My Vacation to Disney

HoloYolo

Where have I been for the last week? From the title, it should be pretty obvious. My family of 4 (including me) took the long 14 hour drive to Disney World to spend a week in Coronado Springs, a Mexican/South Western themed hotel near Animal Kingdom. Let me just say that we all had fun, and me and my brother managed to put aside our differences until the drive home. The World Showcase in Epcot is awesome. Japan has to be my favorite country there. The Teppan Edo restaurant where they cook food right in front of you was amazing. I also tried sushi there, it didn't go very well. The "Hurricane" barely had an effect on us, the most it did was make us rained in for a few hours. We had fun at the parks, the dinners were good, my brother was good. We also hit NO traffic on the way down or up. We got so lucky driving. The DC-Richmond corridor had no traffic (which shocked us all, there's always traffic there), and we hit our hotel in Georgia 3 hours early, which was great. The vacation and travel were overall great. I'm glad we got to go.

1 hour ago, cubinator said:

Oh well, Disney is fun too. There's always that Mars ride at Epcot with the centrifuge.

I liked it just a hair more when there was no alternative to the centrifuge, and the line was never more than 15 minutes, and usually 5 :D

Fantastic ride though.

I always enjoy visiting there though. It's been a favorite vacation destination for my family for a long time.

We're planning a trip out there in the next couple of years, when our youngest is 48" tall. Crazy expensive, especially when you're coming from the other side of the country. My wife and kids will probably drive out and then I'll fly out and meet them on the first day, save on airfare that way. And, yes, a day at KSC is mandatory. 

When I went to Disney years ago, my family decided to visit every park except Epcot. As you can imagine it was a bit of a bummer.

I hear they used to have a ride there that felt like you were on a Viking ship sailing to Newfoundland, but it was replaced with (of all things) a Frozen ride. Bad trade if you ask me.

1 hour ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I hear they used to have a ride there that felt like you were on a Viking ship sailing to Newfoundland, but it was replaced with (of all things) a Frozen ride. Bad trade if you ask me.

Eh from what I see its the same ride, they just changed animatronics. 

6 hours ago, Parv Kerman said:

Ehhh Animatronics????

(I'm saying this because I've never been there!)

Like five nights at freddys right?

Actually Disney has some pretty nice ones. Of course one of their best doesn't even work anymore. (look up the disco yeti)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.