[1.2] Galileo's Planet Pack (development thread) [v0.9]

Galileo

11 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Kerbal is backwards English at 10X speed, at least going by Chatterer.

I was going by this entry in the Wiki:

"Kerbals speak backwards Spanish. Their speech can be heard in the Astronaut Complex as well as the end of the credits theme. However, the credits theme is cut-off at the end, so the music file has to be got out of the game files to hear it. In trailers as well, they speak reverse Spanish (aka "loñapsE"). However, Wernher von Kerman and Gene Kerman do emit sounds like "a-ha" and disappointed groans during in-game tutorials and at Mission Control. Curiously, They seem to write in modern english, not appearing as backwards Spanish."

So today I'm out with my wife and daughter on a beautiful Saturday.  If you ever find yourself in Glen Rose,  Texas,  check out Dinosaur World.  It's pretty awesome :)

I'll continue work on this tonight when I get home

Edited by Galileo

@Galileo I have a suggestion for the Sun's new name: Soranus. It's a Roman deity often associated with the Sun god Apollo. You've been going with a lot of Greco-Roman names for your celestial bodies, so why not continue that trend for the whole system?

Also, if you're going to have another Earth-like planet, I'd like to suggest the name Tellumo, which is the Roman's male counterpart of the Earth goddess Gaea.

3 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@Galileo I have a suggestion for the Sun's new name: Soranus. It's a Roman deity often associated with the Sun god Apollo. You've been going with a lot of Greco-Roman names for your celestial bodies, so why not continue that trend for the whole system?

Also, if you're going to have another Earth-like planet, I'd like to suggest the name Tellumo, which is the Roman's male counterpart of the Earth goddess Gaea.

Yeah I noticed but I wasn't intentionally using Greco-Roman names just kinda happend I really like Tellumo though (of course I do, I have an unconscious love for Greco-Roman names) 

21 minutes ago, kamikazee said:

Guessing Gael will be Kerbin sized?

From my understanding, yes, that's the plan.  Gael obviously looks different, but I expect its physical characteristics will be the same as Kerbin.

@Galileo, is KSC still on the equator?

Edited by OhioBob
can't spell today

Just now, OhioBob said:

From my understanding, yes, that's the plan.  Gael obviously looks different, but I except its physical characteristics will be the same as Kerbin.

@Galileo, is KSC still on the equator?

its pretty close but not exactly,  New Longitude and latitude is N 8.496 W 168.300 roughly

42 minutes ago, Galileo said:

its pretty close but not exactly,  New Longitude and latitude is N 8.496 W 168.300 roughly

Even that little bit off the equator will add a new wrinkle to the game.  We'll have to learn how to deal with the inclination that will produce.

Edited by OhioBob
still can't spell

Just now, OhioBob said:

Even that little bit off the equator will add a new wrinkle to the game.  We'll have to learn how to deal with inclination that will produce.

that was my intention :) its off just enough to add a little difficulty. not much but enough

Just now, Fobok said:

Nice! Though, man, that looks hard to land on. :)

its not i promise i just did :)

Just now, OhioBob said:

I just had the very same thought.

(BTW, post #1000!)

Congrats! you are pretty dang close to a 1:1 ratio! when you speak people listen

Another moon Down

These are looking very nice. As for the standard you are obviously trying to shoot for here, I would suggest that from a playability or personality point of view if I was player it would be great if each body has a prominent feature/theme much like Eeloo has its area of ridged cracks or Slate in OPM has its giant planetary ridge.

Just now, Poodmund said:

These are looking very nice. As for the standard you are obviously trying to shoot for here, I would suggest that from a playability or personality point of view if I was player it would be great if each body has a prominent feature/theme much like Eeloo has its area of ridged cracks or Slate in OPM has its giant planetary ridge.

They will all have something special about them, however I dont feel its up to me to say what those special things are.  whenever i get around to making the biomes i can specify, what i feel, are some prominent features.