The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

Just now, LaytheDragon said:

Another scratchpad update a minute ago... Maybe the update will be any minute now, or half-an-hour, if not tomorrow (I expect tomorrow as being more reasonable, but am hyping possibly sooner)

Scratchpad doesn't mean anything except that they are working.  They update scratchpad throughout development.  The fact that they locked pre-release however may mean they are getting it ready.

1 minute ago, W. Kerman said:

When will this be ready to use for the general public? I'm a bit late, but... TOOT TOOT!

SoonTM

16 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

the hype died........................ as did the updates to prerelease. RELEASE NOW PLOX

wait a moment, it is possible, although however unlikely, that this means they have found a build that they are somewhat happy with (at least for an hour).... this could be it, or it could be that squad is offline for the day..........

6 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Just getting out to give the hype train a bit of a shove.....

Hhmmmmffffffff.....

There, that extra 2ms delta V should help a bit. 

This reminds me of the ways in which Kerbal fandom has changed my life. I now find myself making jokes that would make Sheldon Cooper giggle; exclamations along the lines of "Man, those Delta IV's have some major delta-v!"

Also, whenever I start a youtube video in the back of my head all I can hear is a Scottish accented voice saying "Hhhuuuullloooooooo!!!"

Too bad Mexico City Dominos are all closed or we could try to send Squad a late night pizza, we still owe them one (or several) from like .25 or something. This still needs to be done, and we need to demand that they arrange the toppings into Kerbals using jalapenos and olives or something.

Hmmmm..

All this interest in the build up to release and the 'will they, won't they, are they getting ready to...' discussion reminds me of my childhood in the cold war era.  I grew up in between two Vulcan bomber bases, not far off the flight path for one, so these things were always on our minds once old enough to have some sort of understanding.

...The Russians are having another military 'exercise' near the East German border.  Is it a genuine exercise, or are they just posturing or is it a build up to something bigger, and will they actually invade?

Of course the situation here is reversed, we hope/know that 1.2 (pre-release) will be released fairly soon and are in eager anticipation of that.  Back then though we hoped they wouldn't and were in fear in case they did.  The sense of anticipation seems remarkably similar though.

There are some changes coming!! 

According to Steamdb:

Opt-in pre-release has been changed (about 4hours ago from this post's time)

and QA build and staging area has been updated  (about 12mins ago from this post's time)

***Hype intensify***

3 minutes ago, monstah said:

For the last three pages of this thread I have no idea what y'all blabbing about. Is the beta out or no?

This is a bit like kremlinology, but let me try anyway...

1. It is not out yet
  2. There are signs in Steam that beta is being prepared for pre-release

23 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

Someone remind me how to opt-in to the Betas on Steam, please. I did this for the 1.1 releases but I don't recall now. Do we need a code? There's no Opt In option on the Betas tab.

No, it should pop up as a selectable option in the Beta tab of your ksp install on Steam.

6 hours ago, pandaman said:

Hmmmm..

All this interest in the build up to release and the 'will they, won't they, are they getting ready to...' discussion reminds me of my childhood in the cold war era.  I grew up in between two Vulcan bomber bases, not far off the flight path for one, so these things were always on our minds once old enough to have some sort of understanding.

...The Russians are having another military 'exercise' near the East German border.  Is it a genuine exercise, or are they just posturing or is it a build up to something bigger, and will they actually invade?

Of course the situation here is reversed, we hope/know that 1.2 (pre-release) will be released fairly soon and are in eager anticipation of that.  Back then though we hoped they wouldn't and were in fear in case they did.  The sense of anticipation seems remarkably similar though.

Same experience except I lived between ICBM bunkers out in the cornfields of northwest Missouri. It was the occasional tornado warning sirens (also used for the "The Big One is Coming") that got us worked up.

3 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

No, it should pop up as a selectable option in the Beta tab of your ksp install on Steam.

Ah, thanks. I thought that's how it works. I remember having to actually opt back out after 1.1 was released so that the Steam would grab the intermediate hot-fix builds over the next couple days after the supposed "release," since the last official "beta" was earlier than the post 1.1 hot fixes.