[1.2] ExperimentTracker

Derrey

On 9/3/2016 at 6:09 PM, ansaman said:

I was unable to view the User Interface since the x,y values in the .cfg file were outside my screen values (1280x1024).
Recommend that initial values be more centered since the UI can be dragged where ever it is needed once visible.

I was unable to see the ui as well...thank you for this info. Will try and report back.

That was the trick!!! Thank you very much. I was playing on a smaller screen than normal and the defaults are outside of that.. Edited the config and all good now! awesome mod by the way!

Edited by Lazy8

I think the most suitable solution in future would be to read out the resolution values at the start via Unity's Screen API. If the user set position value then exceeds the current screen resolution simply a relative repositioning could be performed to keep everything in accesible ranges. I may also have a look how other modders tackle this particular issue...

Edited by ishtar

This is already fixed, but I didn't release it yet. I made some bugfixes and smaller feature enhancements. Found a way to implement DMagic Module support today. Will be testing the next days and a new release is coming soon!

Edited by Derrey

On 9/20/2016 at 10:10 AM, Derrey said:

This is already fixed, but I didn't release it yet. I made some bugfixes and smaller feature enhancements. Found a way to implement DMagic Module support today. Will be testing the next days and a new release is coming soon!

Wow! That's awesome. I am using this mod and xscience but if this works with dmagic and has all the features that xscience does, I may just use this one only. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really nice mod. together with X-Science, KER, Pilot Assistant and Full Science it is one of those I can't live without. And since it's forbidden to beg for updates now I just want to say I'm really enjoying the 1.2 pre wich will only get better with all those mods functioning again. You're doing really great work and I appreciate this mod really much, thanks for making it.

Just released version 1.3.

Special thanks to @ishtar for helping me out on the Universal Storage and Orbital Science support.

Next step would be to update to version 1.2 of KSP.

Have a good flight!

Edited by Derrey

Suggestion - Personally I don't like that clicking Info opens a new little window. (Which has its own close button) Instead How about making the info when the button is clicked, show the information on the same ET window. (Right below the "info/close/close all" buttons, and above the experiment buttons) and clicking Info again would hide the info (and the experiment buttons would move back up to just under the "info/close/close all" buttons.

Having a separate window just means using up more screen space. (which is already being filled with KER, KAC, ARP, Contracts+, etc) :wink:

Edited by BlackHat

@BlackHat Thank you for your suggestion. I made that an extra window so people who want to have a look at the biomes can do that without having the experiments UI visible all the time. I'm thinking about implementing some options so you can chose wether you want the Info to be an extra UI or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE THIS MOD! It's basically the new sciencealert when you combine it with biomatic to stop warp over biomes. 

1. Anyway, I'm having an issue with some of the DMagic stuff, where your mod thinks that an experiment needs to be run when it already has been. This happens with the magnetometer boom every time. Even though the science has been sent back to KSC, it still thinks I need to run it.
  2. Also, would it be possible for it to know about EVA reports and surface samples when it's a manned craft?
  3. And finally, what about having your mod "see" the science reports that are in the new science container? That way we can transfer the science into the container and your mod will know that it's in there and won't have those experiments on the list anymore.

Thanks again :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @Derrey,

I'm not fully sure what is going on, but I have some issues of recovering experiments triggered through your mod. A quick invastigation leads to the experiments which use the DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric Module. So my question is, if your mod compatible with the Generic version of Dmagics Modules?

If no, I have a suggestion for your mod - else there might be an issue :P

Hi @divinity_chimera,

What's the problem? Is it not possible to recover the experiments because they are not listed anywhere in the UI or are they simply not registered as deployed? I thought that my mod would be compatible with the DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric module, but that seems to be wrong :(

Looks like I might have to do some bugfixing soon.

Hi @Derrey,

Here a more detailed description of the issue:

Spoiler

The setting is the following:

Right: Mistery Goo is the stock Science Module

Middle: Magnetometer is the DMagic Module

Left: The camera is the Generic DMagic Module

LHHRysd.png

If I deploy the experiments manually - everything is ok. Please note the open camera lid:

WZdTWVr.png

And when I recover it, I get some science:

LNl8iB0.png

Now the same (on a different save) with the experiment tracker - the Camera is recognized as an experiment - so far everything works perfectly:

vV494o5.png

Now when I deploy all, I get the experiment dialog for the camera and I can't redo it (it states no more samples can be taken) - but note the camera lid (the animations are not played):

KjajnbE.png

Unfortunately the really bad part follows - the science points from the camera are not recovered:

gNBlCLQ.png

I hope that helps to track down the issue. (I have to remark, I have a ton of mods installed - but it happened with several experiments) If I can be of further assistance, just ask.

• 2 weeks later...

@funkcanna I was thinking about a stop-warp function, but it could also be possible to pause the game, though :)

I really hope to get some spare time on the end of this month to implement some of the things you guys are suggesting. Thank you all for your feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod Derrey, works great!

I've found a possible bug (or feature request), however. When attempting to hide UI with F2, everything hides except for ET. I've only tested this in ship and map view. If there's a setting somewhere I'm missing, please let me know, as I frequently hide UI to grab some screens. Thanks! Also not sure if I should post this here or GitHub, if you want I can save you some time and post it to your issue tracker there if it is indeed a bug. 

UPDATE EDIT: This may not be ET exclusive. I lost my alternate resource panel, and kerbal alarm clock, when UI is visible. However when I press F2 again to hide UI, all UI hides except for ARP and KAC. Some odd behavior, but if you can't replicate, I'll have to dig deeper and figure it out. Problem is solved on restart.

Edited by theoracle09

@theoracle09 Thank you! :) 

I think that KSP throws some kind of event when F2 is clicked and special Methods are called when they are implemented in a module. This behaviour is not implemented in my mod therefore the UI is not hiding when clicking F2. It's not a bug, but a feature request, I would say. You can add this to the issue tracker as a "enhancement" if you want and I'll have a look at that.

Merry Christmas to you all! :D 

Edited by Derrey
More explanation

• 3 weeks later...

Could it be added that the addon won't multi deploy experiments?

Like when there are 4 thermometers it will only deply 1 and not all 4 and also check for existing results in experiments and stashs to not deploy any that are already saved?

Another smaller thing would be to make the window "snap" to the bottom of the screen if placed there, but I think making the window expand upwards as it changes height would be not exactly easy, though I haven't messed with the new UI yet, last time I modded was when it still ran U4.

On 12/24/2016 at 7:02 AM, Derrey said:

@theoracle09 Thank you! :) 

I think that KSP throws some kind of event when F2 is clicked and special Methods are called when they are implemented in a module. This behaviour is not implemented in my mod therefore the UI is not hiding when clicking F2. It's not a bug, but a feature request, I would say. You can add this to the issue tracker as a "enhancement" if you want and I'll have a look at that.

Merry Christmas to you all! :D 

You can use the following code to keep track of the F2 status:

static bool F2 = false;

public void Update ()
{
	if (Input.GetKeyDown (KeyCode.F2))

F2 = !F2;
}

public void OnGUI()
{
	if (!F2)
	{
		// do your gui stuff here
	}
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.