Would you pay for....

RayneCloud

Would you pay for KSP Related Swag and Software?  

1. 1. Would you pay for KSP Related Swag and Software?

Would you pay for?

1. A KSP Software Legacy Pack containing all previous versions of KSP in two chapters? Chapter 1 being from first version to .07 release version and chapter 2 being from .08 to demo.

2. KSP Swag? Mouse pads, plush kerbals, tee-shirts, 3D Print rockets?

3. A KSP style 'Technology' pack containing all the working tech-demo\'s for the game?

4. The Terrain and Orbit code in a Unity-pack on the Unity Asset store?

Any other ideas?

Tell us!

-DR

Depends on Pricing. But 3 & 4 would defiantly catch my attention as modder.

3: Asuming I could use the technology for my own mods, won\'t really like to have stuff I won\'t be able to use.

4: Competition Planet creation for the game? Ones again, will buy it if I can use it.

Just in general, I would only buy something if I can use it and make the game better as modding community.

I\'d pay for something in-game that is not in demo/stock. Some idea\'s:

- A blazing red KSP logo painted down the side of my rocket stack.

- A stylised fairing with a neat opening animation

- A launch pad with spot lights highlighting my craft that sweep left/right (slowly)

- A hidden subterranean cave on a planet that needs to be found before explored

- A Kerbal (Jeb) with a metalic space suit with a lightning bolt emblazoned on his chest (hey - indulge me!)

- A new engine design that has high thrust AND gimballed. To make sure its not a \'cheat\' part, it will weigh and cost more.

- A new SRB that is half the size, cost and weight as existing SRB\'s.

This list could go on forever. You could make packs of DLC. I\'d pay for that. :)

Oh, and to answer the original question, No, the provided list has little that interests me. #2 maybe and I\'m not sure what #3 and #4 are.

What about doing something similar to Microsoft\'s FSX? A regular version and a deluxe version of the game. Where the deluxe has more planes (parts), missions (Maybe a whole new game objective) and the ability to create missions.

I\'m not a fan of paid downloadable content though.

1. Worthless, can be obtained free from anyone who kept backups.

2. Less than the cost of transcontinental delivery, but yes if i was closer.

3, 4. No use to me.

Paying per-item for little extra things in game just sound rude, but that\'s for me.

Toys sound like the best idea - part models from KSP, which can be clicked together like legos to make the rockets flown like in game.

That could sell well regardless of KSP familiarity, and would also be fun additions to the KSP fans or their kids.

1. Worthless, can be obtained free from anyone who kept backups.

Chapter 2, yes, but this gives versions 0.1 - 0.6; versions never released to public.

3, 4. No use to me.

Paying per-item for little extra things in game just sound rude, but that\'s for me.

These aren\'t things in-game. This is code that other developers or plugin makers could use.

Chapter 2, yes, but this gives versions 0.1 - 0.6; versions never released to public.
Ah, missed that.

Chapter 1 might be interesting, but not worth paying for, IMO.

These aren\'t things in-game. This is code that other developers or plugin makers could use.
These are two separate lines :)

3 and 4. I don\'t work with Unity, so the code is useless to me.

5. I don\'t like extra paid downloadable content, so i won\'t bother paying for it.

I\'d pay for something in-game that is not in demo/stock. Some idea\'s:

- A blazing red KSP logo painted down the side of my rocket stack.

- A stylised fairing with a neat opening animation

- A launch pad with spot lights highlighting my craft that sweep left/right (slowly)

- A hidden subterranean cave on a planet that needs to be found before explored

- A Kerbal (Jeb) with a metalic space suit with a lightning bolt emblazoned on his chest (hey - indulge me!)

- A new engine design that has high thrust AND gimballed. To make sure its not a \'cheat\' part, it will weigh and cost more.

- A new SRB that is half the size, cost and weight as existing SRB\'s.

This list could go on forever. You could make packs of DLC. I\'d pay for that. :)

What!? This isn\'t a valve game! ;)

What!? This isn\'t a valve game! ;)

What? ValvE don\'t do that... The only game with many microtransactions is TF2, which was basically their experiment business model. And besides, all the stuff you can buy can also be obtained in-game!

Please dont go the 'DLC is c00l' way KSP team, Physical stuff that\'s great but in game stuff no way.

Just like Valve does it, they do sell physical stuff, but every DLC they make is free (on PC) and that\'s why a lot of people love them as a developer, including me.