The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

2 minutes ago, Nerfclasher said:

Looking like the hype is weak we should be at page 1000

Yeah, ever since the hypoterrorists bombed the hypeline, we've been getting lower-caliber hype than standard.

8 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

Sorry, really not sure where some of the stuff in the OP is coming from. It's not in 1.2...

The stuff in the OP is stuff that I have seen or heard from the livestream marathon, almost all stuff that has actually been said by the streamer. (Mostly the first one by AkinesisGaming) Can you tell me which ones are not true so I can remove them?

Edited by GregroxMun

Only thing I'm seeing that has been denied is '[Stream]: Upgradeable parts in Career? '

That's just something for modders now, has been said. Also don't know if it's just stats upgrades, or maybe even partmodules getting added.

EDIT: Didn't see this one on streams?

[Stream]: Better Center of Lift/Pressure and Mass indicators for Spaceplanes.

Edited by Temeter

7 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Only thing I'm seeing that has been denied is '[Stream]: Upgradeable parts in Career? '

That's just something for modders now, has been said. Also don't know if it's just stats upgrades, or maybe even partmodules getting added.

EDIT: Didn't see this one on streams?

[Stream]: Better Center of Lift/Pressure and Mass indicators for Spaceplanes.

The full option setting name is "Allow Part Upgrades In Sandbox", and was explained by @NathanKell and/or @Arsonide as being a hook for career-altering mods that let you upgrade part stats after you unlock them; presumably the setting is to make these upgraded parts available in Sandbox as well.

@GregroxMun I can't go through the whole list, but for example I merely tweaked how taper angle on a part is translated into Cd, I did not rewrite the drag model let alone deal with drag on a vessel rather than part basis. Nothing changed with the CoL or mass indicators and we certainly haven't added a CoP indicator. Part upgrades work but we have not yet made use of them for existing parts, it's a balance question.

54 minutes ago, Crocket said:

Yeah, ever since the hypoterrorists bombed the hypeline, we've been getting lower-caliber hype than standard.

And even that has had price hikes making hype unaffordable for the poor, and to be used much more sparingly for those who can afford it.

34 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

@GregroxMun I can't go through the whole list, but for example I merely tweaked how taper angle on a part is translated into Cd, I did not rewrite the drag model let alone deal with drag on a vessel rather than part basis. Nothing changed with the CoL or mass indicators and we certainly haven't added a CoP indicator. Part upgrades work but we have not yet made use of them for existing parts, it's a balance question.

That fits what I've heard and seen. Might be false conjecture or misremembered.

Was almost afraid you'd say something like 'nah, fuelflow isn't yet here'. xD

Edited by Temeter

https://steamdb.info/app/220200/depots/

Uh oh, the prerelease option has been locked when previously today, less than an hour ago, it wasn't. Preparation for prerelease!

HYPE!

I now expect prerelease by tomorrow, if I didn't expect it by today or tomorrow previously (which I did)...

Edited by LaytheDragon

I'm really looking forward to the quality of play improvements that impact development of infrastructure. So far we have:

More stable orbits for stations

Better landing legs for surface bases

Better wheels for rovers

Optimizations allowing even higher part counts

Bring on the hype!

9 minutes ago, LaytheDragon said:

https://steamdb.info/app/220200/depots/

Uh oh, the prerelease option has been locked when it previously today, less than an hour ago, it wasn't. Preparation for prerelease!

HYPE!

I now expect prerelease by tomorrow, if I didn't expect it by today or tomorrow previously (which I did)...

yep, in my branches it has no 1.1 prerelease :D:D:D:D

2 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

Is this real?

I'll tell you in 35 minutes.

(And no, it's not real unless you're in the prerelease branch already, or if they unlock it. Right click in Steam, properties, Betas, see if Prerelease is an option and then GO GO GO if it is).

8 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I was already in the prerelease branch (Foresight!) and...

...IT'S DOWNLOADING SOMETHING NOW

(of course I'm on mobile so it'll not only chew up my data, it'll take over 30 minutes to download)

The only other option is 'previous stable release' tho.