How did you feel when you first achieved lift off? ( Successful )

Chrissssyx

Tonight I achieved my first successful lift off in KSP, I was so happy.

Although I was still in the atmosphere I managed to make some distance and am very proud.

How did you feel when you first got lift off?

-Chrissssyx

EDIT: Title, sorry for lack of clarification.

Hrm........I don\'t remember.

I do remember two noob mistakes I made.

1. I thought that RCS fuel tanks were necessary for solid boosters like liquid Engines/boosters.

2. I didn\'t realize that you could pilot the rocket with WASD.

Understandably, most of my early rockets didn\'t get very far.

my first launch went off fine, it just exploded on landing, it was a capsule stuck on a SRB. my second launch swerved into the tower, but my third was pretty good, got out of atmosphere and underestimated the game (alot) so I aimed straight for mun ;P

My first launch was well... rather uneventful... i remember throttling up to 100% and pressing the 'staging' button on my joystick.

My rocket only had 3 engines so it didn\'t have too much thrust...

I built it WAY too tall and in my excitement to achieve liftoff...

I went absolutely no where...

Slightly confused i thought my engines didn\'t fire...

I staged again just to watch my bottom stage liftoff into my rocket and destroy it as i started to achieve liftoff creating a massive explosion on the launch pad...

I would have to say it was a bag of mixed feelings...

Epic, Depressing, Hilarious and Confusing all wrapped up in one small package... Truly... Amazing!

My first rocket was a huge cylinder of layers of solid boosters. Before I knew how to use the symmetry tool. Needless to say centrifugal force took over, my rocket broke apart under its own spinning inertia, and 3 Kerbals lost their lives that day.

My first rocket reached 40km before it ran out of fuel, the next reached 70km, the next 75. I named all my rockets after how high they went until I discovered how to orbit.

My first rockets were based on the tutorial, though so they weren\'t overly-ambitious.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.