The v1.2 Hype Train Thread - Prerelease is Out

Whirligig Girl

53 minutes ago, WasterOne said:

I hate to make assumptions but based upon what I have read in the forums and reading between the lines; I'm assuming that the career track will be starting from scratch on Tuesday after the update. 

Is this correct?

Waster

You will be able to play your 1.1.3 career in 1.2. You'll not have some of the features turned on by default (like the communications stuff) but you will be able to turn it on in settings.

Note that as with any game update, things may not work the way you expected them to, but the game itself should work.

I suggest if you are concerned, back up your entire 1.1.3 game folder so you can go back to it at any time. I personally have about 10 KSP folders for various reasons. Each folder is a full install of the game and is totally separate from the others.

2 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

Erh, make that more like at least 36 hours.

Don't forget those pesky time zones :wink:

My assumption would be that the release is already safely hosted on Steam, and that as soon as the calendar for your time-zone hits the 11th steam will green light the download of the patch...  that's at least the way it has worked for my with other games...  but maybe KSP is special

7 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

Being in Australia, does that mean that I would probably get the download first? If so then I will try to stay up but I'll probably just wait until tommorow morning. 

Would be nice if you would volunteer as tribute and wait until 00:01 and tell us if the download starts Benji...   just a suggestion right there for you :wink:

It would be kind of weird to have a worldwide launch based on the timezone of where the development takes place but who knows...  either way:

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE  HYPEEEEEEEEE

32 minutes ago, Jorge_slc said:

My assumption would be that the release is already safely hosted on Steam, and that as soon as the calendar for your time-zone hits the 11th steam will green light the download of the patch...  that's at least the way it has worked for my with other games...  but maybe KSP is special

I wouldn't bet on it :wink:
There are still solved bugs in the tracker that are scheduled to be released with the next prerelease dating only four hours back. 

I'm still positive that 1.2 will be released tomorrow. Or for me on wednesday (darn time zones!)

Edited by Nils277

Eagerly anticipating the release so I can install KER with a clear conscience.

I hope they fix the 'using aerodynamics overlay during launch some times causes CTD' issue.  It's the only time I have had multiple CTD in one day since perhaps 0.90.(fortunately, I can just leave F12 inactive to avoid it, too bad I like watching the aerodynamic effects during launch...)

Previously releases have been globally at the same time, at least on the Squad store, so it's not time zone related.

Typically it's been late evening (9pm onwards) here in the UK which realistically makes it Wednesday evening before I'll be able to do anything  much on it anyway.  So I will do my usual and wait til then (and the rush is over) before I download.

54 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Previously releases have been globally at the same time, at least on the Squad store, so it's not time zone related.

Typically it's been late evening (9pm onwards) here in the UK which realistically makes it Wednesday evening before I'll be able to do anything  much on it anyway.  So I will do my usual and wait til then (and the rush is over) before I download.

That gives me a sad....

funny-pictures-bunny-is-sad.jpg

Just now, worir4 said:

That as well. But it is because i thought 1.2 was out today but alas we must wait more time.;.;

Oh. I thought it would come out Thursday, not Tuesday, and so I was happy to see this morning that it's coming out tomorrow. And I got a holiday the day after tomorrow :D 

On 10/6/2016 at 9:20 PM, Laguna said:

And as for the future of Squadcast, for today at least Das Valdez stepped in asked to host it...and so he did!  He also had @UomoCapra on a video call from Squad's main office (Pablo and Andie ( @Badie ) , among others, were there in the background).  

Oh yeah, Das will be back at Squad HQ for the 1.2 release party. :)

Lots of talk from Uomocapra about the "franchise" plans.  VR is also big on Squad's plans for KSP.

Yes big party is close!