The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

I like the experiment storage box idea. Also, the control limitations with power. At some point, it will be necessary to upgrade the ground relay stations with more powerful antennas. This means (hopefully) we'll finally have a use for those cargo plane parts.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE Train!

Just now, GoSlash27 said:

I like the experiment storage box idea. Also, the control limitations with power. At some point, it will be necessary to upgrade the ground relay stations with more powerful antennas. This means (hopefully) we'll finally have a use for those cargo plane parts.

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE Train!

The hype is real. It's so real you might call it fake. But it might be so fake you might call it real.

But seriously, HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE.

12 hours ago, Andem said:

If those suits actually make it into the game, I'll be overjoyed. I also won't give a single excrements about the damn engines anymore. HYYYYYPE!

Andem,

Sorry, but they don't appear to be in the demos I've seen.

Maybe someday..

-Slashy

3 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Andem,

Sorry, but they don't appear to be in the demos I've seen.

Maybe someday..

-Slashy

Those are now quite old suit models that are very high detail and would lag a lot in game. I would love a space suit remodel by Porkjet, but the one used for cinematics and renders would not do well in game.

Oh yeah, we may not have Porkjet's reworked engines, but the Puff engine and Linear 1-way RCS port have been reskinned (or remodeled).  The Puff now looks much like the Space Shuttle's AJ-10 OMS engine, and the Linear RCS's nozzle resembles that of the 4-way RCS.

Oh, and RCS sounds have been added as well, plus the plume has been changed. :)

@Claw's reworked SAS is a joy to behold! 

And the wheels are indeed fixed!

Edited by Laguna

[Stream]: Even faster loading time. (10-15 second load time)

[Stream]: More Game Difficulty settings, including Comm Network, Advanced Settings, and Moddability for the Game Difficulty Settings Panel.

[Stream]: Quicksaving and Quickloading from KSC.

[Stream]: Weighted Contracts. Refuse Duna Contracts = Get Less Duna Contracts.

[Stream]: Some parts have been changed in their purpose.

[Stream]: O-10 "Puff" Monoprop Engine has been revamped, as has the little one-way RCS thruster. The Puff is now significantly larger.

[Stream]: 5 different Antennas. Antennas break in the atmo.

[Stream]: Advanced Tweakables: More Micromanagement, appears to be a system for changing the fuel flow among other things. It has to be enabled in settings.

-[Stream]: Parachutes can be set to Deploy Immediately, Deploy when Risky, Deploy when Safe.

-[Stream]: Autostrut allows for more rigid noodle rockets. Strut to Root Part or Heaviest Part.

-[Stream]: Aim Camera tool to point and click and any part! Aim at the launch clamps or other vessel's parts and still control yours.

-[Stream]: Limit Pitch/Roll/Yaw for engines. (Was that actually new?)

[Stream]: Upgradeable parts in Career?

[Stream]: Quit to Main Menu from Flight.

[Stream]: Better, rewritten Aerodynamics. Seems to be more like FAR. Whole vessel shape taken into account, not just the individual parts.

[Stream]: More Debug Menu Options.

-[Stream]: Stock Set Orbit tool. Default sets you to 87km Kerbin Orbit. Allow with rendezvous with asteroids or vessels. It's SemiMajorAxis, not Altitude. You have to account for the radius of the planet.

-[Stream]: Create Kerbals. Heck yes! No more config kerjiggering. Let's hope TextureReplacer mod will be able to modify this menu. You can even set them to be an orange suited Veteran, for some reason.

-[Stream]: Hack Gravity allows you to set the gravity to whatever you want. All the way from 0 to 10 Gees.

[Stream]: Experiment Storage Box. No longer require a Kerbal to go EVA to collect all the science from a vessel. It's a box-like shape. I hope we see a mod very soon that will give us a little conical capsule shaped return box.

[Stream, Matt Lowne]: When you are out of comm range, you have limited probe control of the ship. Staging, SAS Autopilot, Science, and 100/0 percent throttle.

[Matt Lowne]: You can have probes hibernate to conserve power, like how we used to limit battery consumption in the past.

[Stream]: Planets and Moons will block communication. This is based on the celestial body sphere, not the terrain, and distant bodies will not block. (Mun will not block you at Duna)

[Stream]: Ground Stations linked to Tracking Station Upgrades, and they seem to be fictitious locations rather than anything aboveground.

[Stream]: Looks like all cockpits and command pods have light-up windows now.

[Stream]: Remote Guidance Units (circular probe cores) can be used in conjunction with Kerbal Pilots to control distant probe vessels.

[Stream]: Hissing Sounds and new beautiful plumes for RCS.

[Matt Lowne, Stream]: Antennas are based upon power, not range. Power = (Antenna 1 times Antenna 2)0.5

[Matt Lowne]: The best way to get science from an experiment is to recover, but having a good comms network can improve transmission value.

[Stream]: EVA Kerbal Changes

-[Stream]: Jetpack thruster plumes changed.

-[Stream]: SAS can be toggled on EVA to remove the Automatic Orientation to Camera.

-[Stream]: Kerbals seem to be a bit more wobbly, I hope this is fixed.

[Stream]: Better Center of Lift/Pressure and Mass indicators for Spaceplanes.

[Stream]: Wheels seem to work just fine now, even the problematic small wheels.

[Stream]: KerbNet works on Plane Cockpits as well.

[Stream]: A new Inline Antenna that will not break in the atmo. 3x heavier than the Communotron 16, won't break, same antenna characteristics.

[Stream]: Lander Legs do not explode anymore. Kerbals will walk through them. Looks a little hacky tbh, but I guess it works. Danny is no doubt gonna find something fun with it.

[Stream]: The green notification text looks a lot prettier.

[Stream]: New Water Physics. Doesn't "Bounce up and down and freak out." Kerbals now stay above water.

[Stream]: Something about relay logic.

[Me]: Really, this CommNet stuff is really a gamechanger. But it's not gamechangey enough. We should have gotten life support as well, and have a life support/relay dichotomy that makes each have advantages and disadvantages.

[Stream]: Best transmitter goes just about out to Eeloo, but it can be modified to allow OPM, RSS, and the like to work.

[Stream]: Akinesis Gaming is done, The Read Panda is coming up next.

[Stream]: The Rover Wheels work a lot better.

Edited by GregroxMun

12 minutes ago, Laguna said:

Oh, and RCS sounds have been added as well, plus the plume has been changed. :)

Finally! Was a bit annoying to always have a mod for that, and the plumes reaaaaally could use some work.

18 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

LOTSASTUFF

Thank you, saves us a lot of time!

28 minutes ago, Diche Bach said:

Sounds fantastic. Being able to walk THROUGH lander legs will be such a great change of pace from bumping in to their phantom force field and being propelled into a ballistic trajaectory half way across Mun . . . :sticktongue: and NONN-EXPLOUDING lahnder laegs on tawp of thaet? Ayee! aet saounds pahsuteevly marrvallus *hmmm, I seem to have started to channel @Scott Manley there for some reason . . . weird*

Please do not quote the whole post.

18 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

I'm somewhat concerned that the new probe network will actually make people less likely to use probes. Whilst I personally like the idea, I expect that some players will see it just as another reason to prioritize crewed missions.

Of course some people will. Others will just turn it off, and others yet will be more likely to use probes thanks to the CommNet. It is a change in the game, and those invariably lead to people changing the way they play the game. That's neither good nor bad inherently, just life. So no need to be concerned, although you are allowed to be if you like it. :wink:

3 minutes ago, Frybert said:

@Diche Bach could you please snip long quotes like that? I'm not speaking as a moderator at the moment of course, only as a mobile user. :)

Sorry about that. I normally spoiler large things, but it skipped my mind. Don't browse by mobile much myself; do spoiler sections come through okay on most platforms or is snipping really the way to go?

Argh . . . my BBCode-Fu fail huge. Anyway, the giant chunk I was using is gone and pretty much everything I said is here in one form or another so, all is good. The cyber-archaeologists of 10,000 years hence will enjoy deciphering it all I'm sure . . .

Darn.

So, who again said Squad can't beat mods when it comes to features? :P

I was recently building some ships, and it really bothered me that we didn't have enough inline storage. Now, if we could procedurally change the fairing bases size...

Edited by Temeter