The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

7 hours ago, Francois424 said:

I don't like the trim, it doesn't keep the speed steady on a down slope, and it's hard to know at exactly what speed you are locked onto as much as locking-in the current power on the wheels.  Works on eve and other flat terrain tho.

I've always been told that during ascent/descent attitude/trim controls airspeed, power controls vertical speed.

But I fully understand your point, I'd like to have that too.

My point was just that the ability to set a fixed speed, slope or climb (or hold) requires an auto pilot.

And as far as I know, there's no atmospheric auto pilot in stock KSP (yet).

2 hours ago, Yellowburn10 said:

It's Tuesday. 2 weeks after the pre-release launch. Hype train, when do you think 1.2 will be officially released?

J0lcWAxh.jpg

Thought so.

Well, they did say "at LEAST 2 weeks" after all...   would be nice though to have a short update by squad just to let us know if we should be awaiting the release any minute now or next week... 

On 5/09/2016 at 11:46 PM, NovaSilisko said:

UsKLjnx.jpg

THIS!!!!! Just THIS!!!! If you get too hyped up, then you're going to be disappointed big time... and maybe even angry....

While its good that the bug hunt continues... its the ones they don't find that will irritate the most out of everyone...

And that is not an attack on the game devs or those involved in the massive bug hunt.... sh*t happens... y'know.....

so.... I'll take the ferry.... and I have a good book or two... a deck chair... lets hope there is sun... and ...read and relax while the ... others.... get all super hyped up.

:)

So nice is it to know that 1.2 was not released today: another week at least do we have for quality of life improvements and other even better-than-quality-of-life-improvements suggestions to be added (not to mention bug fixing, also important)! :D

Edited by LaytheDragon

10 hours ago, LaytheDragon said:

So nice is it to know that 1.2 was not released today: another week at least do we have for quality of life improvements and other even better-than-quality-of-life-improvements suggestions to be added (not to mention bug fixing, also important)! :D

Actually, they said 'at least' two weeks in pre-release before adding final polish and go for release.

But it's only Dev Notes that are released on tuesdays(-ish), the release can be any day of the week.

(Even if deeply ingrained industry standard is to release on tuesdays, for logistic reasons).

I've been playing since 0.23.5 and this is, by far, the most hype-worthy release yet.

The sheer number of vermin which have resided deep within the game that have been extracted and destroyed is wondrous!

The polish and attention to detail that have been so needed for so long are being applied!

I have no doubt that there will be issues and glitches.

That doesn't stop me from saying that 1.2 will be the best KSP ever!

HYPE ON!

Happy landings!

Maybe it's been answered somewhere else, but has the problem with huge ships using SAS (namely that they start jiggling until they break into pieces even under no acceleration) been addressed on the SAS improvements? 

I was trying out some (almost) self-sufficient motherships on 1.1 yesterday evening and the SAS felt like the "death by disco" button.

Also, just to keep the Hype train strong... wouldn't it be nice if we got 1.2 released on Friday to enjoy it throughout the weekend? I know it is unlikely (no one wants to monitor a release and possibly have to deliver a hotfix throughout the weekend) but wouldn't it be nice?

4 hours ago, Jorge_slc said:

Maybe it's been answered somewhere else, but has the problem with huge ships using SAS (namely that they start jiggling until they break into pieces even under no acceleration) been addressed on the SAS improvements?

The SAS code has been getting a swift kick in the head.

The 'jitteryness' (if that's a word) has been mellowed.

If this will be enough is unknown until someone tries their 'jiggling-to-pieces' craft in the 1.2 pre-release.

What I can say is that my issues with small RCS over-powered tugs is gone, they behave much more sane now.

5 minutes ago, ISE said:

Okay so now whats the new prediction date?????? for 1.2 of course. :) and ill take some that hype soda too 

Now, @SQUAD said 'at least two weeks of public pre-release'.

That has just passed, but they didn't say wham-bam, once that's done, it's a release!

Now I know nada about game development cycles, I deal with the very boring pieces of software many of you are forced to used to earn a living :/

I would assume, still based on my experience from software normal people hate, that Squad will gather the experience from the pre-release (and the experimentals that has silently carried on), and after a little cosy office chit-chat (well, it would be, if Squad was based in Sweden) decide on a release date.

I stick to my experience in software logistics, the release is on Tuesday (in some TZ) possibly the next one.

ps.

Squad isn't based in Stockholm, they're based in Mexico City.
They might release 1.2 on Friday afternoon and then spend the weekend giggling at us just because they can :wink:

ds.

1 minute ago, Bedwyr said:

Last night I flew Valentina behind the Mun and lost attitude control of my spacecraft. I thought kerbal pilots were supposed to always be able to fly the ship.

Details?

Version, mode?

It's not easy to evaluate your experience based on the limited data set that you've provided,