RT Flight Computer's 2nd page

LN400

Looking at the RT flight computer's 2nd page (the one you get to by clicking the arrows in the upper left), I am wondering if someone can tell what that all is and how to use it. The RT documentation doesn't mention it as far as I could tell so it would be awesome of someone who knows could chime in with a description and how-to on this.

Edited by LN400

Is this what you are looing for?

Edit: uhmm, thinking for a minute made me realize, that is probably not what you were looking for. Can you post a screen shot or something of the "2nd page" you refer to?

Edited by Rodhern
need more info

27 minutes ago, Rodhern said:

Is this what you are looing for?

Edit: uhmm, thinking for a minute made me realize, that is probably not what you were looking for. Can you post a screen shot or something of the "2nd page" you refer to?

Thanks heaps for replying! I'm firing up KSP now so the screenies will be edited in in a few minutes.

EDIT

Here are the 2 pages. The first, the main page should be familiar to everyone using RT. The arrows in the upper left are marked.

KSP_RT_Flight_Computer_zpsrazy6pbf.jpg

Edited by LN400

Neat. I had not noticed that before. Just installed the latest version, and it does indeed look like your screen shots. Maybe it is a way to control rovers (since "Wheel" is prominently displayed, and if you press the 'enter' key in the fields it will say something like 'drive to') ?. Sorry I couldn't help you out - I don't know where to look for further documentation either.

Rovers, that sounds plausible. I have to unlock the rover wheels before I can put that to the test but it certainly sounds plausible. As for wheel, I was speculating that perhaps it was the reaction wheel power setting or something like that but yeah, rover wheels does sound sensible. It would have been nice if the documentation covered it though and especially the how-to bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally had a chance to have a look at this.

Rodhern is correct, this is for rovers. (someone tell me how to "mention" names here, with that blue background and all)

I did try 2 of the modes: Hdt and Fine.

The directional PID for the Hdt needs tweaking. That could be a challenge as tweaking is on a case to case basis but perhaps one could include sliders for a DIY tweaking.

The Fine mode seems to work fine. One needs to manualy steer but if the rover has enough motor power and traction, then it holds the speed fairly well. A bit of tweaking would work but it's a far better choice than Hdt, the way I figure. Only thing is, to maintain speed, it appears that the computer will not use brakes but run the wheels in reverse. This drains power unneccessarily but all things given, for game balance it actually works pretty well. You gain some, you lose some and a higher power consumption is a fair price. Perhaps if it would use the brakes and drain the batteries at a higher rate than not at all could work.

The turn function in Fine is a bit strange and I'm not entirely sure what use it would have. Basically, from what I figured, you set the wheel slider to whatever turn radius you want, in percentage, then in the turn box, type in a turn angle between 0 and 90 degrees. Hit enter and it performs the turn. This function cancels any other program you have running so if for instance you have a program running to drive straight ahead for 10km at 15 m/s, then hitting the turn function will cancel the drive program and initiate the turn. After the turn, the computer is idle with the original drive program erased.

All modes it seems apply parking brakes after the program ends.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.