Wheels in KSP 1.1.x

Hello guys.

So anybody here from you have managed to have working custom wheels on their spaceplanes , shuttles ?   Lofi ? Nli2work ? 

And could you give me some hints ? Or tutorial on youtube or on twitch or something  pls? I have read a lot of things like a lot of modders are giving up on new wheels models bcs they can not make them work.   

Thank you very much in advance.

There's been a good deal of stuff from earlier 1.1.x days. Still very unpredictable. Wheels and Landing Gears seem to be better than Lander legs. With a little work you can get a solid wheel part. Lander legs on the other hand, not so much. The wheel blocking detection Squad implemented as a workaround to the Unity problem isn't too great, I guess most people are hoping for a solid fix on wheels from Unity before anything else. Lofi and Shadowmage are working on a wheel system as a plugin, not sure what the current status is. I haven't paid much attention to KSP or modding for the last few months.

here's a sample wheel I uploaded a while back: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxjv6bowyzfisru/seeThruWheel.zip?dl=0

you'll have to dig a bit to find the wheel threads from earlier in the year.

Edited by nli2work

• 5 months later...
On 8/29/2016 at 7:04 PM, nli2work said:

There's been a good deal of stuff from earlier 1.1.x days. Still very unpredictable. Wheels and Landing Gears seem to be better than Lander legs. With a little work you can get a solid wheel part. Lander legs on the other hand, not so much. The wheel blocking detection Squad implemented as a workaround to the Unity problem isn't too great, I guess most people are hoping for a solid fix on wheels from Unity before anything else. Lofi and Shadowmage are working on a wheel system as a plugin, not sure what the current status is. I haven't paid much attention to KSP or modding for the last few months.

here's a sample wheel I uploaded a while back: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxjv6bowyzfisru/seeThruWheel.zip?dl=0

you'll have to dig a bit to find the wheel threads from earlier in the year.

Hi 

That is a great example. Do you mind if I build upon it to see if I can make my own Lunar Rover Wheels? I am new to modelling and am looking for a place to start.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.