point this fact out, but now I see that it's pretty obvious. (Also excuse me if I messed up the grammar, English is not my native language)

Edited by LevStart
grammar corrections

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2017 at 8:34 AM, LevStart said:

(Also excuse me if I messed up the grammar, English is not my native language)

Pretty good so far. And welcome!

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:
  • Updated to 1.3

He does it again!! :o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.