90 Km Orbit Too Low?

As a general answer, in map mode you can bring up the information window and it will tell you the atmosphere height of the target (make sure you are focused on the planet). Anything above that should be fine! 

Used to be, even if the craft was inside the atmosphere, it would not degrade above a certain altitude. Don't know if this is changed in recent versions.

Anything above 70k should not decay at all.

2 hours ago, Kurld said:

Used to be, even if the craft was inside the atmosphere, it would not degrade above a certain altitude. Don't know if this is changed in recent versions.

That is still the case.

HOWEVER! Big disclaimer: it applies only to spacecraft on rails. As soon as you control the craft, or if comes within physics loading distance of a different craft you control, it will very much start decaying.

2 hours ago, Palaceviking said:

No effect whatsoever over 70km on kerbin even if loaded, I have a fuel depot at 70,153m x 70,312m.

Yeah...Oberth. 

If you have a fuel depot, you should consider gate orbits:

Your interplanetary ships will arrive with more fuel if they start fully fuelled from a higher orbit, Oberth notwithstanding.

17 hours ago, Andrew Ridgely said:

Hey everyone, just a quick question.  I put a small satellite in orbit around Kerbin.  The AP is 91 KM, and the PE is 89 KM.  Is this too low?  Will my orbit "decay" and cause my satellite to crash into Kerbin?

Thanks in advance :) 

Orbital decay is not included in stock. You should be just fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.