The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

Will Squad release 1.2 before the train hits their offices? Have been playing sandbox on 1.1 since the announcement of the pre-release to not spoil myself the joys of starting a new career as soon as 1.2 launches...   Otherwise get me tickets for the patience ferry, I´m all out....   

vKkFX.jpg

Not implying Squad are being sloths or anything! Prerelease progress has been really good. And I'm happy if they take their time, like the venerable sloth, and only release when they are technically ready (as opposed to marketing-departmently ready).

21 hours ago, Francois424 said:

The only QoL improvements missing for me are :
 - Hold current attitude (plane's will keep heading upwardws as you fly, meaning always having to be at the helm to pitch down and redo ASL altitude, this fix would do it automatically).

Erh?

The use of trim (alt+wasd by default) is quite common and normal for most aircraft.

To keep ASL over time requires an active auto-pilot, which isn't included in stock KSP :/

Well....  A new week is here, and it just happens to be the end of the minimum 2 week prerelease period. 

I can sense the excitement and anticipation of everyone watching the Daily Kerbal and Announcements threads (not to mention Twitter, Reddit and the CNN live news bulletins) for news that 1.2 has been deployed to the launchpad,  just in case it comes today (rather than the more common Tuesday).  Tomorrow, and for every subsequent day (if it hasn't come) the tension will increase, KSP players all over the world will slowly turn into nervous wrecks, holding their breath, afraid to leave their computers in case they miss it.   All praying to the strange, bug crushing, deity known only as SOONtm.

So... November it is then :D

4 hours ago, katateochi said:

vKkFX.jpg

Not implying Squad are being sloths or anything! Prerelease progress has been really good. And I'm happy if they take their time, like the venerable sloth, and only release when they are technically ready (as opposed to marketing-departmently ready).

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, theend3r said:

giphy.gif

Good things come to those who wait. Bug-filled, kraken-spawning, teeth-grinding, hair-pulling, keyboard-breaking, screen-smashing crash fests come to those who don't. And now our special guest, Rob Lowe.

Rob Lowe: Hi, I'm Rob Lowe and I patiently wait for major game updates to be released.

Grotesquely Distorted Rob Lowe: And I'm Grotesquely Distorted Rob Lowe and I don't.

Rob Lowe: When game updates are announced, I patiently wait on the developers to do a good job to deliver the best gaming experience.

GD Rob Low: With my unrealistic demands for unhealthy need for instant gratification, my attitude matches my mirror breaking appearance.

Rob Lowe: I like to give time for developers to release the highest quality and most stable software possible.

GD Rob Lowe: And I break three keyboards posting venomous rage at the developers for a game that crashes my computer every five minutes.

Rob Lowe: Timely releases of software updates allows me to experience hours of enjoyable game time with my friends both online and offline.

GD Rob Lowe: And my impotent rage and trolling guarantees I have no friends and get permabanned and alienated from the very game and community I want to be a part of.

Rob Lowe: Don't be like that me. Have patience and let the developers do their job to give you the best gaming experience possible.

*This message brought to you by the Council Of Concerned Game Developers

39 minutes ago, Alshain said:

They just pushed another prerelease that fixed quite a few issues.  The good news is the last few builds are getting only bug fixes and no more tweaks and additions... but my guess is not this week.

OK that will be nice looks like Reese will be soon

8 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

Erh?

The use of trim (alt+wasd by default) is quite common and normal for most aircraft.

To keep ASL over time requires an active auto-pilot, which isn't included in stock KSP :/

I don't like the trim, it doesn't keep the speed steady on a down slope, and it's hard to know at exactly what speed you are locked onto as much as locking-in the current power on the wheels.  Works on eve and other flat terrain tho.

Edited by Francois424

Seems the contract requirements for returning ore to Kerbin are... ah... a little loose. :P

screenshot146.jpg

Noticed after launching a second mining probe that the requirement for "extract ore from the Mun" was already ticked, even though it was the first mining probe that was still busy on the Mun. Thought to myself "I wonder, what if..." and sure enough... :wink:

screenshot148.jpg

On the other hand the contract requirements for docking and what constitutes a "new" vessel might be a bit too rigid.

- Docking doesn't count for contracts or world firsts if the two vehicles started as one, no matter if they go on separate missions hundreds of kilometers apart (e.g. mining on the surface and docking back to the mothership).

- When docking a newer vessel to an older vessel, the newer vessel can become permanently disqualified from the "build new ship" requirement (e.g. for a new orbital station) even if it was eligible before docking. Seems it inherits the age of the older ship.

Edited by Kerano