[Suggestion]: Higher Space Scenery Resolution?

btymciw

I\'ve always loved looking up at the stars and seeing how big, and vast the universe was. With all its wonders that it likes to show off, I would always wish some company would integrate an amazing view of space within there game. Alas the day came when Bethesda released Skyrim, and the world was introduced to one of the best ever, looking stars in-game, along with a planet and moon.

Anyway, now to the point... ;D

I think it would be absolutely awesome if they would integrate an amazing high resolution space scenery. At the moment (no offense to the developers) the stars look some-what blurry. Now I know, 'how amazing can you make a little spec of light be?' haha. I was just thinking it would be great if you could see some really nice high resolution nebula\'s and other great things with a higher resolution(in other words better quality). I\'m currently running the game maxed, and it looks like it could go a couple hundred steps further in detail.

Now I\'m also well aware that this is early alpha, and they aren\'t even close to having the game completely finished yet. I was just hoping in the future we would have some jaw dropping, 'awe' moments, where we would go.... 'this was totally worth it!' ;)

It would be nice to see a nicer 'sky' at night.

Personally, I would like to see a greater variety of objects that you see. Instead of just the little white specks, there should be red, yellow, and blue specks. Along with small nebulae, and distant galaxies, there is a lot that Squad could do to the sky.

It would be nice to see a nicer 'sky' at night.

Personally, I would like to see a greater variety of objects that you see. Instead of just the little white specks, there should be red, yellow, and blue specks. Along with small nebulae, and distant galaxies, there is a lot that Squad could do to the sky.

Yes that\'s exactly what I\'m looking for. Something that would be sitting there in plain sight, maybe something some people may not even give recognition towards, but it would push us to make a rocket that could get you there.... in a manner of speaking. :)

Yeah some better looking scenery would be nice. However, I wouldn\'t be able to experience it until they were at a point where they could optimize the game. My computer has a tough time running the game as is.

They\'re always optimising it xD

Every update is taken through a rigorous testing period to check for bugs and to ensure it\'ll run OK without needing drastic optimisations. 0.15 had some serious optimisation work done, as I recall.

They\'re always optimising it xD

Every update is taken through a rigorous testing period to check for bugs and to ensure it\'ll run OK without needing drastic optimisations. 0.15 had some serious optimisation work done, as I recall.

I think so too. My game lagged to the point of unplayability, and it was mostly fixed by that update.

I agree that the distant stars could be better, but all this talk of nebulas and such is misinformed. Even in space, everything outside our solar system just looks like specks of light; you can\'t make out any detail with the naked eye.

Yes, but that doesn\'t mean we can\'t have any. The only reason that is true from Earth is that they\'re so far away. If we were closer, the bright nebulas would be suitably awesome to see. Kerbol could be situated close by a nebula, for all we know.

This topic came up is related to a previous request for a true North Star:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=10210.0

A high resolution star field, with constellations, etc., is a valid astrogational aid. You know, for when instruments/mechjeb craps out. Don\'t laugh - real satellites rely on sophisticated instruments to find their location based on the position of stars.

From Closette:

many satellites use star trackers for orientation, and Apollo-era astronauts would 'shoot stars' through the window. If KSP\'s 'constellations' become fixed in space, it would be cool to add that functionality to the game, e.g. replacing the NavBall with a star field for interplanetary travel.

'Second star to the right, and straight on till morning'.

I\'ve always loved looking up at the stars and seeing how big, and vast the universe was. With all its wonders that it likes to show off, I would always wish some company would integrate an amazing view of space within there game. Alas the day came when Bethesda released Skyrim, and the world was introduced to one of the best ever, looking stars in-game, along with a planet and moon.

Anyway, now to the point... ;D

I think it would be absolutely awesome if they would integrate an amazing high resolution space scenery. At the moment (no offense to the developers) the stars look some-what blurry. Now I know, 'how amazing can you make a little spec of light be?' haha. I was just thinking it would be great if you could see some really nice high resolution nebula\'s and other great things with a higher resolution(in other words better quality). I\'m currently running the game maxed, and it looks like it could go a couple hundred steps further in detail.

Now I\'m also well aware that this is early alpha, and they aren\'t even close to having the game completely finished yet. I was just hoping in the future we would have some jaw dropping, 'awe' moments, where we would go.... 'this was totally worth it!' ;)

well, it\'s kinda unrelated but I think it would be awesome to implement Orbiter-ish \'Celestial Sphere\' thingy where you can use custom textures for sky!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.