The Scavenger's Daughter SPSSTO (seventeen-part single-stage-to-orbit)

CdrFuzz

Mountain Thrust Aerospace presents: THE SCAVENGER'S DAUGHTER

B12sCmk.png

A single-crewed micro-SSTO composed of only 17 parts, the Scavenger's Daughter is:

• Cheap!
  • Cute!
  • Easy and fun to fly!
  • Composed of only 17 parts!
  • Cute!
  • Capable!
  • Composed of only 17 parts!
  • Did I mention cute?
  • What about the part count? Did I tell you about the part count?!

In the image below, you can see the Daughter in a 70km x 70km orbit and still has over a kilometer per second of delta-V in the tank. The craft's excellent range and uncrewed flight capability make her perfect for LKO rescue missions... and not a great deal else to be honest. But look how cute she is! Nnnggaaawwwwww!

frwk1xi.png

Vital statistics are given in the groovy schematic:

dO1m8HL.jpg

Flight Manual:

Ach, it's not that hard, to be honest. I'm sure you guys can manage. Just try not to explode on the way up.

Action Groups:

1. Toggle RAPIER

2. Switch RAPIER mode/toggle intake

CRAFT FILE:

kerbalX: https://kerbalx.com/cdrfuzz/THE-SCAVENGERS-DAUGHTER

direct download

Edited by CdrFuzz
forgot a pic

Awesome. And for just a tad more complexity (about 50% more parts, tops), you could substitute the front intake with a docking port, slap some radial intakes and RCS, and have a dock-capable little ship.

Rune. Plus, the shielded docking port has an absurdly high temp. rating. And it's cute. :wink:

1 minute ago, Rune said:

Awesome. And for just a tad more complexity (about 50% more parts, tops), you could substitute the front intake with a docking port, slap some radial intakes and RCS, and have a dock-capable little ship.

Rune. Plus, the shielded docking port has an absurdly high temp. rating. And it's cute. :wink:

It will be done....

• 2 weeks later...

The Utility Edition. Now with RCS and a ventral docking port. DL here: https://kerbalx.com/cdrfuzz/THE-SCAVENGERS-DAUGHTER-Utility-Edition

Adding the docking port to the front created so much drag that the craft became much more difficult to get into orbit. So I stuck it on the bottom instead (which had the added benefit of reducing the part count, which is now 26). Ca' canny on the RCS though, as the craft only carries the cockpit's built in supply of monoprop. It's enough! The RCS is balanced for the remaining fuel load at ~ 150km x 150 km, which is where I put my space stations, but the CoM does not move much as The Daughter burns fuel, so it should be serviceable at other altitudes too. 

NcANUnBg.png

tktjmRX.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.