The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

Airplane icon is finally a thing wooooooooo! \o/

I gotta say I really enjoy the first look at the new update. Thanks, @SQUAD. I know I'm giving you hard time about career mode, but 1.2 is actually really good and I'm enjoying it so far. Will definitelly play with the G limits and comms enabled. Good stuff!

Edited by Veeltch

11 hours ago, Francois424 said:

What happen if they pass out ?  Grey-scaled portraits?  Control seizure? (What if you have a probe core?)... Do they... Die?

I was at least hoping for the K.I.A screen to pop-up again, but when a Kerbal passes out, their portrait turns to static and you get a notification reading "[Kerbal's name] has lost consciousness".

Also, as a neat little detail, there is a meter beside a Kerbal's portrait, showing how many Gs the Kerbal is enduring. I haven't played with it a lot, but I get the feeling that braveness and stupidness levels affect how many Gs the Kerbal can stand (so far, it seems that Bill always faints before Valentina).

If you have a probe core on the same vessel, provided you have a good relay network set-up, you'll still have control over the craft. So yeah, it's good to have some form of auto-pilot.

(I'm wondering how long a Kerbal could withstand entering Eve's atmosphere with this feature enabled...)

Edited by Fred Cop

It looks like the Steam Controller does not correctly change modes. By testing, the controller remains in menu mode when inside the VAB and airplane hangar. Haven't yet tested whether flight mode engages at launch.

2 hours ago, taniwha said:

I guess the customs officials didn't like chocolate cake :wink:

If it showed up on the X-ray they obviously weren't concerned, 'cause it never got mentioned, which surprised me a little.  Passed through without any problems luckily, I half expected to have to demonstrate that it was actually a real, edible, birthday cake and not something 'more exotic'.

5 hours ago, Fred Cop said:

I was at least hoping for the K.I.A screen to pop-up again, but when a Kerbal passes out, their portrait turns to static and you get a notification reading "[Kerbal's name] has lost consciousness".

Also, as a neat little detail, there is a meter beside a Kerbal's portrait, showing how many Gs the Kerbal is enduring. I haven't played with it a lot, but I get the feeling that braveness and stupidness levels affect how many Gs the Kerbal can stand (so far, it seems that Bill always faints before Valentina).

If you have a probe core on the same vessel, provided you have a good relay network set-up, you'll still have control over the craft. So yeah, it's good to have some form of auto-pilot.

(I'm wondering how long a Kerbal could withstand entering Eve's atmosphere with this feature enabled...)

Thanks !  Now I'm going to have to try that in an Eve re-entry comes 1.2

17 minutes ago, ISE said:

So what are the chances that 1.2 drops on Tuesday? 

As much as I'd like it to be so, it's sensible to not expect it (avoids too much disappointment etc).  If they think it's ready they'll release, if not then it's best they don't.

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

As much as I'd like it to be so, it's sensible to not expect it (avoids too much disappointment etc).  If they think it's ready they'll release, if not then it's best they don't.

Idk, 1.2 seems bug free enough. If they release this Tuesday at least we won't have 1.1 again.

1 hour ago, ISE said:

So what are the chances that 1.2 drops on Tuesday? 

99.999%, but we're in the 0.0006% of universes created from the prerelease being first released where it is undetermined when the full release will happen.

Edited by GregroxMun

31 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

Idk, 1.2 seems bug free enough. If they release this Tuesday at least we won't have 1.1 again.

I agree, from what I've seen it does look pretty good, certainr better than 1.1, and I am optimistic for this week, but we don't know what loose ends they need to tie up.

Hey Squad, I'm loving 1.2 , played a few hours with no problems!

wish we had flight indicators though.

and i love the new loading screens, I really want those artworks to go on my slidshow desktop wallpaper..... Any chance anyone can tell me where the art is stored in the ksp folders? or can Squad make them available to download in lots of resolutions? please.

1.2 seems a lot more ready for release than 1.1 was, but I hope they wait at least another week just to really polish and tweak things. I feel like the comms thing is still getting adjusted quite a bit and it still isn't in the KSPedia yet. 1.2 feels so nice though, it is as much a quality of life release as it is the comms release.

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

36 minutes ago, Waxing_Kibbous said:

1.2 seems a lot more ready for release than 1.1 was, but I hope they wait at least another week just to really polish and tweak things. I feel like the comms things is still getting adjusted quite a bit and it still isn't in the KSPedia yet. 1.2 feels so nice though, it is as much a quality of life release as it is the comms release.

Honestly this is one of the better KSP updates. So many quality of life changes and long requested stuff that has been added (plane and relay probe icons, splitting some of the categories etc). And I'm finding it to be a lot more stable than 1.1. And we also got a taste of Porkjet's parts (albeit in a separate mod folder)! I am way more satisfied with this update than I thought I would be.

1 minute ago, TyrannoFan said:

Honestly this is one of the better KSP updates. So many quality of life changes and long requested stuff that has been added (plane and relay probe icons, splitting some of the categories etc). And I'm finding it to be a lot more stable than 1.1. And we also got a taste of Porkjet's parts (albeit in a separate mod folder)! I am way more satisfied with this update than I thought I would be.

Yep! I think it's one of the best overall.

37 minutes ago, TyrannoFan said:

The only QoL improvements missing for me are :
 - Hold current attitude (plane's will keep heading upwardws as you fly, meaning always having to be at the helm to pitch down and redo ASL altitude, this fix would do it automatically).
 - Cruise Control for wheeled vehicles.  You tell your craft to maintain 10 m/s and it will automatically accelerate, decelerate to try it's best to oblige (bad design = computer can't/won't do jack).
Those are the 2 things that are minor yet annoying.

That being said, in no way does it diminishes the hype for 1.2 :)

Edited by Francois424

Any way to reclassify ships that don't have a command capsule? I love rescue missions, but dislike the clutter it leaves on my tracking station screen. I prefer to relabel empty capsules post-rescue as "Debris" so they disappear from my tracking station, but can't do that when it's just a crew cabin.

If it's not currently an option, can we gain the ability to reclassify ships inside the Tracking Station please? Thanks.

20160926120325_1.jpg

20160926120538_1.jpg

25 minutes ago, RuBisCO said:

One things I have never got to work: focusing back on a my spacecraft in map mode: one I focus on a planet I can't focus back on my spacecraft. Even in 1.2 I still find this problem.

15 minutes ago, jo_jo_binks said:

Try backspace.

Backspace is correct.

May I point out the Key Bindings page on the KSP Wiki?

Happy landings!