Remote tech and Us Rn ports antenna bug

Larste

There is a bug in The mod us probes and remotetech on some of the probes the antennas have a dynamic pressure limit that is set very low. As a result the antenna snaps creating an invisible part that caues clipping bugs and other problems. I don't want to uninstall remote tech as my rockets all have the antennas integrated with them as well as us probs. can someone help plz??!

This is because the antenna is part of the main mesh and breaks the maxq functionality in remotetech. I don't know why those values were defined in the first place(I didn't make the RT configs). I has been fixed now. If you are using the stock configs download them again. If you are using RO, the fix will be in the next version, but until then go into all of my RO config files and search for maxq = 6000 and remove it, or use what MeCripp said.

11 hours ago, raidernick said:

This is because the antenna is part of the main mesh and breaks the maxq functionality in remotetech. I don't know why those values were defined in the first place(I didn't make the RT configs). I has been fixed now. If you are using the stock configs download them again. If you are using RO, the fix will be in the next version, but until then go into all of my RO config files and search for maxq = 6000 and remove it, or use what MeCripp said.

On August 29, 2016 at 5:27 PM, MeCripp said:

Try this out

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]]:Final
{
     @MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
     {
     !MaxQ={}
     }
}

In which config file is this?

10 hours ago, Larste said:

In which config file is this?

Here is the cfg if you need it https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/help/RT_Delete_MaxQ.cfg.zip

And you mean if your looking at a RT cfg ? like

@PART[RTLongAntenna2]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
	%TechRequired = largeElectrics
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%allowManualControl = false
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = 5000000
		%MaxQ = 3000             <--------------------------  HERE you can delete this line on all RT cfg's
		%EnergyCost = 0.6

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

@PART[RTLongAntenna3]:FOR[RemoteTech]
{
	%TechRequired = specializedElectrics
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]
	{
		%allowManualControl = false
	}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = 3000000
		%MaxQ = 6000                   <------------------------------   HERE you can delete this line on all RT cfg's  
		%EnergyCost = 0.18

%DeployFxModules = 0

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.3
			%PacketSize = 2
			%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
		}
	}

%MODULE[ModuleSPUPassive] {}
}

Or just run this CFG i posted should do it for you just unzip and put it in KSP/GameData         Don't matter where  and you should already have ModuleManager installed so good to go

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.