The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

13 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Hm, can't you go for a 2 way solution, using the new shaders for the new parts (at least in a more basic form), while keeping the old ones, or is that nonsensical?

I mean, are these parts in the pic using 'exclusive' PBR shaders you wont be able to do in KSP 1.2?

Nope, PBR-shader support is a back-end game-engine thing.  If the game cannot support it (the shader), you cannot use it on -any- parts.

Right now I believe the main problematic part of PBR is reflection probes.  KSP cannot use the 'out-of-the-box' setup for reflection probes, and PBR cannot work without those probes (or rather works very poorly without them, with many features not working at all.. such as reflections).

After PBR-shader support is working/included -- then yes, you could have some parts using the PBR shaders and some parts using the old shaders.  They would look extremely mis-matched if viewed next to eachother though; so if/when they do the switch it will likely be done for all parts rather than piecemeal.

9 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

Nope, PBR-shader support is a back-end game-engine thing.  If the game cannot support it (the shader), you cannot use it on -any- parts.

Right now I believe the main problematic part of PBR is reflection probes.  KSP cannot use the 'out-of-the-box' setup for reflection probes, and PBR cannot work without those probes (or rather works very poorly without them, with many features not working at all.. such as reflections).

After PBR-shader support is working/included -- then yes, you could have some parts using the PBR shaders and some parts using the old shaders.  They would look extremely mis-matched if viewed next to eachother though; so if/when they do the switch it will likely be done for all parts rather than piecemeal.

Thanks, I see. Thing is, are these parts in PBR on the pictures?

1 hour ago, Temeter said:

Look at this. Seems actually quite kerbal, more than I expected (check the color e.g.).

8ZMlyHu.png

Porkjet finished everything, and it's gonna be released as models at the same times as the beta... So if some talented modder wants to...

I feel bad for every modder that has ever attempted to be stockalike.

Those parts are gorgeous. They are all recognisable but are a massive step up from the old parts.

Would be nice if the borders were removed though, so if several were put together they would look like one long tank, rather than several stuck together. 

1 minute ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Opt-In to the latest version of KSP [1.2]. (Warning: Mods will not work unless updated for this version) Build 1333804

15 minutes ago

Looks ready to roll out, just still locked for now

HYPE!!!

2 minutes ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Opt-In to the latest version of KSP [1.2]. (Warning: Mods will not work unless updated for this version) Build 1333804

15 minutes ago

Looks ready to roll out, just still locked for now

2 minutes ago, Frozen_Heart said:

Those parts are gorgeous. They are all recognisable but are a massive step up from the old parts.

Would be nice if the borders were removed though, so if several were put together they would look like one long tank, rather than several stuck together. 

HYPE!!!

I see you guys haven't been following this thread for the past 15 minutes when we noticed it first ... #HypeFail :D