Crash Course [Submit Crafts For Testing]

50 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'll get to you soon as well.

Here you go. Hope one of you guys has a good computer, this thing isn't friendly. 

DL Link here

Spoiler

Mods used:

• B9 Aerospace
  • OPT
  • Mk 2 expansion

that should be it, this was before i modded the game to hell. contact me if you have difficulties.

no physics modifiers btw

Final note: test if its actually landable. never been able to do it myself because i lack experience. maximum range would be nice too

Edit note: i really hope you didnt download the old one thats the bad one (ps i gave you your 200th damn.)

Edited by wrench-in-the-works
i keep forgetting stuff im tired

If anyone has a powerful computer that can run this ship, I would love to see how it performs in battle, and if possible get some cool screenshots from said battle. I will seriously consider your feedback, and will probably implement it. If your feedback is implemented, I will be sure to credit you for your help. The craft is my Leviathan, currently the most massive craft on KerbalX, and the second most expensive. The link is here, along with detailed stats in the description: https://kerbalx.com/Mycroft_33/Leviathan

Thank you in advance! 

Note: If anyone has feedback on any of my vessels, please do share it.

Here is a picture of it: 

QOnySua.jpg 

Ok, bunch of news! I am going to be opening a Discord server and a Skype group for those interested in chatting along with the other CC members outside of the forums. Secondly, I know it's a bit late but I am going to be doing a whole bunch of these test requests now. Expect them to be done rather shortly. Other members should look at these as a baseline for your tests.

So check back soon for your results (I will ping you when your test is done).

6 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Ok, bunch of news! I am going to be opening a Discord server and a Skype group for those interested in chatting along with the other CC members outside of the forums. Secondly, I know it's a bit late but I am going to be doing a whole bunch of these test requests now. Expect them to be done rather shortly. Other members should look at these as a baseline for your tests.

So check back soon for your results (I will ping you when your test is done).

thanks! :) have some rep

Ok so @nascarlaser1. I have finished your tests (as much as I could do) and I've found your aerodynamic control surfaces are too high up and should be lowered as to ease transition into the transonic speeds (320-330m/s). You might also want to consider adding a mk3-3.75m adaptor to reduce any additional drag between the spacecraft and the launch vehicle.

Other Information:

~T+35s vessel weighs half it did at launch.

~3Gs during initial launch phase.

You might want to consider all this and come back with a redesigned version with this in light :) . Our tests will be a bit more comprehensive then.

9 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Ok so @nascarlaser1. I have finished your tests (as much as I could do) and I've found your aerodynamic control surfaces are too high up and should be lowered as to ease transition into the transonic speeds (320-330m/s). You might also want to consider adding a mk3-3.75m adaptor to reduce any additional drag between the spacecraft and the launch vehicle.

Other Information:

~T+35s vessel weighs half it did at launch.

~3Gs during initial launch phase.

You might want to consider all this and come back with a redesigned version with this in light :) . Our tests will be a bit more comprehensive then.

probably a pathetic question, but what does t+35s vessel weighs half it did at launch mean? I got confused at the t+35s, Thanks for your input!

Just now, nascarlaser1 said:

probably a pathetic question, but what does t+35s vessel weighs half it did at launch mean? I got confused at the t+35s, Thanks for your input!

T+ simply means time after launch, and in this case, 35s (seconds) after launch. In your case your launch vehicle weighs half of it's initial weight at approximately 35 seconds.

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

T+ simply means time after launch, and in this case, 35s (seconds) after launch. In your case your launch vehicle weighs half of it's initial weight at approximately 35 seconds.

oh ok. Is this good or bad btw?

(I am still learning everything about ships and how to make them better. I've mostly gone with the motto of: if it gets the job done, keep it, no matter how badly it does it:P. Only recently have I decided to really care how they function.

5 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

oh ok. Is this good or bad btw?

(I am still learning everything about ships and how to make them better. I've mostly gone with the motto of: if it gets the job done, keep it, no matter how badly it does it:P. Only recently have I decided to really care how they function.

This is normal actually.

My best suggestion is always keep your control surfaces as close to the bottom as possible as this helps your crafts remain stable. Make your rockets look like lawn darts and generally they will work.

Just now, ZooNamedGames said:

This is normal actually.

My best suggestion is always keep your control surfaces as close to the bottom as possible as this helps your crafts remain stable. Make your rockets look like lawn darts and generally they will work.

ok thanks! (more rep time, as payment to you for spending time looking at my craft :))

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.