mechanical things - piston car

klond

I wanted just a little more exposure than kerbalx alone, so I'm posting here for your viewing pleasure.

Lots of things going on here - full steering rack with steering wheel, a rear axle with coupler, 2x gear stepdown.  Even found a spot to put a fuel tank.  No mods.

The worst thing?  Steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car. :) 

video

zwhrjfJ.jpg

nSGiFQk.jpg

ytQMRHv.jpg

piston car

Thank you all for looking.  Your comments have really helped justify the time it took to complete.  Quite the ego boost.

Alot of the parts ideas are borrowed.  Majorjim was using the antenna for stuff before I even got here.  Erasmusguy, I swear I saw him make gear teeth with them, so it really was a community effort in discovering what parts can do.

Majorjim, I don't post on reddit, although I do read it.  Feel free to post on my behalf for that sweet karma.

4 minutes ago, Azimech said:

You can use my clutch if you like :-) But wait for 1.2, the wheels can't handle it right now.

A 2 speed gearbox would be hot.

I tried to do 4wd, too complicated for me.  I tried to do a real differential - was too floppy and I abandoned it - the frame already flexes under it's own weight.  I had spent so much time with the current features I just had to close it up and call it good.  Still overjoyed with the result.  We can always do more later.

I need a little break and I'll probably pause on car stuff and work on something else.  I haven't left the runway in so long.

Just now, klond said:

Thank you all for looking.  Your comments have really helped justify the time it took to complete.  Quite the ego boost.

Alot of the parts ideas are borrowed.  Majorjim was using the antenna for stuff before I even got here.  Erasmusguy, I swear I saw him make gear teeth with them, so it really was a community effort in discovering what parts can do.

Majorjim, I don't post on reddit, although I do read it.  Feel free to post on my behalf for that sweet karma.

I have only just started posting stuff there recently. I think I will only post videos as it is a massive boost having that many eyes to view my YT vids.

I may post a link there of your craft soon though mate. It's worth a look. Start a profile there if you have time though. It will be worth it I think.

I really look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

• 4 weeks later...

I am honored (and slightly embarrassed) to be temporarily stickied.  There's a lot of good people on here.  'Really diggin' all the submarines and carriers lately.

I wanna mention the awesomeness that is KerbalX.  Please support @katateochi here.

Don't forget to buy KSP stuff so the updates keep coming.

Piston engine thread is here.

Edited by klond

On 9/4/2016 at 7:57 PM, klond said:

I wanted just a little more exposure than kerbalx alone, so I'm posting here for your viewing pleasure.

Lots of things going on here - full steering rack with steering wheel, a rear axle with coupler, 2x gear stepdown.  Even found a spot to put a fuel tank.  No mods.

The worst thing?  Steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car. :) 

video

[images]

piston car

WOW, somebody finally found a use for piston engines in KSP! HOORAY

Edited by TheDestroyer111

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.