[1.12.x] Vapor Vent released

linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
14 hours ago, Nightside said:

If you look at the config file it is an option, 

try switching it to always on, if it works post a pic!

It works, in a way. Sadly, when my ship reaches speed of approximately 13 m/s, particles do not appear anymore and I want them to remain because I am trying to make some sort of colored trails. Editing part.cfg does not fix this. Could there be another option?

27 minutes ago, SpacePixel said:

It works, in a way. Sadly, when my ship reaches speed of approximately 13 m/s, particles do not appear anymore and I want them to remain because I am trying to make some sort of colored trails. Editing part.cfg does not fix this. Could there be another option?

This mod is a super-simplified (on the user end) alternative to what SmokeScreen can do. RealPlume still works great for rocket effects and smoke, but what you might be really interested in is the effects in CoolRockets. Both RealPlume and CoolRockets are not mods themselves, but config packs for the mod SmokeScreen:

Don't be deterred by the out of date versioning on SmokeScreen or CoolRockets, they work great.

1 hour ago, Nightside said:

Don't be deterred by the out of date versioning on SmokeScreen or CoolRockets, they work great.

I was, that's why I tried VaporVent in the first place. Thank you and @linuxgurugamer, I shall look into CoolRockets and RealPlume, since they both seem to work on 1.5.1. This `Ant` engine will at least be of some use...

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:33 AM, SpacePixel said:

There was a mod that sounds like what you are looking for credit to all them

License:

Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

author: Nazari
contact: Nazari1382 on Official KerbalSpaceProgram.com forum 
also on reddit: Nazari1382

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79181-AerobaticSmoke

Additional credits:
sarbian, eggrobin (SmokeScreen)

SmokeScreen is an enhanced FX plugin by Sarian. Thread:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71630-0-23-SmokeScreen-Extended-FX-plugin

Licence : Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0): http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

Source : https://github.com/sarbian/SmokeScreen/

Looks like I haven't played with it in some time but should still work or ill fix it https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9l66gutsvkwwu9/AerobaticSmoke_Nazari_v1.0.5.zip?dl=0

If you want to change the color if the smoke you can send me a PM if you cant get it

EDIT- And you will need the newest smokescreen plugin 

Edited by Mecripp

21 hours ago, Mecripp said:

There was a mod that sounds like what you are looking for credit to all them

Thank you for such a great mod! I am afraid, however, that this mod does not work for me in 1.6.0. Perhaps I have made yet another terribly stupid mistake, but maybe something really went wrong. Could you check if it is working for you?

35 minutes ago, SpacePixel said:

Thank you for such a great mod! I am afraid, however, that this mod does not work for me in 1.6.0. Perhaps I have made yet another terribly stupid mistake, but maybe something really went wrong. Could you check if it is working for you?

Do you have smokescreen installed ?

9 minutes ago, Mecripp said:

just tested trying to found whats wrong

Could you upload this mod + appropriate SmokeScreen, so I could try exactly your setup? I have removed all mods from GameData except these two, yet still it does not work and I'm experiencing severe framedrop. 

4 minutes ago, SpacePixel said:

Could you upload this mod + appropriate SmokeScreen, so I could try exactly your setup? I have removed all mods from GameData except these two, yet still it does not work and I'm experiencing severe framedrop. 

Its not working looking to see whats wrong or what has changed

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I would like to use this mod. But the persistance of parts after the 10m/s threshold is kinda a turn off. Is there any way to incorporate a jettison/debris unload feature after the threshold is reached?? Perhaps with some code from the smart parts mod?? Just a brainstorm. This isnt one of those must have mods...but it does add a nice touch to launches. But I try and keep part count as low as possible

• 4 months later...
49 minutes ago, OopsThatNotWork said:

Hey Linux, sorry to bother you, just curious if this is functional in current version? I did a fresh install with the expansion and was just curious if you had tried this yet.

Thanks for all your hard work either way. 

No idea, can you please try it and report back?  I don't see any reason why it won't work, but don't have time right now to test it

On 6/5/2019 at 3:25 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

No idea, can you please try it and report back?  I don't see any reason why it won't work, but don't have time right now to test it

Sure ill try it this weekend

Edit (6/8/19 6:43 PM EST): As far as i can tell, this is fully functional with latest update, should be able to change title block to indicate such. Vapor showed up automatically upon deploying vehicle, stopped upon moving/launching, and you could toggle as desired. 

Edited by OopsThatNotWork
Verification of test.

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Baconoobolo10101 said:

can you change the mod a bit to get the vapor to go different directions? It's a bit weird with KSC extended cause the pads are slanted. Thanks! Love this other than that

Unfortunately, no.  The vapor is baked into the model, and can't be changed

Edited by linuxgurugamer

13 hours ago, KSP United said:

Hi, I have been using this mod for a while, and I love it. However, could you change a bit where the vapor goes in the direction of the flag? It would be nice if the vapor went in the direction the vent was pointing, instead of always to the flag. Thanks!

I am constantly amazed at the number of times someone will ask a question which had literally just been answered. As it happens I answered this exact same question in the previous post.

It would help to try reading a bit before asking questions, might save you so e time and the modder some aggreviation