Crash Course [Submit Crafts For Testing]

39 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Sure! More the better, just understand that they will take time.

Alrighty then this one is an orbiter shuttle/deep space explorer, and I'll need (ideally) max speed, potential range, terminal v, max gee force, aerodynamic stability, glide ability and suvivability (this includes landing). This is a personal project so I don't plan on releasing it (but hey idk) sooooooo here it is.

Orbiter (with boosters)

Orbiter (without boosters)

Mods

Spoiler
  • OPT Spaceplanes (for the orbiter itself)
  • SpaceY Lifters (because the expansion doesn't work on its own)
  • SpaceY Lifters Expanded (for the giant boosters)
  • B9 (for those stupid struts that i can't live without)

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS (read me)

Spoiler

Regardless of how much fuel is in the underbelly fuel tank, detach it after the boosters on the side run out of fuel. It'll throw the entire thing off balance if it's still there when the primary engines are activated then bad things will happen. Most likely rapid unplanned disassembly.

Final notes: again, this is a personal project that I threw together in 15 minutes so it probably won't be spectacular. I realize these tests may take a lot of time so don't worry about that but it would be nice if you could update me from time to time. 

Thanks,

-Wrench

Edited by wrench-in-the-works
goddamn imgur albums. what happened to them?

15 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Has anybody gotten to my Leviathan yet? Or is it not feasible? Thanks!

Someone else said they'd be up for it...

@CliftonM @Jacob M.?

18 minutes ago, wrench-in-the-works said:

Alrighty then this one is an orbiter shuttle/deep space explorer, and I'll need (ideally) max speed, potential range, terminal v, max gee force, aerodynamic stability, glide ability and suvivability (this includes landing). This is a personal project so I don't plan on releasing it (but hey idk) sooooooo here it is.

Orbiter (with boosters)

Orbiter (without boosters)

Mods

Reveal hidden contents
  • OPT Spaceplanes (for the orbiter itself)
  • SpaceY Lifters (because the expansion doesn't work on its own)
  • SpaceY Lifters Expanded (for the giant boosters)
  • B9 (for those stupid struts that i can't live without)

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS (read me)

Reveal hidden contents

Regardless of how much fuel is in the underbelly fuel tank, detach it after the boosters on the side run out of fuel. It'll throw the entire thing off balance if it's still there when the primary engines are activated then bad things will happen. Most likely rapid unplanned disassembly.

Final notes: again, this is a personal project that I threw together in 15 minutes so it probably won't be spectacular. I realize these tests may take a lot of time so don't worry about that but it would be nice if you could update me from time to time. 

Thanks,

-Wrench

Ill get to it as soon as I can.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.