[1.12.x] Vapor Vent released

linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New release 1.1.12

Thanks to github user @massetstephane for these:

• Added tweakscale cfg file for Apu unit
  • Re-compiled with Partools 1.12
  • Modified cfg, generator use resource solidfuel (selectable amount) when the resource is empty the apu no longer produces electricity

2 hours ago, Warhorse said:

Ummm ... please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but ... Vapor Vent has APUs? Have you accidentally posted the blurb from another of your mods here?

That part is in a different mod, I think.  This was a submission from a user, I was unable to check it, but it's harmless if no part is around

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That part is in a different mod, I think.  This was a submission from a user, I was unable to check it, but it's harmless if no part is around

No, the APU is from VaporVent. It is a Generator like a fuel cell.

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Sad to say no luck with installing ZeroMiniAVC. I even deleted GSF. Reinstalled VaporVent too they're nowhere to be found. Heres the KSP.log and Player.log with ZeroMiniAVC installed and GSF deleted.

Not related (I think), but I found this in the log file:

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.7.0 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' has not met dependency 'KerbalKonstructs' V0.9.0 

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' is missing 1 dependencies

As you said, you have a _lot_ of mods, and I counted 11 which were changing the VaporVent files in some way using ModuleManager.

And at least one of them (B9PartSwitch) is causing an exception in the VaporVent part files  while being compiled by KSP:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'VaporVent/parts/Vent1/part/vent' 

PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at B9PartSwitch.ColorPropertyModifierInfo+<CreateModifiers>d__4.MoveNext () [0x00050] in <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.MaterialModifierInfo+<CreateModifiers>d__8.MoveNext () [0x001dd] in <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent, System.Boolean displayWarnings) [0x00383] in <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.InitializeSubtypes (System.Boolean displayWarnings) [0x0005b] in <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch.OnIconCreate () [0x00006] in <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0 
  at PartLoader.CreatePartIcon (UnityEngine.GameObject newPart, System.Single& iconScale) [0x0005c] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (UrlDir+UrlConfig urlConfig, ConfigNode node) [0x00ff2] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext () [0x00685] in <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0  

PartCompiler: Cannot compile part 

This is the cause of your problem.  I have no idea why B9PartSwitch might be doing that, you should contact the author about that

Thanks so much Linux. I'll be sure to post in B9PartSwitch. It has been acting odd now that I think about it. Missing menus and such. And let it be known that logs are always needed no matter the severity of the issue. My apologies for thinking otherwise. 

Edit: It was Simple Repaint. B9 functionality restored and the illusive vents are now showing upon its deletion. Ill be sure to post in that thread.

Edited by Motokid600

On 10/28/2022 at 3:56 PM, Motokid600 said:

Thanks so much Linux. I'll be sure to post in B9PartSwitch. It has been acting odd now that I think about it. Missing menus and such. And let it be known that logs are always needed no matter the severity of the issue. My apologies for thinking otherwise. 

Edit: It was Simple Repaint. B9 functionality restored and the illusive vents are now showing upon its deletion. Ill be sure to post in that thread.

Thanks for posting the actual issue.

• 3 months later...

I'm getting an 

[ERR 12:31:49.244] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'makeSteam'

in my log and none of the parts . . . make steam.   Did I miss a dependency or something?

EDIT: There's not any plugin in the GameData folder (or anywhere in the zip from GitHub).

EDIT 2: The spacedock download does have the plugin folder and DLL

Edited by Kurld
not enough coffee yet

49 minutes ago, Kurld said:

I'm getting an 

[ERR 12:31:49.244] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'makeSteam'

in my log and none of the parts . . . make steam.   Did I miss a dependency or something?

EDIT: There's not any plugin in the GameData folder (or anywhere in the zip from GitHub).

EDIT 2: The spacedock download does have the plugin folder and DLL

No logs, no support

And today, I probably won't be looking at much other than KSP 2 :-)

19 minutes ago, Kurld said:

Your download on Github is missing the DLL, @linuxgurugamer

And, how is it thus far?

Ummm, which download?

The release is missing on github, the only zip there is the source code.  You downloaded the source code, not the release.  And that file was labeled "Source Code"

I just uploaded the release zip to github, please download the file called VaporVent-1.1.12.zip and try again

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I got the download off spacedock before making  "edit 2" in my original ask, and it works fine.

I didn't notice the name of the file.  It had a gameData folder in it so I assumed it had everything it needed. Sorry to be a bother.