The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

1 hour ago, rem0230 said:

Ok, thanks. 

I try to compile ModuleManager and i have no error... 

Tomorrow, i try with a little mod for test

Recompiling MM without making other necessary changes will get you unpredictable results.

31 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Anyone know what the "Part Upgrades" option is all about? I see the settings option, but I don't see its functionality in-game.

Stock does not have anything using the upgrade feature but the Porkjet parts do use it. It's for mods to use.

29 minutes ago, W. Kerman said:

WHAT!!!! FOR MAC USERS!!! So how do I get it?

I've been playing the pre-release 1.2 Mac version earlier tonight. One of my favorite things about KSP is that I can still play it reasonably well on my ancient MacBook Pro. :) 

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I'm on windows, but I went to the store, logged in, went into my account, then into KSP, then there should be a list of download options. Scroll all the way down and you should see 1.2 for Mac.

Thanks, I think I'll wait until they do the little bug fixes.

Who thought the green highlighting was a good thing? Clearly someone did, though I have trouble imagining why.

How do I turn it off? I turned off Highlight FX to no avail. I have trouble playing at all, it's so incredibly distracting.

6 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

It lets stats be upgraded on engines, like thrust or ISP.

No it allows upgrading of any or all variables of a part or any partmodule. But someone has to create a config file for it first (eg: modders).
I made a full write-up in the modders notes.

and other examples can be found in the Porkjet parts pack as it has been pre-configured with upgrades:

11 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

No it allows upgrading of any or all variables of a part or any partmodule. But someone has to create a config file for it first (eg: modders).
I made a full write-up in the modders notes.

and other examples can be found in the Porkjet parts pack as it has been pre-configured with upgrades:

Yep, I've been using Porkjet's parts. I love them, and the upgrades are amazing! I didn't know it could do partmodules, though.

Man, I love the audiovisual changes to RCS! Mono and LFO RCS even have different plumes. The puffs (rcs engine) plume looks great as well, probably the most realistic and best looking effect of pretty much all the rocket engines.

Also, the game looks better. Can perfectly put it down, but it feels like the whole thing is a bit more brighter, colorful, smoother. Shaders are different I guess.

Edited by Temeter

2 hours ago, fourfa said:

from the changelog:

• "When a Kerbal plants a flag, credit is given to all landed/splashed Kerbals in physics range. Prevents the need to have flag-planting parties with large crews."

OMG

Can I find the changelog somewhere online? I'm stuck at work until late all dasy this week...

Edited by Kergarin

On 9/10/2016 at 2:11 PM, HebaruSan said:

Can someone please ask a streamer to construct a 5-way RCS? I saw @ShadowZone do this by placing a 4-way and 1-way nearby and then translating the 1-way to the middle of the 4-way with the gizmos. It looked OK previously, and I'm curious whether it still does.

Initial verdict: Not bad at all.

K39ZZwQ.png   6u2xEgu.png

• Runs like a dream
  • The new fonts look nice
  • SAS is much improved
  • Intercept handling is so smooth now
  • Love the option to default to 100% throttle at launch
  • Love the option to keep nav ball up in map

This is shaping up to be a dream release for me. So many quality of life improvements.

17 minutes ago, Frozen_Heart said:

Anyone know how to turn on the advanced tweakables? Or the autostrut function.

I think I must be being daft but I can't find them.

Advanced Tweakables is in settings. You have to do it off the main menu before loading a save. It's in General, near the bottom of the left-hand side.

Autostrut is available on every part. Right click the part and it's a button that toggles between 3 options (off, to root, to heaviest part). To get the "autostrut lines" you need to go into alt-f12 and check the "Physics" tab. The lines are always on in flight but only come on for a few seconds in the VAB. No clue why, other than maybe they'd clutter the display.

i am more hyped about this version of KSP than the previous ones. I downloaded the pre-release version and it runs at 60fps with no problems so far at my 3 year laptop, clearly the optimizations are off the chart and loading times are way faster than before. The new parts are amazing and i can hardy recognize the Mk1 Pod. Also new loading hints (Doing Science, Rebuilding VAB). The new fonts are very beautiful. The sad thing is won't be able to test the pre-release version due to real life but i will start playing KSP again after a year of hiatus once 1.2 is released

Had time for a very brief dabble before work this morning - bear in mind this was about 15 mins of playtime..

I Like what Im seeing so far - the new text system is really nice and clear, and the quick wheel test I did seems to be much improved (first tier, non retractable landing gear on a Cessna-a-Like). Didn't overstress on takeoff and didnt explode on landing too hard (which it did in the last version I used this plane, 1.1.2). Made a quick buggy with the ruggedised wheels as well, and that seemed fine - didnt slip and slide all over, downside was I couldnt pull donuts. Hoping to play about with landing legs later on :-)

The in-flight highlighting is really no different than having the spacecraft leave nyan cat rainbow trails. I can see some people with visual problems wanting more in the VAB (though I certainly don't), but I find it hard to believe that anyone would like the effect in flight.

I personally love the new engines after seeing them in-game. I also found some concepts on r/kerbalspaceprogram (I believe community made). I'd love to have these!

iINdJyL.jpg

EDIT: Me having a brain checked again and these are in the PartOverhauls.zip Porkjet released. They look stunning @Porkjet!

Edited by legoclone09