The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

9 minutes ago, Andem said:

Do you suggest I go make a "Like All Updates it's a Mixed Bag But I'm Still Excited Train" thread? :sticktongue: Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely still very hyped for this update, but I was also pretty hyped for No Man's Sky Lie, and I think everyone knows how that turned out.

Andem,
 I'm not suggesting you do anything at all. Make another thread, or not, or whatever. I'm just saying that if you complain on the Hype Train, you shouldn't be surprised or take it personally when your complaints fall on deaf ears. People aren't in this thread to complain or address your concerns, they're here to party.

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

1 minute ago, Temeter said:

Since the question came up from go slash and seemed to get a bit lost, do we lose contanct on launching rockets?

I remember that being a real issue with remotesat. Of course, you still alway had manual control at least over your orientation, because the mod couldn't cut that control.

The built in antenna that all pods and probes have, and the level 1 TC are enough to ensure that a vessel on Kerbin's surface or launched into LKO will have control.  

1 minute ago, Temeter said:

Since the question came up from go slash and seemed to get a bit lost, do we lose contanct on launching rockets?

Sroll up to roverdude's post with the map: There are sufficient built in tracking centers to ensure a probe will never lose contact with Kerbin if they can see Kerbin (i.e. are not occluded by another planetary body).

So you can lose track if you get behind the moon, or out of range, but just launching to a low orbit should be no problem. (Personally I'd like if there were a few gaps, over oceans or the poles, but hey... can't satisfy everybody.)

2 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

The built in antenna that all pods and probes have, and the level 1 TC are enough to ensure that a vessel on Kerbin's surface or launched into LKO will have control.  

Thanks, I see. I guess Kerbins smaller size means you'll get much faster to high altitudes compared to Real Solar System.

Although I wouldn't mind making a manned launch to drop off the first communication satellites into orbit around Kerbin. Would feel quite Kerbal! :D

3 minutes ago, Laie said:

Sroll up to roverdude's post with the map: There are sufficient built in tracking centers to ensure a probe will never lose contact with Kerbin if they can see Kerbin (i.e. are not occluded by another planetary body).

So you can lose track if you get behind the moon, or out of range, but just launching to a low orbit should be no problem. (Personally I'd like if there were a few gaps, over oceans or the poles, but hey... can't satisfy everybody.)

Thing was, in Real Solar System you got actual holes, because earth is just so huge. Probably not an issue on Kerbin since you get faster up in relation to planet size (10 times smaller planet, 2/3rd atmosphere).

That's not to say I don't mind challenges!

3 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

First thing I'm gonna do once I have suitable tech is put up terrain mapping sats so I can find all of the anomalies for further inspection.

Best,
-Slashy

Good point, we can do that too now. Of course I'll also want to visit some tracking station and check how rigid they are, if you know what I mean. >:D

You know, I originally just sait to myself 'I'm not gonna start a new carrier for this prerelease beta, sandbox is fine', but the new game elements sound so interesting I might just start one. Played of course with stuff like remotetech and scansat, but that was mostly in RSS, where you usually don't do much beyond mars and venus.

Speaking of Scansat, I'm curious how remotech might profit from those changes!

Edited by Temeter

3 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

@RoverDude,

Sorry for pestering you again :D

Do you know if the anomalies will be unique biomes for science collection purposes? Yes/ no/ can't say?

I'll let you get back to what you're doing.

Thanks,
-Slashy

If he doesn't tell you, then it's at least not that hard to find out. You now get percentages in your science library, showing you in how many of the planets biomes you've done an experiment. Of course satellites now detect biomes.

Edited by Temeter

6 minutes ago, Temeter said:

If he doesn't tell you, then it's at least not that hard to find out.

Temeter,
 I'll be a bad journalist on this one. Any answer that's not a definitive "no" will be taken as "yes" :D

"maybe" = "yes"

"that's classified" = "absolutely"

"no comment" = "guaranteed"... :D

*edit*... but I will accept "I don't know" as "I don't know"

-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

2 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Temeter,
 I'll be a bad journalist on this one. Any answer that's not a definitive "no" will be taken as "yes" :D

"maybe" = "yes"

"that's classified" = "absolutely"

"no comment" = "guaranteed"... :D

-Slashy

This is a completely reasonable and diverse range of expectations and I totally cannot see any reason why you shouldn't apply it.

Don't trust clear confirmations tho. They're iffy.

Edited by Temeter

3 minutes ago, Temeter said:

This is a completely reasonable and diverse range of expectations and I totally cannot see any reason why you shouldn't apply it.

Don't trust clear confirmations tho. They're iffy.

Temeter,
 Yeah... if he says "yes" with a wink, I'm screwed... :(

-Slashy

4 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Thankfully, that's not literal (NTTAWTT)

-Slashy

You can never know. Did you ever meet someone that was able to return after getting that answer?

See?

Maybe It's just like the thing with the video casette and the black haired girl. First you watch some creepy movie thinking nothing, and suddenly a roverdude comes crawling out of your TV!

Edited by Temeter

Yeah lets stop being stupid and do the reasonable thing SGWAD PLX TELL HOW LONG UNTIL BETA

2 minutes ago, Yellowburn10 said:

Hey, I just had a thought. If we have satellites and probes out for communications and such, would there be something stopping the contract system from asking you to move them? So far I don't think this has been brought up much.

Pretty sure there are already basic contracts for moving stuff. Not that reliable tho.

4 minutes ago, Yellowburn10 said:

Hey, I just had a thought. If we have satellites and probes out for communications and such, would there be something stopping the contract system from asking you to move them? So far I don't think this has been brought up much.

Yellowburn,
 Nothing that I've seen to prevent them asking. There's definitely something that would prevent me from accepting, tho'.
Best,
-Slashy

Just now, GoSlash27 said:

Yellowburn,
 Nothing that I've seen to prevent them asking. There's definitely something that would prevent me from accepting, tho'.
Best,
-Slashy

True, true. I just see it as a potential issue for people who play career with a penalty for declining contracts. But I guess they could just let them expire was well...

3 minutes ago, Yellowburn10 said:

True, true. I just see it as a potential issue for people who play career with a penalty for declining contracts. But I guess they could just let them expire was well...

Yeah, that's what I do; just let sucky contracts expire. I never outright decline a contract. I hear they're adding a new mechanic whereby declining a contract will result in less contracts of that type being offered.

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

7 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Yeah, that's what I do; just let sucky contracts expire. I never outright decline a contract. I hear they're adding a new mechanic whereby declining a contract will result in less contracts of that type being offered.

Best,
-Slashy

Was that not added in 1.1?

I don't play career so I wouldn't know :P

9 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

Was that not added in 1.1?

I don't play career so I wouldn't know :P

nosirrbro,

I honestly don't know. It may have been. If it was, I didn't notice it working in the background. Not sure I would've, since I don't decline contracts.

Sorry,
-Slashy

In the meantime... THIS HYPE TRAIN STOPS FOR NO MAN!

Charlie stole the handle and the train, it won't stop goin', no way to slow down!

Edited by GoSlash27