Ksp need help for orbiting Titan (RO+RSS)

I have captured saturn. And 5100 delta V left on my vessel. I want to capture and orbit Titan. 

titan-3.png

The deltaV chart states that I need to burn 3 km/s for capture and 0.6km/s for orbit around Titan.

However:

titan-2.jpg

In game I could capture Titan with 0.27 km/s delta v. But the problem is I need to burn 5,0km/s for orbit (not even circular).

Do I really have to burn 5.0 km/s for orbiting Titan or how can I lower this to 3.0km/s as stated in delta V chart ? 

note: the vessel is not capable for aerobraking.

Edited by berkekrkn

I don't use RSS, but generally the difference may be based on your starting orbit, and/or the angle at which you approach the target moon.  The delta v charts generally assuming "capture" means a highly elliptical orbit with a low periapsis and an apoapsis just inside the edge of the SOI.  The bigger issue might be how you approach the moon.  As a extreme example, if you come up on a mun in the opposite direction of your orbit, the capture burn would be huge.  Conversely, if you get close to tangent to the moon's orbit in the correct direction, the capture will be much cheaper.  Something like hitting the moon at a 90 degree angle would be somewhere in the middle, but more expensive than you want.  

One other thing comes to mind - gravity assists.  They're great in the Jool system in stock, so I'd assume they'd work well with Jupiter or Saturn if you're not in a hurry.  Since you've already captured they won't help with that, but you might be able to bring your apo and peri more in line with Titan's orbit, which will reduce capture speed.  

17 minutes ago, Aegolius13 said:

I don't use RSS, but generally the difference may be based on your starting orbit, and/or the angle at which you approach the target moon.  The delta v charts generally assuming "capture" means a highly elliptical orbit with a low periapsis and an apoapsis just inside the edge of the SOI.  The bigger issue might be how you approach the moon.  As a extreme example, if you come up on a mun in the opposite direction of your orbit, the capture burn would be huge.  Conversely, if you get close to tangent to the moon's orbit in the correct direction, the capture will be much cheaper.  Something like hitting the moon at a 90 degree angle would be somewhere in the middle, but more expensive than you want.  

One other thing comes to mind - gravity assists.  They're great in the Jool system in stock, so I'd assume they'd work well with Jupiter or Saturn if you're not in a hurry.  Since you've already captured they won't help with that, but you might be able to bring your apo and peri more in line with Titan's orbit, which will reduce capture speed.  

I didn't know capture means eliptical orbit, Probably that was the problem thanks for the answer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.