A thread for Composers!

FlyingCola

Real nice thread! Unfortunately I have nothing of what I have recorded on video, only some mp3 files dusted down on my hdd, audio recordings done in Cakewalk some 20 years ago. I am not a natural born sound engineer what with my ears blasted from rehearsals in concrete bunkers and going to countless concerts :D I'll see if I can find some pieces worth uploading to a file host.

Really good quality to that piece there. Way better than I ever managed.

Ok I found a few tracks. They are not final products in any way but sketches to help me remember how they go, so sound can be sub par.

A few words: Turn down the volume of your speakers/headphones as I won't guarantee anything if you don't. Then turn the volume up to a reasonable level. You might want to fiddle with the equalizer too on some of these. For Winamp users, the eq. preset "live" seems to work fairly well on the tracks riff 1 and riff 2.

The track "a melody" has a very low volume.

There is a great deal of noise on several tracks except for riff 1 and riff 2. That's how cakewalk wanted it when I plugged in all these different amps and effects.

Anyway, enough chatter:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yjbo7nng98brhh5/AADj1zGtp--s4-qr2SxZ7uGCa?dl=0

26 minutes ago, LN400 said:

Ok I found a few tracks. They are not final products in any way but sketches to help me remember how they go, so sound can be sub par.

A few words: Turn down the volume of your speakers/headphones as I won't guarantee anything if you don't. Then turn the volume up to a reasonable level. You might want to fiddle with the equalizer too on some of these. For Winamp users, the eq. preset "live" seems to work fairly well on the tracks riff 1 and riff 2.

The track "a melody" has a very low volume.

There is a great deal of noise on several tracks except for riff 1 and riff 2. That's how cakewalk wanted it when I plugged in all these different amps and effects.

Anyway, enough chatter:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yjbo7nng98brhh5/AADj1zGtp--s4-qr2SxZ7uGCa?dl=0

Really nice! I see you're more torwards guitar and stuff. Really enjoyable! What's the software you used again?

Just now, FlyingCola said:

Really nice! I see you're more torwards guitar and stuff. Really enjoyable! What's the software you used again?

For all except riff 1&2 I used the last cakewalk that came out. For those two riffs I borrowed my bro's pc home studio but I can't remember the name right now.

And yeah :) I grew up with and on guitars. Always been the main instrument, and I am a hopeless guitar music nutter :D

Hm, I wonder if I can find any of my old tracks?  I'll have to keep an eye out :P

Edit: Found some of my old MIDIs... forgot those even existed lol

Haven't found the song I was looking for yet tho...

Edited by Slam_Jones

LOL I think I found some of my old stuff...  To give you an idea how old, they were posted on MySpace in 2007 xD

This was my, err, "Techno" phase, so please forgive the stupid Meme names :)  Well, except for the first track "Awakening," which is decidedly orchestral.

I have since grabbed the audio and re-uploaded them to Youtube, so no one has to remember that MySpace is (or ever was) even a thing.

I'm seriously considering making some silly 8-bit cartoons to go with the music (I'm thinking Wasserbuffel first, with a pixelated Buffalo running around and saving princesses, shooting lasers, etc)

If I remember correctly, I actually used 3 programs to put the music together.  One for the synth voices (Encore), one for the drums (I forget which program), and one to stitch them together (Audacity, I think).

I still have lots of other stuff, but I think it'll be a bit harder to find... >.>

Anyway, the songs I uploaded are below in the spoiler.  I think they might make for some good video game music.

Edited by Slam_Jones

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.