The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

7 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Well to me it adds tedium of going in and turning it off on every parachute.

Fair 'nuff, to each his own. 

8 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Honestly though, a serious suggestion (maybe I should put this in the suggestion forums) would be to have a way to right click on a part in the VAB GUI and set a global default for all it's tweakables.  Then every time you grab a new one of that part, it would take those settings and apply them.

Now THAT is an idea I can get behind. Brilliant! 

8 minutes ago, Alshain said:

to have a way to right click on a part in the VAB GUI and set a global default for all it's tweakables.  Then every time you grab a new one of that part, it would take those settings and apply them.

Hey, you edited my idea into your post :<

3 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Imagine we could right click parts on the part list, and then get a box to the right of the info window to set up the default tweakable setting for every single of this part added.~

Would be one way to go about it. Of course gets a bit iffy how to save those standard settings. Losing all of them would be annoying too.

That's exactly what I was saying.  I'm working on a mock-up right now, I'm gonna put this in the suggestion forum since 1.2 is in feature lock and it's doubtful to happen that quick.  Saving would be done outside the craft file and persistence file, it should remember your preference no matter where in the game you are.

3 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Hey, you edited my idea into your post :<

Great minds think alike.

2 minutes ago, Alshain said:

That's exactly what I was saying.  I'm working on a mock-up right now, I'm gonna put this in the suggestion forum since 1.2 is in feature lock and it's doubtful to happen that quick.  Saving would be done outside the craft file and persistence file, it should remember your preference no matter where in the game you are.

You weren't saying it when I was posting :P

But yeah, that would be great. We already have the right klick menu, so that would be a potential place to add another window to it. Just gotta make sure it scales with resolution I guess.

Just now, Temeter said:

You weren't saying it when I was posting :P

But yeah, that would be great. We already have the right klick menu, so that would be a potential place to add another window to it. Just gotta make sure it scales with resolution I guess.

Yeah, I realized that.  We were typing it at the same time, I beat you by a second, so the forum auto-merged my post with the last.  Like I said, Great minds...

15 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Imagine we could right click parts on the part list, and then get a box to the right of the info window to set up the default tweakable setting for every single of this part added.~

Would be one way to go about it. Of course gets a bit iffy how to save those standard settings. Losing all of them would be annoying too.

That's a really cool idea. Though should it be persistent for the save or the entire game? I say entire game (as you're changing them, you probably want it that way everywhere) but I could see people wanting it one way in one game and another way in another.

Maybe a global option for which way you want your global options to oh no I just went cross-eyed.

(Man this thread is moving fast, as I suppose a Hype Train thread should. I see that @Alshain had the same idea s Temeter at the same time. I agree with both of you! :) )

Edited by 5thHorseman

2 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

That's a really cool idea. Though should it be persistent for the save or the entire game? I say entire game (as you're changing them, you probably want it that way everywhere) but I could see people wanting it one way in one game and another way in another.

Maybe a global option for which way you want your global options to oh no I just went cross-eyed.

(Man this thread is moving fast, as I suppose a Hype Train thread should. I see that @Alshain had the same idea s Temeter at the same time. I agree with both of you! :) )

Originally I'd say do it per save... Otoh, stuff like RSS/RO will be it's own install anyway. Guess both is really okay here.

Even if you gotta change settings before building a vehicle it's only a few klicks anyway and might vary from craft to craft.

2 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Originally I'd say do it per save... Otoh, stuff like RSS/RO will be it's own install anyway. Guess both is really okay here.

Even if you gotta change settings before building a vehicle it's only a few klicks anyway and might vary from craft to craft.

I would want it permanently.  To me it's not much different than the game settings, I don't want one screen resolution in one game, and a different one in another game.

27 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I think, if that's really implemented one day, it should be per save game with the option to export and import those settings to other savegames/installs.

This should also be easier to realize than switching between global and per savegame.

But at first we should give them a break!

I'm really looking forward to all of these great new features! Thanks squad!

Exploring will be completely different with new motivations to launch probes to scan for biomes and eggs, which then motivates you to land there targeted, instead of just guessing and landing somewhere.

All the other improvements and challenge to set up comnet are just great too, the game feels more and more complete!

Edited by Kergarin

8 minutes ago, teag2 said:

I got a new computer recently. I'm going to test its limits in 1.2 with a 1000 part ship or something :P

We could watch see some of the performance improvements on stream: EJ_SA had a 300 part ship that only had very occasional, tiny slowdowns. Also, a larger amount of small vehicles seems to be much more benign in terms of performance.

Edited by Temeter

7 minutes ago, teag2 said:

I got a new computer recently. I'm going to test its limits in 1.2 with a 1000 part ship or something :P

Same here, i call this CPU Fry Program. I guess many of us have such a programn. Happy frying :wink:

30 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:
44 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Or, maybe an opportunity for a mod to do it.

2 minutes ago, Mikki said:

Same here, i call this CPU Fry Program. I guess many of us have such a programn. Happy frying :wink:

Before I got KSP, my CPU fry program was Minecraft. I did that by messing with the superflat options to make every single possible space in the world TNT. Then I'd light it and see how long it lasted. 

I want to try this on some government supercomputer :)

1 minute ago, Starhawk said:

The store currently has a link up for the Linux pre-release which, when clicked, takes you to a 'Server Migration' page that says they appreciate our patience while they work on their servers.

Happy hyping!

Maybe they're working just now on their patcher so it works in 3 weeks when the beta hits :^)

8 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

The store currently has a link up for the Linux pre-release which, when clicked, takes you to a 'Server Migration' page that says they appreciate our patience while they work on their servers.

Happy hyping!

I can actually download it!

I need Linux IMMEDIATELY!!!!:D:D:D