The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

Just now, Renegrade said:

Ah!  Bonjour!  C'est va bien?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada myself :)

I sorta know your pain though - Ontario is basically really just the cable provider vs the phone company (Rogers and Bell), and the cable guys are awful quality wise...but the telephone company hasn't bothered putting in anything past original ADSL in my neighborhood (7-8 megabits down at best) so the cable guys have a local monopoly and don't really bother with service calls or increasing provisioning or anything like that (high density apartment area here with insufficient head modems on the cable network).

Oh ! tu parles français !? Je dois avouer avoir du mal avec l'anglais XD... J'essais de me débrouiller ^^

Toronto is beautiful city !

I know... 

The new rocket parts look perfectly fine ingame to me. Really really nice work! (Of course this is a separate install just to drop the download inside of it, won't bother testing the game on it :) )

9ZJsdGk.png

Edited by Theysen

19 minutes ago, rem0230 said:

Why no mod for pre-release ? 

because Module Manager not recompile or incompatible ?

Because Squad need to know that any bugs players are having (if you're correctly reporting them with logs/reproducability-steps) are stock issues with no interference or outside causes.

6 minutes ago, Theysen said:

The new rocket parts look perfectly fine ingame to me. Really really nice work! (Of course this is a separate install just to drop the download inside of it, won't bother testing the game on it :) )

9ZJsdGk.png

45 minutes ago, Riisos said:

Advanced Tweakables: To check or not to check? I think this adjusts the wheels autostruts, anyone know what else it does?

Not just activating the auto-struts, but the fuel-flow overlay, fuel flow priority adjustment buttons, the previous actuation toggles for RCS and gimbals, and probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting.

If you want to keep things simple, leave Advanced Tweakables off.  Turn it on if you want to...well, tweak things :)

Wait wait wait what is autostrut WHEN DID THAT GET ADDED!?!?

Landing gear/wheels invisibly autostrutting to the heaviest part on a craft was introduced in 1.1.2 as one of the workarounds for the 1.1-Unity 5.2.4 wheel problems.  Soon, this ability was utilized to reinforce large ships and stations by carefully applying landing gear to the appropriate spots.  This became popular with KSP Twitch streamers EJ_SA and Das Valdez, enough so that @NathanKell said that it might not go away in 1.2 when Unity was upgraded to 5.4 and all the workarounds weren't needed.  Turns out that not only was autostrutting kept, it was expanded to all parts and made a "legit" stock feature. :)

Edited by Laguna

39 minutes ago, rem0230 said:

Why no mod for pre-release ? 

because Module Manager not recompile or incompatible ?

Technically nothing's stopping you from installing mods. However if you do, they may not work because of changes in the game and if you have any bugs you'll need to recreate them in a fully stock game to verify they are actual bugs before reporting them.

Squad is putting this release out there to be bug tested. However, nothing's stopping you from just playing it. They won't even know about it.

31 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Technically nothing's stopping you from installing mods. However if you do, they may not work because of changes in the game and if you have any bugs you'll need to recreate them in a fully stock game to verify they are actual bugs before reporting them.

Squad is putting this release out there to be bug tested. However, nothing's stopping you from just playing it. They won't even know about it.

Ok, thanks. 

I try to compile ModuleManager and i have no error... 

Tomorrow, i try with a little mod for test

Wow! I saw Scott Manley, Hazard-ish, and Matt Lowne's previews of this and it looks awesome! The gravity slider will really help for making rovers! But I have to ask...

When are they expecting to make this open to people who bought it on the ksp website? 

Started a new save and played for about 2 hours or so - good stuff here. I blew up some parts, almost killed Val by forgetting to stage drogue chutes early and going cheeks-over-teakettle into the lower atmo .... good times, good times ... Fun to see how CommNet works in practice, even if only on a few suborbital hops and LKO so far. My first Münar mission tomorrow evening should prove interesting!

HYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

I'm going to stay in 1.1, until the full release. Then I'm switching. Until then, I'm just going to play Minecraft... One question: how to you take a save and put it in a different version? That's the one thing keeping me from 1.2 right now. That and the fact that I got ksp from the ksp website... 

1 minute ago, W. Kerman said:

WHAT!!!! FOR MAC USERS!!! So how do I get it?

I'm on windows, but I went to the store, logged in, went into my account, then into KSP, then there should be a list of download options. Scroll all the way down and you should see 1.2 for Mac.