The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

Well my hype hasn't taken much of a dive since the news. 

It's sad to see them all go, they have been truly awesome with this update and of course they will be missed by the community.

But we have the fruits of their labours to enjoy.  1.2  is the the best update so far, and the game is in a great state for the future, with the promise from Squad of future goodies to come.

Roll on next Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Temeter said:

You guys are sooo melodramatic about this.

Fact is:

1. This update is awesome.

2. The game is done.

3. KSP is still going to get expanded, if at a slower rate.

I agree with everything you say.  Yet, must admit, my hype has suffered some what.  I'm sure it will return full force on Monday. 

Edited by klgraham1013

11 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

I agree with everything you say.  Yet, must admit, my hype has suffered some what.  I'm sure it will return full force on Monday. 

That's how it's supposed to be. Companies and staff gotta change at some point, so lets judge everything at it's merit.

And 1.2 is pretty great.

8 minutes ago, Temeter said:

That's how it's supposed to be. Companies and staff gotta change at some point, so lets judge everything at it's merit.

And 1.2 is pretty great.

Think of it as a great player leaving your favorite sports team.  Except, in this case, 80% of the team left.   A little disappointment is understandable. 

2 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Think of it as a great player leaving your favorite sports team.  Except, in this case, 80% of the team left.   A little disappointment is understandable. 

Of course it is, you don't need to tell me. :wink:

It's just not a catastrophe, nor will it make the game any worse. Which is different to sports team. And there are more devs on the game that just aren't public.

Edited by Temeter

2 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Actually, the number of developers now is higher than before I think.

My biggest fear, on reading the 'devnotes' on Tuesday night was...

'Oh no, they've committed to release next week, that means they could be setting themselves up for a hotfix or two like last time with 1.1.0 if it all goes pointy end down after launch'.

I would rather they said something like 'It's looking good and, if all continues to go well, we plan to release next week' .  But that just me being a boring, practical, old f#*t again. :D

1.2 is looking far better than previous releases (to these untrained eyes anyway), and I sense that they would be satisfied to release as it is now (with a couple of minor tweaks) so I don't have any major concerns.

I think it's time to finally crack open the special box in the corner of my mind that has been sealed over time by rage, frustration, and LAG. With the optimizations in 1.2 and my new overclocked PC, it's time to put imagination in the drivers seat and let it run wild again, instead of being constrained by part count or FPS.

HYPE!

6 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

I think it's time to finally crack open the special box in the corner of my mind that has been sealed over time by rage, frustration, and LAG. With the optimizations in 1.2 and my new overclocked PC, it's time to put imagination in the drivers seat and let it run wild again, instead of being constrained by part count or FPS.

HYPE!

Cheap and Cheerful is dead, long live Costly and Crazy!

1 hour ago, Norcalplanner said:

HYPE!

O_ksupWggmI3kdSwJAciRmRrSGftUW_ISXHPNtKE

Ready yourself. For Untitled Space Craft will not go easy on you.