[1.1.3] PWB Fuel Balancer - Revived!, 07 Sep 2016

Papa_Joe

On 11/09/2016 at 4:46 PM, Papa_Joe said:

2.  The COM movement key issues appear not to be a bug, so much as a "frame of reference" issue.  As you know in the Editor, when placing a part, you can use the WASD and QE keys to change the orientation of a part when placing.  Note also that these keys do not respect a particular viewpoint.  They are anchored to the VAB or SPH in a specific way.  

I will look into whether or not it is possible to use the node positioning of the balancer part as an anchor point, but as it is if you understand the default behavior it should work "consistently".

using the PWB part as reference to save the COG position could be great ( after decoupling for ex., or a ship with moving partinfernal robotic), but displaying the direction up/down.. by using the "controlled from here" part  direction (or the root one by default if no control part just in case) a bit like the RCS toggle do actually?

Edited by Skalou

25 minutes ago, Skalou said:

using the PWB part as reference to save the COG position could be great ( after decoupling for ex., or a ship with moving partinfernal robotic), but displaying the direction up/down.. by using the "controlled from here" part  direction (or the root one by default if no control part just in case) a bit like the RCS toggle do actually?

I was also thinking that a mouse based approach might work as well... using Shift and Ctrl for y and X axis lock while making changes with the mouse.  Don't know if I can, but only one way to find out.

Edited by Papa_Joe

18 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

I was also thinking that a mouse based approach might work as well... using Shift an Ctrl for y and X axis lock while making changes with the mouse.  Don't know if I can, but only one way to find out.

or using an exponential slider to increase/decrease and a case where we can see and edit the value manualy?

i29sU7d.png

KSP 1.2 pr Update:

I've recompiled into KSP 1.2 pr.  I have a couple of issues to address (may have been leftover from the 1.1.3 compile), but it seems to be balancing.

I'll keep you all posted as I get this updated.

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 3/29/2018 at 12:31 AM, Papa_Joe said:

Ok, I've neglected this mod long enough.  Time to resurrect it.  KSP 1.4.2 is out and i'm touching all of my mods, so I'll get with the program...

@Papa_Joe I saw that this mod hadn't been updated since 1.1.3, and it wasn't working in 1.5.  I've gotten it working in 1.5, and was wondering if you are going to continue;  if not, I'd be happy to adopt it. 

Please let me know, I sent you a PM  back on Nov. 7, which is still unread

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.